.png Enemy Sprite not showing up in the editor

keqi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When I try to import a custom enemy sprite and try to preview it, it just shows an empty grey void. This is annoying because I can't adjust the enemy position in Troop since the sprite is not shown. Is there any way to fix this? The sprite is shown in the actual game, and I made sure it was a prefectly usable png and not another file type.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
did you import it twice to both enemy directories? that is the most common mistake on importing enemy picture, the engine/editor switches between those two folders depending on settings.

other than that I would simply try recoding them by loading them in an image program and saving with a different compression setting. don't use MS Paint however as that can't handle png transparency.

sereintear

The Random Unicorn
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This happens to me sometimes too. I usually just restart the program and then it shows up fine. Not sure of the actual cause though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:
I guess I have no idea how to properly upload a custom font lmao. The menu fonts are too damn small.

Font_Size.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bohnez