POG_SinergyParty: Assigns status according to the composition of the group.

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sinergy.jpg

License: Free for personal or commercial use.

Context: The Games strategy that gives the player the possibility to choose the characters that will compose his group of adventurers is usually limited to making him choose the strongest and best equipped characters for the battle. These types of games rarely have more depth than that.

Description: This script allows the developer to configure the characters individually so that they automatically receive status (states) when certain requirements are met.

Script configuration: This script has no plugin settings and no plugin commands. However, it is necessary to configure each character on which you want this script to have an effect.

To configure a character, specific tags must be inserted in the “Annotation” field in the respective character configuration window of the database. There are 3 tag possibilities:

(1) Assigns a character status depending on whether other characters are present in the main group along with him. Example:

(2) Assigns a character a status depending on his position in the group. Example:

(3) Assigns a character status as long as another character is in the group.

Attention: Apparently the tags (1) and (3) do the same thing but this is not true! The tag (1) only gives the character status if ALL the other specified characters are in the group at the same time. Tag (3) is specific to ONLY a single character, regardless of which other characters are in the group.

(4) There is a second possibility for using the tag (3). It is possible to have the attribute applied only if a database switch is connected. For that, it is necessary to complement the tag (3) with #switchId.

Special Thanks:
1) @Iavasechui for having suggested the idea of conditioning the status assignment to a database switch.

Last edited:

Iavasechui

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to have this happen later in the game so that say two characters fall in love ala fire emblem 4 they gain a lovers bonus that they only have if they are lovers. So character 1 can through variables and events fall in love with character 2 or character 3 but not both at the same time could they gain a state if both are in the party afterwards or would this require creating a duplicate of the three and then shadow swapping the original actor with the duplicates based on who they fell in love with?

Yadoukai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great idea! Would it be possible to have these depend on items as well? E.g., if Actor 1 and Actor 3 both wear the same kind of armor item (like rings, for example), they get a synergy buff. Or maybe if both actors have the same state active, so both have state 6 active and get state 9 as a buff accordingly.

Great work! I'm really liking your plugins.

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Iavasechui

This idea is very good! Based on this idea, I implemented a small modification in the original script: the possibility that a state will only be applied if a specific character is in the group and if a switch is on.
I believe that now you can apply your idea by manipulating the switches in the conventional way. Thanks for the sugestion!

@Yadoukai I'm glad you're enjoying these scripts. Most of them are very simple but with a little creativity from the user it is possible to make the gameplay of the game more interesting and strategic.
I really liked your idea. I'll think of a way to implement this idea for version 2.0. Thanks for the sugestion!

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This has a lot of good use! I think it would be awesome too if there was a windows scene that you could select characters, and it would list out what bonuses there are. That way you could mix and match party members and see what synergies are available.

Logica

Let's go to paradise!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BrentBAM A menu window for that is an excellent idea! I will note this suggestion for future implementations. Thanks for the feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twilightprincess