RMMV Plugins so that only certain character can have the state bonus based on traits or weapon(equippable weapons)

alda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
in my rpg a character can be a spellblade which cast spells that enchant swords. i need to be able to make it that only character with swords or blade or knife(maybe) can have that spell casted upon them, and not a white mage for example.

alda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
is it possible to do this with negate a state in class or actor?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no (to the question about traits for this)

there is a way to have the default engine do something similar with traits, but it will never be absolute (it requires you to allow a small chance to non-bladed weapons).

the best way is probably to use one of yanlfy's plugins for targeting restrictions.
Unfortunately I can't give you the code for that notetag.

alda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
can i use state resist in class parameters for this?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can i use state resist in class parameters for this?
State resist does not stop you from using a skill on a battler. It just stops the state from happening. So that would be pretty annoying to a player to use the skill and it just wastes their turn.

As Andar said, Yanfly's Selection, while not free, is the way to do this (I don't know if anyone has written a free equivalent).

You would put this as the notetag in the skill's notes:
Code:
<Custom Select Condition>
condition=target.isWtypeEquipped(X) || target.isWtypeEquipped(Y) || target.isWtypeEquipped(Z);
</Custom Select Condition>

where X, Y and Z are the weapon types from the Types tab that you want the skill to be usable on. You can add as many as you like, following that format.

alda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i don't know the price. so is the script on yanfly's website?http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Selection_Control_(YEP)#Download

it is this one? if so it is only 10$ so i guess i can afford it.

<Custom Select Condition>
condition=target.isWtypeEquipped(X) || target.isWtypeEquipped(Y) || target.isWtypeEquipped(Z);
</Custom Select Condition>

What do i replace the X Y Z with? The name of the weapon type? or the number of the types?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don’t believe in astrology. I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.
senary_concept_art.png
The concept art for the sprite of Senary, a major character in my upcoming (as-of-yet-unnamed) project. She is known as the Timelord because she can "stop time" by making eye contact with a person; Paralyzing them for a short period of time through a type of hypnosis. Tell me what you think about her. I'm thinking of changing the color of her coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfexplorer