Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses

Extended PluginManager

Author: Nio Kasgami

Version: 1.00

License: https://github.com/niokasgami/EmojiEngine/blob/master/LICENSE under the Tool Plugin EULA

Description: 

We all works on Plugins since a years. Many peoples have theirs owns ways to do it and it's nice ALTHOUGH.

They have many flaw in the plugin Managers who makes sometime not easy or annoying to make some parameters for our plugins.

Example the fact we can't use proper Array in the Manager and can be result to really clunky and overload parameters in the pluginManager.

as we can notice for doing position X we have to 

do 

/*:
* @param x
* @desc the x value
* @default 10
* @param y
* @desc the y value
* @default 0
*/

// TOTALLY non efficient when having more than 10 window to setup.

So this plugin add new Method to the pluginManager for hold your param in a cleanest ways

Features:

Notice : ALL method should be call with PluginManager.MethodName();

-> toNumberArray(plugin, parameters) && toStringArray(plugin, parameters)

descriptions : Both of those method encapsulate the parameters in a array (one is for Number and the other is for String)

Syntax in pluginManager : [number,number,number,AgainANumber] or [string,string,string,againANumber]

plugin : The plugin variable (the one called for holds your plugin params)

parameters : The parameters name (it's a string)

Use: Useful when having to store a parameters with Multiples data (such equip slot, etc)

-> toNumberList(plugin, parameters) && toStringList(plugin, parameters)

description : Similar to toNumberArray and toStringArray these methods do the same thing but remove the forced syntax "[ ]" to the pluginManager in case you only want to input a list.

Syntax in pluginManager: number,number,number,againANumber or string,string,string,againAString

plugin: The plugin variable (the one called for hold your plugin params)

parameters: The parameters name (it's a string)

Use: Useful when having to store parameters with multiples data (such equip slot, window position, etc 

-> toBoolean(plugin, parameters)

description: Auto convert a parameter to a boolean since normally string are always recognized as "true". Also throw a error if the user don't write a actual valid boolean value (true or false)

Syntax in pluginManager: just write true for make it true or false for make it false.

Plugin: The plugin variable (the one called for hold your plugin params)

parameters: The parameters name (it's a string)

Use: Cleanier ways for make sure the parameter return a boolean.

-> getPluginID(plugin)

description: Method created by lavra for get the plugin by a ID written in the Plugin description instead of the pluginName avoiding error.

Syntax in plugin<"pluginID"> in the @plugindesc description (Input in the third lines for avoid the plugin ID to appear in the plugin description.)

Plugin: The plugin variable (the one called for hold your plugin params)

Use: Use it for make the plugin independant of his filename.

Planned Features :

• toPoint(plugin,parameters) : convert the parameters in a point value

Get the plugin: here

ScreenShot: Not needed.

Term of use : Read the License notice on the top

Conclusion:

On this I made this plugin for helps peoples and I do hope and suggest to people to use this Plugin for make code more cleans.

I also hope This "extension" would be added in the next rpg maker Update for help peoples.

Last edited by a moderator:

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good plugin!

Maybe add toBooleanArray, toStringArray (split string) ? Also creating objects 'new ClassName()' in parameters and do 'eval'. String to Number or Boolean. If you need i can help you.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Good plugin!

Maybe add toBooleanArray, toStringArray (split string) ? Also creating objects 'new ClassName()' in parameters and do 'eval'. String to Number or Boolean. If you need i can help you.
Humm the problem to boolean is that is hard to convert a string into boolean.

like I said it's a "open sources" tools so you can go in the github and push a issue or a pulling request : D

to string Number was also the idea 

Although toBoolean is already a string who get transform in boolean :)  

Reactions: DK

EmperorZelos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Did I read it right and this took you a year or?

Don't get me wrong, it is most certainly very handy.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Did I read it right and this took you a year or?

Don't get me wrong, it is most certainly very handy.
not really it's just got many version for it...

so this changed a lots.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I will Bump this for a important Update Sorry for double Post

in the next release I will publish soon (later because I want to test performance first. (it's also kinda late here lol)) 

-> toArray(plugin,parameters)

description :   Will convert the parameters into ANY JavaScript legal Array.

Syntax in plugin Manager: [someNumber,String,[String,Boolean],andAgainSomeValidArrayOperator]

Plugin : The plugin variable (the one who hold for your plugin params)

Parameters: the parameters name in string.

Use: Permit to have ANY type of array in parameters (also allow multidimensionnal array) as long this valid JS such boolean , String, Number.

toNumberArray and toStringArray are now deprecated

ALTHOUGH 

toNumberList and toStringList are still valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DK

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
New build is up!

Updated ToArray
PluginManager.toArray is now able to handle List as well making now toNumberList and toStringList deprecated!

New Method : ToProbability
it's a new method who permit to make well whatever you want between the number 0-1 it's clamped and will never exceed the actual number!
it's useful with Pan and probability! it's remove the step of having to clamp it.
it's work with Float obviously

New Method : ToPoint
Will work like a 2 entry List and convert the data into Point.

Enjoy if you have any new method to suggest I will make them!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
New build guys!
I might have once I get more time to update the main thread for show all the codes!

New Method : toClampedNumber
Permit to clamp your parameters! it's simple to use only need to assignate a min and max value in your parameters declarations like this
Code:
PluginManager.toClampedNumber(myPlugin, 'someClampedNumber', 1, 10);
New Method : toGlobal
I think it's will something people will enjoy!
it's permit to return ANYTHING from the global spaces or the Window space so you guys can use like
"$dataSystem.SomeBGM" as valid parameters arguments without having to split them at the end!
it's simple to use too!
Code:
PluginManager.toGlobal(myPlugin, 'GlobalParameters');
on a good note toGlobal can also return a string if the variable is not defined
you guys can grab it in the link on the main post!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.
Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GenAlFateh