Plugins Creating Extra, Invisible Enemies

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by VerticalToast, Oct 31, 2018.

1. VerticalToast

VerticalToast Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've searched all on the interwebs, and I can't find any kind of solution to this problem. About half the time, for some reason, extra enemies are created at the start of battle. They're invisible, unnamed, and sit on top of the visible enemies' sprites. I don't believe this was an issue until after I updated RPG Maker's Javascript files. The problem looks like this:

Enemy Error.PNG

^ Above, there's "Flowerling A" and "Flowerling B", but sitting on top of them are two more "A" and "B" enemies that are invisible (as you can see from the battle turn indicator). It also messes up the "Enemy Emerged!" text.

Enemy Error2.PNG

^ Above is another example of the problem. Three enemies have now turned in to five, somehow. And the extra two are invisible, yet they function as regular enemies. They can take damage and deal damage.

Enemy Error3.PNG

^ The image above shows what it looks like when one is selected. You can see that the invisible "A" and "B" enemies are sitting on top of "Flowerling A" and "Flowerling B".

Plugins.PNG

^ Above is the list of plugins I'm using and their order.

Troubleshooting done so far:

Updated all plugins.

Made sure the version of RPG Maker MV is current and updated.

I was hoping that it was an issue with the image file for one of the enemies, so I did a lot of battles with the invisible enemies,
    hoping that they would use one of the specific skills that I've assigned to specific enemies, but all they do is the basic "attack" skill.

I have a hunch that "YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies" isn't playing nice with RMMV's new Javascript files that I've updated. I've tried turning off "Yep_X_AnimatedSVEnemies", "YEP_X_ActSeqPack1", and "YEP_X_ActSeqPack2" (Because they all rely on each other), hoping that would fix the problem, but then that brings up the oh-so-frustrating "Cannot read property (blank) of undefined" bug screen:

Bug Error.PNG

Has anyone else encountered this problem? What would y'all suggest? This is frustrating to say the least, and I can't find any evidence of other people encountering this problem.

2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Jules98

Jules98 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you perhaps clear some enemies from your database recently? It seems to me that you simply forgot to remove those cleared enemies (who are now without an image and can only use 'attack') from the troops they were assigned to.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It is not the version of RPG Maker that causes this, but the version of the core files. When you updated MV, did you update all of the files in your project correctly, as per the instructions included in all the update threads?

What is your current MV version, and what is the version of the core files (you'll find this in rpg_core.js in your project's js folder - make sure you look in the project folder, and not the newdata folder where you have MV installed).

If you did update the files, I suspect something went wrong. I suggest making sure you have the latest version of the engine (redownload from the forum store, or from steam), starting a brand new project, and copying all of your files across - all of the subfolders except js. Then make sure you have the latest versions of all the plugins. If you already did that, you might be able to copy over the js/plugins folder and the js/plugins.js file, but don't copy any other files over.

You didn't look hard enough. Heaps of people have reported this error, and I have even provided a whole thread dedicated to it.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-property-height-of-undefined-solution.88829/

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  5. VerticalToast

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think that was the problem, what a rookie mistake. Thank you so much!

To clarify, the "cannot define property of height undefined" wasn't the main issue, that was just something on the side that I found when I tried to turn off some plugins. I'm not concerned about it, because I don't plan on having those plugins turned off.
    For the record, I'm running RMMV version 1.6.1.

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've hit that error in ACE too, and it is usually a case of the enemy is cleared so it is just using the default settings (100 HP, 10 in all stats, only skill is attack, no battler). Of course, you can use it to your advantage to make an invisible enemy too if you wish!

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That doesn't matter
    Shaz was talking about the project version, which is not automatically the same as the editor version.
    You could open and work on a core 1.1 project with a 1.6.1 RMMV editor without problems, so telling us the editor version will never help with javascript errors. We would need to learn the version number inside the rpg_core.js file of the project (you need to open that file with a text editor to read the number in the title line)

8. VerticalToast

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The RPG core is "rpg_core.js v1.6.1"

I think the problem has been solved. I deleted the extra blank enemies in the database. I had moved some enemies around and the enemies' numbers were correlating with the blank entries in the database. Thanks everyone!

9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just report your first post and say the problem is solved, and the mods will lock the thread for you :)