Plugin related to stats (don't know if this counts as a resource)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by hikaru909, Jul 10, 2019.

1. hikaru909

hikaru909 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone know of a plugin that can help with stats increasing as an action takes place?
    For example: Character A does an attack, but every time they do so, their attack stat increases by a certain amount, or every time they are hit their defense increases too and other scenarios for certain stats. I'm currently working on a game that does this sort of thing and I did the attack increasing using a common event but I hit a roadblock with how to do it with defense (and the other stats, but defense more so).

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It actually counts as a plug-in request, and has it's own section. I'll move it there.

Moved to Plug-In Requests

3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You could utilize Yanflys passive states and States core to have stuff that runs upon getting hit.

4. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you mean just for the battle or you want a SaGa/FFII style of permanent stat increases?

5. hikaru909

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Permanent stat increases.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    then it'll have to be a new plugin written, and you need to give much more detail on the specifics of what you want to happen when.
    What you ask for will be a bit different to configure and to balance, and I know of no one who has even tried that yet.

Example of the details missing:
    1) the RMs only know skills and skill use - even the "attack" is nothing but a skill (#1) hardcoded into the battle-UI. So how do you determine which skill use increases which value
    2) where are the increase limits? If every attack increases ATK, a lot of players will stay at easy maps until they have their ATK high enough to overpower the end boss

and that are only the two obvious problems that you need to decide on before a programmer can start to work on the plugin.

7. hikaru909

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1. I put a common event in multiple skills used by the player (including the default "Attack") that increases the player's attack stat. It's not a smart system, and it doesn't have any way of differentiating between WHAT the skills are. Here is a screenshot of the common event:
    upload_2019-7-10_18-26-37.png
    Basically, a skill calls on the common event, and shows a tutorial. The second time around, when it is called upon again, the variable I have there is active and (obviously cause it is a conditional branch with an 'Else' path) increases the attack stat. NOTE: The state I have there is something else entirely. There is no way for the common event to know what skill calls it, so I have it only on skills used by the player.

2. I didn't think of that actually. But maybe once a player reaches a certain attack stat for each map, a dialogue saying something like "These guys are too weak. I can't get stronger against them" and at that point stop the attack increasing.

Also, just for better context, the game I'm making right now is a mock up of a much bigger game I want to make. It's a sort of Final Fantasy 15/ Devil May Cry kind of beat 'em up/rpg hybrid. Kind of ambitious, but it's an idea I've had in my head for quite a while.
    I'll provide more info if needed.