Plugin Maker thread : what's your plan for RM MZ?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh yeah now I remember! never knew why they never implemented that XD

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see a lot of great ideas here!
I will sure put my MV plugins to MZ if there is a need for it.
I only knew about RPG maker, two years ago, and started with MV. So when I got here, Mv already got a lot of plugins and updates.
So when he got out, I really want to get it as soon as I can(if I see some improvements that can justify the new engine a.k.a "not an mv ace")
So I want to have that feeling of "grow" with the engine.
Said that I will surely develop a tactical battle system. Even if it gets with the engine because I doubt that this will come the way I like it(Shining force style).

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to upgrade my Random Map Generators to MZ. Shouldnt be too hard to achieve that.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depends largely on how active MZ becomes and whether enough people design the kind of plugins I need that I personally *can't* do, especially a lighting plugin to phase out Terrax Lighting or Khas' Lighting.
If I don't see those pop up, then there's no way I can transition the current project reasonably well, so it's not gonna worth my time.

If I do transition, I'd probably transfer a bunch of smaller plugins I've made, like Advanced Fading & stuff that allows easy advanced usage of basic commands like the rigid screen fade in/out.

One of the first big things I'd do is probably a Bust display plugin that fits my demands. There are a couple decent ones in MV, but none of them is really easy to use, and most are clunky or impossible to use in advanced ways. I've modified one to allow for variable Bust displays & a lot more complex things that are handled automatically, which makes it impossibly easy to use once set up, so that'd be one of my first priorites.

I've always been considering an advanced weather system that allows not only stuff like cloud movement & modified/custom rain sprites, but I'd also implement the stuff I've done in my current RMV project and make it go through realistic weather patterns. (Daytime & previous weather affects what weather pattern can follow, e.g. morning fog - storms can gain and lose strength over time as they approach & grow further away, which also results in louder or muted thunder, allowing you to also judge the storm's distance to you based on the pause between lightning & thunder)

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on how easy it's going to transfer over my MV project, but I feel like resetting the adventure portion of my current project, while retaining battle mechanics and character skill sets, going for a less story and more gameplay focused approach. I have a really hard time telling a story, so every time I try to, I find myself getting stuck after a while, sadly. Sticking to gameplay is what I should be doing...

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No one touches My triple triad!!!!!!! :ysrs:

Probably no one would anyway haha....

Well I pretend to release a bunch of things this time, but for the big things, I will likely work on a revamp from my Lune Message System, which was a balloon based conversation and Pixel Movement also.

I'll try to release a bunch of small plugins like I did with Ace, even if they do get released, because I think giving more options do Makers is always a good thing o/

I also pretend making add-ons for the battle system, I worked on a bunch of add-ons in the RMVXAce era.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No one touches My triple triad!!!!!!! :ysrs:

Probably no one would anyway haha....

Well I pretend to release a bunch of things this time, but for the big things, I will likely work on a revamp from my Lune Message System, which was a balloon based conversation and Pixel Movement also.

I'll try to release a bunch of small plugins like I did with Ace, even if they do get released, because I think giving more options do Makers is always a good thing o/

I also pretend making add-ons for the battle system, I worked on a bunch of add-ons in the RMVXAce era.
nice!
for me I might work as well on a Horror Engine for RM.

I think one of the most popular genre in RM is horror games.

Failivrin

Final Frontiersman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not a plugin maker, but my suggestion would be to cover basic features first. Personally, I would like a menu editor, and I would like that menu editor to include an option to change screen resolution. Also I'd be interested in touch controls for mobile, assuming MZ doesn't make improvements on MV's touch controls.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
It depends on how the MZ codebase, especially the TPBS, is written(my greatest interest is implementing ATB system features).
While I doubt whether I'll just jump into MZ on day one, if I do start using MZ, I think I'll probably first try to port most of my easy, simple and small MV plugins to MZ first(almost all of my plugins are related to battles).
This can likely let me have some MZ plugins early on and help me be familiar with the MZ codebase :)

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might be working on a new Star Ocean-like battle system for MZ (if not available by default).
MogHunter is ahead of you, again. If you would like to do the expansion of it, I think it would be helpful to many people.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MogHunter is ahead of you, again. If you would like to do the expansion of it, I think it would be helpful to many people.

