RMMZ Plugin to edit the command window on title screen?

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
What the title says.

Also I happen to have all of the free Visustella plugins installed so I am wondering if the way to edit that window is already in one of them? I am trying to make the text much bigger but the current size of the window is limiting that possibility.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Using Visustella Core Engine, you can go to Visustella Core Engine Parameters > Menu Layout Settings > JS: X, Y, W, H to edit the title screen's menu - I modified it personally to change the number of rows but you could just add onto the width and height variables to increase the size of it for larger font sizes (and probably adjust the X and Y of the menu as well so it's in the right position)

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Using Visustella Core Engine, you can go to Visustella Core Engine Parameters > Menu Layout Settings > JS: X, Y, W, H to edit the title screen's menu - I modified it personally to change the number of rows but you could just add onto the width and height variables to increase the size of it for larger font sizes (and probably adjust the X and Y of the menu as well so it's in the right position)

Can you please tell me exactly what I need to change? I have been trying this for the past 15 minutes and I am at a total loss... :yswt:

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you please tell me exactly what I need to change? I have been trying this for the past 15 minutes and I am at a total loss... :yswt:
Well the specifics depend on how you want it to look, your font size ect but generally:
• To make it wider, add onto the width const, so to make it 300 wider you'd modify:
const width = this.mainCommandWidth();
would then become
const width = this.mainCommandWidth() + 300;
• Similar things can be done with height - though honestly idk how to change the row height for a specific window rather than globally with VS, so someone else would need to help you with that.
• Then to adjust for added width or height, you can minus from the offset half of the added amount to keep it centered, or add/subtract to the offset for however else you want it positioned (though that can also be changed in-editor in the database. (this would be + or - ing a value from the offsetX and offsetY lines)
Again, it's hard to say specifics since it depends on how you want it to look but hopefully that helps you a little?

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well the specifics depend on how you want it to look, your font size ect but generally:
• To make it wider, add onto the width const, so to make it 300 wider you'd modify:
const width = this.mainCommandWidth();
would then become
const width = this.mainCommandWidth() + 300;
• Similar things can be done with height - though honestly idk how to change the row height for a specific window rather than globally with VS, so someone else would need to help you with that.
• Then to adjust for added width or height, you can minus from the offset half of the added amount to keep it centered, or add/subtract to the offset for however else you want it positioned (though that can also be changed in-editor in the database. (this would be + or - ing a value from the offsetX and offsetY lines)
Again, it's hard to say specifics since it depends on how you want it to look but hopefully that helps you a little?

Well I'll give you credit where credit is due for helping me with the width issue at least so thanks for that! :yhappy:

Now I just need help with height and I'm good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi