Plugin that allow for a second window that is (possibly) bound(?) to the bottom window and allows for multiple different uses

Mister_Meta

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I read this thread about multiple viewports (thread below) and this got me thinking. Is there a way to have a second interactive screen on your game? The best way to describe it would be like a Nintendo ds playing bowser's inside story. The bottom screen would be able to be a variety of things(touch screen(with your mouse), extra game part, video player) that can be configured by the player. The top screen would be controlled by some buttons(possibly do a "Bowser plays with X and Y Mario and Luigi play with A and B"(the buttons used in B.I.S. to control all the characters) and the bottom screen could be a separate character. OR you could have the bottom be a touch screen that is dependent on the top screen. My idea for a project I want to do is to have it where you can draw stuff on the bottom screen to do something in battle or in the world. For example(of the overworld thing) you've recently earned something that lets you draw ladders across gaps. to make it you have to draw it then you get it in your inventory or you carry it around(I imagine it would be up to the programmer to decide which works) then you can take it to that big gap you found earlier and put it down. In battle the way I would do it is simply out of battle you assign weapons a sketch (Like if you wanted to assign the "Ore Masher" you'd draw a box) and then when you do a regular attack you'd get to draw what weapon you'd use. For spells what I would have in my project is that you collect "Sketches" and those allow you to draw a sketch(the drawing kind not the item) in battle that let you use the sketch(the item kind not the drawing kind). Furthermore your MP gauge would instead be an ink gauge. it costs that much ink to use that spell.
Basically this would have to be very open source but I'd say make the main mechanics be interchangeable between a second gameplay screen, a touchscreen, and whatever else is deemed necessary.
Sorry for the gibberish and thanks for reading

EDIT: I realized that I forgot to talk about the bound part of the request. The idea would be akin to the desume ds emulator in which it's two screens bound together and when you move the app it moves both(if my knowledge of how desume works is correct) (I'll leave a link to what it looks like below)

Links:

Multiple Viewports Plugin:

Desume Images:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Plugin Requests is for MV and MZ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamy7i