Plugin like Yanfly's Item Synthesis?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Pyrathas, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I think I found my crafting plugin with Yanfly's Item Synthesis. It says it requires a recipe for players to craft items. But it doesn't say how to separate lists or craft things outside the inventory screen.

What I mean is I have 5 types of crafting wmost with recipes but not necessarily an inventory item:

Requires resources but not necessarily recipes:

Base building- ( I am thinking Tile set changer by Shaz, but player still has to craft it in order for the Tileset changer can call the map and could use quest system for players to track.)

Blacksmiths (Armor and weapons ) Needs recipes also unlocks a menu/ sub menu option).

Alchemy (potions runes and poison, only one that might be crafted in menu as well recipes are in spellbook after being found).

Artificer (Magic Artifacts think enchanting but different unlocks the spell in battle system and spell book)

Necroficer (Craft NPCs and undead spell counters spells unlocked in spell book and bestiary)

Now what I want to do is isolate them (Think Skyrim). For example

blacksmiths use anvils
    Alchemy is in a lab,
    and two different altars for the different magic crafting types Artificer and Necroficer.
    And base building is at player desk.

Is there a way to do this or a better Plugin? Also how can I craft say an event to appear? Like player crafts a zombie, and on the map or a separate map a zombie appears like a villager NPC. And until the player crafts it, hes invisible. Is there a good way to call this and add a count to the undead count similar to mp? Undead spells costs mp and undead in game so I want to figure out the crafting first before I tweak the spell mechanics which may require a plugin as well.

The whole reason for this is trying to create the most interactive and immersive experience in my Game.

2. xDRAGOONx

xDRAGOONx Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think the bulk of your solution lies within the Lunatic Code: Custom Synthesis Effects portion of the plugin. I am just learning myself that there are many different effects you can add to the items the player can synthesize.

<Custom Synthesis Effect>

$gameSwitches.setValue(100, true);

</Custom Synthesis Effect>

This code placed inside the craftable item's note box will turn on switch 100 when it is created, for example.

I use this code in the item's note box to control a variable that acts as Exp for crafting:
    <Custom Synthesis Effect>

var x = $gameVariables.value(41);

x = x + 1;

$gameVariables.setValue(41, x);

</Custom Synthesis Effect>
    This code adds +1 to Variable 41 every time this item is created and I believe this could be used to help with your "undead count similar to MP" scenario.

The way to isolate your crafting methods is to disable crafting from the menu through the plugin parameters,
    Screenshot (26).png
    Show command controls the menu display for Synthesis, and Enable Command controls the use in the menu for Synthesis. You can disable Synthesis from the menu by selecting False for Show Command and then use these plugin commands, in events, to control where and when the player can Synthesize,

Plugin Command:

OpenSynthesis Opens up the Synthesis Scene from the field.

ShowSynthesis Shows the Synthesis command from the main menu.

HideSynthesis Hides the Synthesis command from the main menu.

EnableSynthesis Enables the Synthesis command from the main menu.

DisableSynthesis Disables the Synthesis command from the main menu.

Here is a link to a site that might help you with creating additional effects of some of your other examples, like; adding skills, adding new menu options and changing the tileset.
    https://kinoar.github.io/rmmv-doc-web/index.html

Hope this helps you get to where you'd like to be.

Also, I forgot to mention that to separate your item lists you'll need Yanfly's Item Categories Extension Plugin. I've put some time into that too so I could help you set that up as well, although its much simpler than coding custom.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Pyrathas likes this.
  3. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It helps alot trying it out now!!!!!!

4. xDRAGOONx

xDRAGOONx Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Glad I could help. If you don't mind, keep me posted on your progress, I know I still have a lot to learn and can use all the practice and experience that I can get!

5. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha ok. May take some time because I'm deciphering java to C# from school so I can be fluent in both