Pocket Mirror-Main Menu Error

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SightseeingWolf17, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SightseeingWolf17

SightseeingWolf17 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, so in case there are errors with this I'll post updates and screenshots here. Wish I could do videos though. I'll provide as much info on the error as possible.

Now the first one is where it can't find an image called "msgimg_0.png"

Anyone got any ideas about this?

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You really need to provide more information. Why is it looking for that image? Do you have it in a Show Picture command? Is it meant to be a character sprite?

If you are getting an error message, please ALWAYS open the console and take a screenshot of the error. That will tell us what script or plugin is looking for it. The console gives MUCH more information than the message you see on the game window, which is generally next to useless.

My guess, without anything at all to go on, is that you have some kind of messaging plugin, and you need to add this image in order for it to work. But that's all it is - a guess, based on the "msg" part of the image name.

You might also change the title of the thread, as Pocket Mirror tells us nothing about what you're looking for help with.

3. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's a screenshot of a current error I'm getting now. Whenever I moved one of the arrow key buttons it gave me that error.

Attached Files:

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    command111 is conditional branch. My guess is you are using a conditional branch with a script, and your script is malformed. If it's whenever you press an arrow key, then you've probably got an event or common event that's set to parallel process, that is monitoring for player movement.

Note - you changed the title of your thread, but you cannot have "one thread with all of my errors". For each different error you have, you need to open a new thread.

5. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So how do I got about fixing that? Also hopefully the title of the thread is better?

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, so you're in the menu and getting this error when you move between menu selections?

Are you using an evented menu? That error message is triggered by an event, not by a menu.

Can you please go into your project file, and open the js/rpg_core.js file and state what the version number is at the top? If there's no version number on the first few lines, you have 1.0.0. Line 9299 in my rpg_objects.js file is just a break statement, so I'm thinking you're not on the latest version. (Ignore the version shown in the editor - the editor can be one version and your project another, and it's the project version that's important).

7. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1.6.1 is the version number I have.

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In the rpg_core.js file? Have you made changes to your core scripts? What is on line 9299 of your rpg_objects.js file? Does your rpg_objects.js file also have version 1.6.1 at the top? How many lines do you have in that file?

Also check your rpg_managers.js file for the version. Line 1756 is a getter for the evasion text, which seems really weird for any kind of menu to be calling. What is on line 1756 of your file?

9. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have not made any changes to the script at all. Also how do I check what line number is which? I'm using note pad to open the js files.

10. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Notepad++ is better, and free, and will give you line numbers. It doesn't look like Notepad has a line numbers option.

11. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Never heard of that Notepad app before. I'll give it a shot. But now though for some magical reason, it's working again. But now there's another weird glitch to it. I'll take a screenshot and show you.

12. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The left is the VX Ace version. The right is the MV version that's in progress. The one on the right should be showing what's on the left. So what's up with that?

Attached Files:

13. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That screenshot tells you exactly what is wrong. This is the error you had previously, where "weather" is not defined. Yanfly's plugin does the courtesy of showing you what the script call was.

You have an event that is (probably) set to parallel process, that has a script call:
    Code:
    weather(3, 1, "shard")
    Now that we know exactly what the script call is, I can say with certainty that you had added a script to your Ace project to give additional weather options, and this script call is telling it to do something. You don't have an equivalent plugin for MV. So you need to find/request a plugin for MV that does the same thing, and change all of your script calls to be correct for that plugin.

I actually suspect you have only done the first part of the conversion process. The conversion script you used clearly says that script calls will not be converted and that it is up to you to go through them all and fix them. Scripts are also not converted. So if you have used custom scripts and script calls, there is no way your game is going to work in MV until you have gone through and fixed them all. I said previously that the converter script creates a file listing all of your script calls. I suggest you grab that file and start going through it. It will let you see a lot (not all) of the custom scripts you added to your Ace game, so you will know what kind of plugins you need to look for. And it will let you see all of your events that use script calls, and you will have to edit every one of them.

Aloe Guvner likes this.
  14. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I guess I got in over my head on this huh? Sorry for that. So should I just make another thread about which plugins I need to get?

Also in the core js the line it's this:

reloaders.push(function() {

15. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was after lines in rpg_objects.js and rpg_managers.js, not rpg_core.js

Search for plugins first - don't just post requests without trying to find them yourself. If you can't find them, make a new thread in Plugin Requests - one for each plugin, not one thread with ALL of them listed. State what the Ace script is (preferably give a link to where you got it from).

Yes, it's going to be a lot of work. I did this with my game, ported from Ace, and it took weeks just to do the plugins (I wrote my own) and convert all the script calls. It's just one of the many grinds you'll have to go through. Until you get this part done, you're going to keep having errors every time you play your game, and it's almost always going to come back to the same issue - unconverted script call.

16. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I see

17. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well would you like to help me out with figuring this out? If you're able to though. I mean I can put in the plugins and do the testing since that's what I've been doing. So far some of the plugins are the same as the scripts in the Vx Ace version. What MV plugins have you done?

18. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry - I'm helping you as much as I can, given all the other things I need to do. Some things you're just going to have to plough through - it was hard going doing it for my own game. I doubt you'll get anyone who'll want to do it for someone else's game.

19. SightseeingWolf17

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well I did have the idea of going into a plugins help board to post a thread of what scripts were used in the VX Ace version. And ask on what plugins would work just like them in MV. Would that work?

20. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As I said just a few posts ago ...

Do some work yourself first. Everyone here likes to help, but you've got to make an effort yourself and not just expect others to do it all for you.

You're not going to get any plugins that you can just put in and run with. You're still going to have to change all of those script calls.