Its not because mog is doing ut that the person cant work on it own.

its Like saying because someone do a abs i cant make my own

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Yeah, I've been working on that on the side for MV initially, as it's something I'd like to eventually have in one of my future games but it's also a long and challenging project.
I welcome MogHunter's version, and I'll probably try it when it's ready (which I'd guess won't be anytime soon considering the amount of work required, and that part of it can't progress much without having MZ's actual engine battle core to work with). Chances are he'll be done long before me since it's not my main focus right now.
But, I'm looking forward to manage making my own version and as any huge feature, there's room for personnal interpretation and implementation choices. Meaning chances are Mog's version won't be exactly what I'm looking for (different UI ? different AI ? different collision handling ? ...)

That one aside, I've been preparing my public Suikoden plugins for MZ. I should be able to make them available pretty soon after MZ release.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@nio kasgami, noo, I meant like you have a competitor, not you cannot make it. I meant like @TWings can go look at @MogHunter can see what he is planning and you could expanding on that ground. [It is true that many plugins out there performs same functions. @TWings, I agree with you if you can the system easiesr than Mog on how to handle the calling of the scripts that would be great too]. Just my two cents lol. Taking for trying and expand my opportunities to the RPG Maker MZ devs.

That one aside, I've been preparing my public Suikoden plugins for MZ.
People here like the Suikoden plugins and I do not see anyone planning to do that yet.

Thank you for the plugins makers here to at least for experiment with the RPG Maker MZ codes, so many people do not have too get headaches there. :kaoluv:

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz Do you have any plans to recreate your Extract Event script for MZ? That script has saved me countless hours and a huge amount of frustration over the years.
Thanks.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I will be. And someone asked for it for MV as well, so I'll be doing that too. In fact, I'm toying with 2 different versions - one to a spreadsheet format, and one to text that will be more readable - like a movie/play script.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
As I'm seen some queries on the default MV script call compatibility with the MZ counterparts(so they don't have to change their default MV script calls in MZ), I'm thinking of writing a MZ plugin to do just that, for instance:
JavaScript:
const $gameVariables = mzGameVariables;
$gameVariables.setValue = mzGameVariables.mzSetValue;
$gameVariables.value = mzGameVariables.mzValue;

const $gameSwitches = mzGameSwitches;
$gameSwitches.setValue = mzGameSwitches.mzSetValue;
$gameSwitches.value = mzGameSwitches.mzValue;

MZBattleManager.mvFunction1 = function(mvArgs) {
    // Some codes converting mvArgs to mzArgs
    //
    return this.mzFunction1(mzArgs);
};

MZGameBattler.prototype.mvMethod1 = function(mvArgs) {
    // Some codes converting mvArgs to mzArgs
    //
    this.mzMethod1(mzArgs);
};
Of course, if MV plugin script calls are to be covered, they should be covered by their MZ counterparts instead :)

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am also checking which features has already implemented in MZ, but I guess Passages, Local Coop, Dynamic audio, Time/Weather systems and Lights aren't there as built-in features. Also Layers is must have if it's not built-in.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am also checking which features has already implemented in MZ, but I guess Passages, Local Coop, Dynamic audio, Time/Weather systems and Lights aren't there as built-in features. Also Layers is must have if it's not built-in.
I don't think they'll have any of those in MZ. It'll be mostly the same. I'm looking forward to seeing your audio plugin in MZ. :D

Though what I'm especially hoping for is a lighting mod like Khas' where I can use images as lights. (To create light from windows falling into the room, create lightmaps that aren't negated by the darkness used to create the night effect, etc.)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz I've just been using your Region Common Events script and Remember Event Position script and was thinking how much harder things would be without either of those - and the prospect of having neither is just too awful to contemplate. Are you thinking of porting those over to MZ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serg1995