Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything works as intended during playtest however the deployed version does not seem to be using the plugin properly.

I'm using LNM_LightingTool plugin and do not get any errors during playtesting and during deployment.

The plugin files are all there and I did not check the box to exclude unused files nor did I encrypt them.

I'm really confused as to why it will work fine in playtesting and not work after deployment.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what system do you deploy to?
what is the target path for the deployment (from drive letter to output directory and target directory)?
what is the path to the project directory (again from drive letter to index.html)

what is exactly the problem? describing it as not working properly means that it partially works
please give a link to the plugin.

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Deployed to Windows.

Path is C:\Users\Xuyen\Documents\Output

Project directory is C:\Users\Xuyen\Documents\RPG\rph\Peynt 0.07 - Copy

During playtest the lighting system works as intended. After deployment the entire screen is dark.

I tried deploying without the lighting plugin and everything worked without issues albeit without any lighting.

I can't see why it wouldnt work after deployment. I didn't exclude or encrypt any files and the js plugins are all there.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most likely because of the filepath issues. For HTML-Games to work correctly, they need the entire folderpath and all filenames to follow networking rules.
the name of your project folder breaks those rules - and if you look at the adress of the playtest window you'll see that in newer editor versions, the entire filepath above the index.html is replaced with a temporary path. That guarantees that the playtest works better, but might cause problems once the game is to be run outside of playtest, if you or the player places it in a folder that does not follow networking rules.

networking rules allows only latin letters, arabic numbers and a very limited number of special signs like $§%_- and a few more. Spaces on the other hand are absolutely forbidden - there is a reason why spaces are replaced with %20 on browser error messages.

so please rename your project folder to not include spaces, make sure that your output game folder does not include them either and test again.

If that still doesn't work you need to answer my other questions above.

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I deployed again making sure my project folder and the output folder had no spaces. The problem still persists although there are no error messages and I know the game is running since I heard background audio.

I also know that the plugin is working, somewhat, since the screen is pitch black. However it seems that the light sources I set up in the plugins editor have been forgotten or somehow have not been deployed.

I can upload a link to the project on dropbox if you would like to take a look

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot. I was using the version included in the demo rather than the latest one.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vaslow and that is basically why I asked you two times to give a link to the plugin, so that we can compare and check it without having to search the internet for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My spirit can be so easily wounded by most things that nobody thinks twice about. It may be not a big deal to you, but it means EVERYTHING to me!
I have to make a custom tree for my FSM game and I'm nervous I won't get it right.
Finally got the tablet picture! :LZSsmile:
Working hard on my Mode7 interiors in between calls at work!
A good idea rise a moment before falling asleep, and survive the second coffee the day next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZelloksThunder