plugin that Makes Actors & enemies stay where they are after attacks?

DRG

Orange juice lover, Sunny D Hater.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this so sorry for asking, But Is there a plugin out there that makes it so that if the actor moved during an attack (ex: yanfly action sequences) the actor won't go back to their original position? If you don't understand what I mean, here's a video from a game that does this (The game's called Gaia's melody btw)
I've tried googling what i'm looking for and I haven't found anything.
And Yes I got in contact with the game's creator but she doesn't remember which plugin had the note tag that allowed her to do this. I tried inspecting the plugins in her game manually using notepad ++ but I couldn't find the plugin.
If anybody knows a plugin that can achieve this please let me know

Also again, If i posted this in the wrong spot please let me know and I'll gladly move this post to the proper spot.

DRG

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

DRG

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and bump, cause this peaks my interest too.

DRG

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and bump, cause this peaks my interest too.
I actually found out how to achieve this by using the following plugins: Yanfly's Battle engine core, Action sequences 1, and three custom plugins called Hide Staes Plugin by Maliki79 VG Battle Depth, and Battle Coordinate stopper. Those last two aren't publically available, and I only got them because the game creator sent me them, I'll ask them where They can be gotten publically, or at least, who made them, so I can share them publically and give the original creators proper credit.

First, create a new state, call it whatever you'd like, and take note of the state ID.
Make it so it doesn't expire, and that it only is removed at the end of the battle.
Next, give the state these note tags:

<Sprite Cannot Move> [from Yanfly battle engine core]
<hideIcon> [from Maliki's Hide states plugin]
<hideIconYFS> [from Maliki's Hide states plugin. Only use this one your also using Yanfly's In-Battle Status plugin.]

Then everything else is done during a skills action sequence.
Right before the command where the user moves for the first time, for example, we'll say it's "move user: target, front, 20" you'll place this command
"remove state X: user" [replace x with the ID of the state]
then after the user's last movement command, for example, we'll say it's "motion thrust: user" add the command "add state X: user".
then we'll do the exact same for the skills target. depending on the complexity of the skill, you might only remove/add the state before and after the "action effect" command.

Then, do this for every skill that makes use of action sequences. that may sound tedious, but it's not that bad, it can be done in less than 10 minutes.

Once you've done that, you've basically added it to the game. All that's left are setting up the battle depth and coordinate stopper plugins, which I can't explain because they're not publically available, but that's okay because they are technically optional, they're not needed to function, but a few strange things can happen without them [ie. actors/enemies staying off-screen after an attack because they went off the screen when moving towards/attacking an enemy.

If I ever get a response back from the game's creator, I'll edit this response to contain more information on how to set this up. This post is a little wordy, so I may make a video showing off how this is done, to make the process easier.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gelato