Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found cool tool to reduce pngs size in RMMV. I Don't like large sizes so I made some research and I found PNGQuant.

Pngquant is a command-line utility and a library for lossy compression of PNG images.

The conversion reduces file sizes significantly (often as much as 70%) and preserves full alpha transparency. Generated images are compatible with all web browsers and operating systems.
Features:
  • High-quality palette generation using a combination of vector quantization algorithms.
  • Unique adaptive dithering algorithm that adds less noise to images than the standard Floyd-Steinberg.
  • Easy to integrate with shell scripts, GUIs and server-side software.
  • Fast mode for real-time processing/large numbers of images.
Example output
https://ibb.co/B4gw01X

Usage:
Select desired files and drag them on file: Drag PNG here to reduce palette automatically.bat wich is located in archive.

Authors:
https://pngquant.org

Download:
Direct Download from procuder website

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Soulrender
It is worth noting that this is not free, and comes with a hefty annual licence fee. Taken from their web site:

upload_2019-2-4_7-32-7.png

Nearly a thousand US dollars will put it out of reach of most people here.

Alternatively, people can use the free tinypng.com which does the same thing to the same standard.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strange, on main page there is nothing about pricing. Only donations and Source code published on GPL license. Oh wait, while I'm writing this post
I found pricing... Details

Anyway I still think PNGQuant is still better than other "sqeezers" since this tool has pretty damn good compression. Other fully free compressors can reduce size almost not noticeable. PNGQuant as you can see compressed my 5MB PNG image (4k resolution) to 1MB without any visual losses. That's my opinion. My Clock show 9:03 AM. I check this tinypng.com and I give edit. I need to check it first. If tinypng.com will do the same... @Kes you are free to delete this topic or lock. I will personally apologize all user.

Edit at 9:10 AM:
@Kes - You are correct... Tinypng.com has a few bytes more better commpresion...

I wish to apologize for presentig such expensive tool just for PNG compression... Next time I read more carefully what I find I could post here to simplify work with RPG Makers.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No need to apologise. The way that web site is set out it is quite (intentionally?) misleading, and you only find the pricing if you dig around.

If you want this thread locked, just Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed. Mods might not see an individual post but will see a Report.
Thanks.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank You @Kes - report sent.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am closing this at OP's request, however, I just want to note that there was/is no harm in posting it, we just like it to be clarified that it is not free. Not all the tools presented in this section are free and that is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This wild baby deer is officially spoiled~ :LZSproud:

So the Chinese Communist Party has decided to ruin Vtubers for the Chinese people.

(I don't know any exact details, so don't ask me.)

This kind of crap (and so much more) is why I absolutely despise communists.
RM CCG Incoming? Maybe.. One Day...
People, you should really check @Low creations and ask for your SV animated battlers, so we can see them in action.
Sigony wrote on KakonComp's profile.
I wonder how much despair I could show a player before they just want to stop playing... is it lower than a book or a tv show? I wonder how the pacing would compare as far as emotional highs and lows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fmerino