Plugins don't work

GlavHunter

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've been working on a game in MV for a few days now, and I've been messing around with a few plugins, most of them being by Sumrnde. My problem is that for seemingly no reason, the plugins stopped working.

The plugins appear in the plugin manager, but even when they're on, they don't work at all, as if they weren't there. For example, for Sumrnde's Summon Core plugin, which allows you to make skills that summon actors, when using skills with the summon notetags, the actor uses the skill and nothing happens. No animations, no summoned actor, but it still says "actor casts summon" and drains mp.

Now I'd probably think this was a problem with the specific plugin if it weren't for the fact that this isn't the only plugin that does this. Another example is Sumrnde's PKM Type System, which allows you to implement the Pokemon type system into your games. Nothing. His eqquiped comparison upgrade. Nothing. And even when I switched over to the Victor Engine by Victor Want, none of those plugins would work, too.

Knowing me and my lack of experience with specifically MV, I probably made a really stupid mistake somewhere, but I followed the procedures for both downloading and using these plugins.

What gives?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tech Support is for when you can't get the engine to run.

[move]JavaScript/Plugin Support[/move]
In addition please edit your post to include a link to the web pages where you got the plugins you mention so that people don't have to hunt for them if they need to check something before making a suggestion.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sumrmde stopped updating their plug-ins a long time ago, and they will usually not work with the newer versions of MV as a result. You will either need to get them to update their plug-ins, or use someone else's.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, several of those plugins are windows-only and will not work after deployment to non-windows.

but if you don't want to replace them with more modern plugins, you should be able get them to run again by going back to 1.5.1 for both editor and project core versions. That is the main reason why the project updates are never automatic: so that people can keep compatibility of older versions to finish their projects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i don't even know why i bother. Trying to to a simple candle light to flicker. Hour later no progress.
My greatest challenge right now is less of the workload but more of the language barrier which I definitely need a local proofreader (without translation) for. I'm wondering if this is even a legit position for freelancing.
So, the other day i come across to became closer to other developers and realiza im not even a novice. i am lower than thrash rigth now, worse than people that don´t know anything about this things cause i used to think i knew. good news is; today thrash, tommorrow, maybe not so much, and someday, i´ll be a god?
Ahh, end of the day stinky feet, fresh out of the boots. Smells like a job well done. Seriously, I have to rinse my feet when I get home, or it's not fair to my wife.
Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u1337g2020