PNG vs png

Trogdor101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I ran into this problem today when trying to display an image of my world's globe through an interactable globe. I saved it in the right folder, I saved it in PNG format, however it still will not read the file, it recognizes that it is there but will not allow me to preview it nor show it through an event. I have narrowed it down by compressing it into a smaller size, smaller dimensions, and by changing it to the same name as another file that worked but none worked. I attempted to upload this evidence screenshot as a PNG but that failed so maybe that has something to do with it? Has anyone else experienced this problem? How did you solve it?
bruh.JPG

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On windows the name case should not matter, but on linux and mac it will definitely not work.

Trogdor101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On windows the name case should not matter, but on linux and mac it will definitely not work.
That's very strange because I am using windows, do you know anywhere I can convert it?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What did you use to save it? Are you sure it is actually a png file and not something else saved with the png extension?

Trogdor101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
btw for anyone wondering what I used to make the globe I used a combination of these two things:
Worldographer to generate the world with correct amounts of water, ice, tropics, and mountains and
Map to Globe to turn it into a globe, note it gets distorted at the top and bottom because flat maps don't map onto globes so well but that's ok.

What did you use to save it? Are you sure it is actually a png file and not something else saved with the png extension?
This photo I am attempting to use is saved and captured via the snipping tool within windows computers. Funny enough that is how I got the evidence photo too so perhaps that is what the problem was.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I believe RM is wired to read the low case and only the low case.
it shouldn't matter, but since the load picture call is written as low case, and I don't remember seeing it set to ignore case, it'll always pick up the low case.

it happened to me once when exporting a PNG from 3d studio to Ace, so I believe I went to the code and set it to ignore case manually, because I can't change the export code because that's hard wired.

Trogdor101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I fixed it by getting the screen shot via other means, the picture still needs to be resized but that is relatively easy. Thank you for all your help!

Remember if its not working and its a PNG file, check under file properties if it is a .png file or a .PNG file because the newer .PNG file will not work in the current version!fixed.JPG

I believe RM is wired to read the low case and only the low case.
it shouldn't matter, but since the load picture call is written as low case, and I don't remember seeing it set to ignore case, it'll always pick up the low case.

it happened to me once when exporting a PNG from 3d studio to Ace, so I believe I went to the code and set it to ignore case manually, because I can't change the export code because that's hard wired.
i know i fixed it but im curious how you accomplished changing it to ignore case

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't remember exactly, I just made a search and there's like 50 calls to *.png.
looks like the ones *I* made, have ' quotes instead of ".
I made a preloader that handles pictures, so everything is being redirected through those calls. I don't think I've used the default call for a year or so.

Last edited:

Trogdor101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What compiler do you use?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't use MV, I only use Ace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123