Plugins for Extra Frames in Side-View Battles?

hellaciousseer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm looking for a plugin for RPG Maker MV that allows for extra frames in the Side-Battle mode. I know how to resize the frames so the sprites appear larger and still remain compatible with the program, but I'm looking to increase the number of frames for each action.
For example, I would like to use six to eight frames for each action instead of the default three.
This is the default base, which is comprised of these 1x3 slots. I'm looking to add three to five frames in each shot, making the picture wider and allow me to put more detail into the motion of these frames:
!SV Refrence.png
If you know of a plugin that allows this, please inform me!

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I second this!

Anyway how could the additional frames be disposed on the sheet? Do you have any ideas?

hellaciousseer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I second this!

Anyway how could the additional frames be disposed on the sheet? Do you have any ideas?
Good question! I imagine you would make the sheet itself larger by simply adding one or multiple "frame slots" into each section. If you wanted four frames instead of three, you would just add one frame to each slot like so:
(I colored it like this so you can tell where the sections would end.)upload_2018-1-6_17-44-31.png
So by adding one to each section, you would increase the width of the picture by three frames because there are three vertical rows.
Theoretically, this should be simple to program, but I personally don't have the time nor skill to do it myself, sadly D:
The width of the sheet should be the only thing affected, really, since these animations are laid out horizontally.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Just drop this idea on @xilefian 's repository on Github, i hope he will get willing to make this (he already fathered the amazing AltimitMovement plugin)!!

xilefian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@vico brought this request to my attention. I created the Altimit Character Movement Plugin, which adds extra frames to the map-characters. It's entirely possible to do a similar thing with the side-view battlers. There will be some shared code, so I'd only implement side-view battler support after I'm happy with the map character extra frames Plugin. It also depends on if my project at my game studio requires this kind of feature too - if it does require it then I'm definitely going to implement it, if it doesn't require it then it will be an uncertainty.

Adding extra frames is surprisingly simple to program, so I expect someone with Javascript experience can look at what I did for Altimit Character Animations and copy the logic and theory over for side-view battlers. The hard part is coming up with the file format and API for displaying the extra frames: Altimit Character Animations solves this (and simplifies the problem massively) by using Javascript - this makes it very (very!) simple to program, but requires game developers to write a tiny amount of Javascript to trigger their animations. It also makes it incredibly powerful and far more flexible than any other extra frames Plugin, so I think it would fit and work quite nicely with side-view battlers - it could even work with enemy battler sprites too.

I'll follow this thread for the time being. I invite any Plugin developers who want to create this feature to take a look at Altimit Character Animation's Github code if they want a starting point for implementing side-view extra-frames. The project also accepts pull-requests, if any developer decides to add this feature into Altimit Character Animation.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
No it's not, so you may have to wait a while before someone has the time to make this.
With all due respect, but this comment was completely unnecessary. I believe he only supposed it to be, but that does not justify it.
Also, as @xilefian said:
Adding extra frames is surprisingly simple to program, so I expect someone with Javascript experience can look at what I did for Altimit Character Animations and copy the logic and theory over for side-view battlers.

--

There is this pluging that lets you change the number of frames as well the configuration of the spritesheet, ive used it to make 6 frame per motion sprite sheets with no problem. https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/battler-graphic-setup/

Are this plugin compatible with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core???

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@vico not sure, since it requires the main module of Victorengine plugins that may not be entirely compatible with Yanflys, but give it a try, it may work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Friendly reminder that you don't have to be able to do absolutely everything. It's okay to scale back features or assets if things are too much - especially if you're the only one working on the game! And you can always add things in later. <3
My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray