Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV

License: Free for personal or commercial use.

Context: Creating events to teleport between maps is quite easy in the RPG MAKER MZ. Memorizing the player's position and then teleporting him to that position is not something that involves much difficulty. However, all of this can be very laborious when this technique is an essential part of the game.

Description: This script automates teleportation routines so that the developer avoids spending time on this type of routine. How about making your player move between different maps as in games like Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver ?

Script configuration : You will need to configure 2 variables in the plugin settings:

Esta imagem possuí um atributo alt vazio; O nome do arquivo é parallel.jpg

1. Saved Map: choose a database variable to store the last saved (memorized) map.

2. Alernate Map: choose a variable from the database to memorize a map to which the player will be teleported when he changes maps.

Map Settings (when loading)

It is possible to configure a game map so that when it loads it calls a common database event. This can be very useful when you want to “adjust” the map before it is displayed on the screen to the player.

Esta imagem possuí um atributo alt vazio; O nome do arquivo é parallel2-1.jpg

In this example, common event number 4 is called after the MAP003 is loaded. The common event darkens the hue of the screen.

This is something that can be done with events on the map itself, but this function takes advantage of the fact that it is activated whenever the map loads without the need to use switches. Another advantage is that you can save 1 event from the map itself.

Alternative map configuration

In Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, the player can move between the world of the living and the world of the dead. This fact alone enriches the gameplay in an incredible way! In Silent Hill the player is also required to play in two worlds (our world and the dark world). If you want to do something similar in the RPG MAKER MZ, you can do it using two maps: one for the world of the living and one for the world of the dead.

Esta imagem possuí um atributo alt vazio; O nome do arquivo é parallel3.jpg

The Alt gameVar Map plugin command allows the developer to change the map where the player is with another one while maintaining the same direction and position as the player. For this to happen smoothly, the maps must be the same size and drawn carefully.

How does the Alt gameVar Map plugin command work ? Very simple, before using it you will need to configure:

1) The “Normal” version of the Map with a tag that makes reference to its alternative version.

2) The “Alternative” version of the Map with a tag that references its “Normal” version.

Esta imagem possuí um atributo alt vazio; O nome do arquivo é parallel4.jpg

3) Check if you previously configured (in the plugin settings) a variable to memorize the alternative map for each map:

Esta imagem possuí um atributo alt vazio; O nome do arquivo é parallel5.jpg

4) Define the transition type in the plugin command:

Esta imagem possuí um atributo alt vazio; O nome do arquivo é parallel6.jpg

Other plugin commands:

Esta imagem possuí um atributo alt vazio; O nome do arquivo é parallel7-1.jpg

(0) Save Position: memorizes the map ID and the player's position on the map (x, y and direction).

(1) Save Map / Position: Allows the developer to save a coordinate (x, y and direction) for a specific map.

(2) Teleport to Map: Teleports the player to a specific location on a previously memorized map.

(3) Tp to Map reverse D : Teleports the player to a previously memorized position. The direction of the player after the teleportation will be the opposite direction that was memorized.

(4) Alternate Map: teleports the player to a specified map while maintaining the same position (x, y and direction).

(5) Alt gameVar Map: teleports the player to a map previously configured in the map settings.

Point08

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is exactly what I was looking for!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds really intresting, similair to zelda, link to the past (which I know has this)
when using a mirror to transfer between worlds, to get a specific item, compleet puzzles
in a specific way.

will this work on MV too or will you make 1 for MV?

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Point08 :)

@ShadowDragon

Hi! I'm not sure if this system is compatible with the MV. But if there is demand, I can write a version for the MV.
This system was born in XP a long time ago. For personal reasons only now did I feel comfortable speaking it.

I didn't play this Zelda, but from what I researched there is a lot of similarity. My biggest inspiration is
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (I love this game) and a little less Silent Hill.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know 2 games, but the way it is written (in ES6) it won't work in MV and some things
needs a different function in order to work.

while MV can read ES6, but not the way this one is written.

I think, this is usefull for MV as well because I would use it, because hte puzzles I have
in mind and wroten down can be better with a twist, especially for the dungeons I want
to use, I want it in a twist like those, so I hope you can port it to MV as well :)

so I hope more people using MV want this one as well =)
but keep up the nice work.

the demo you had online for RMMZ, is also really nicely done, so I hope I can use it
in MV once there is a version of it :)

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon

One purpose of the demonstration of this plugin is to show some possibilities of use for the code. Fortunately I managed to show a little of what is possible to do with the plugin. I believe that a little creativity can do much more.

I will confess to you that I wrote this code code in the MV. Today I have a simpler version for the MV but I would need to review it before publishing.

I will dedicate myself to this in the next few days. As soon as I have news I'll let you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite