Sadantium

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sadantium here.

I'm starting in the world of RPG Maker VX Ace and I'm using it for a a project that is basically make a game that helps to save our world, and I was thinking in a game that uses a point system. (An NPC makes you a question. If your answer is wrong, you have -10 points, but if your answer is good, you have +10 points)

The problem over here is that I don't know how to do it. I'm just starting in the world of coding and gamemaking, so yolo.

There's any script for that? Maybe with events?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Colombia so YOLO.

Kind Regards,

Sadantium.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No need for scripts, this is pure eventing - just using control variables to add or substract your points.

If you are so new that you don't know about variables in eventing yet (that is one of the very basics for making anything more complex than a "go there" quest), then I suggest you work through the tutorials in my starting point - just follow the link in my signature.

Especially the Variables Guide linked there should be helpful.

Sadantium

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
No need for scripts, this is pure eventing - just using control variables to add or substract your points.

If you are so new that you don't know about variables in eventing yet (that is one of the very basics for making anything more complex than a "go there" quest), then I suggest you work through the tutorials in my starting point - just follow the link in my signature.

Especially the Variables Guide linked there should be helpful.
Yeah, I know a LITTLE BIT about eventing, I'll check out your tutorials, thanks. But I need that the players knows how many points he has.

And I need that in 0 Points the game ends, and in 250 points (for example) Shows an screen or text saying "You Win!" or something like that.

I think that I can do it with eventing, nevermind, I'll check out your tutorials. Thanks for replying.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, that's all eventing (conditional branches on common events would be easiest to check values imo)

Enzayne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Because I apparently have nothing better to do, I decided to do a quick minitutorial on this using the almighty screenshot. I hope this helps, if not you, then someone else. :) This is one way you can do it, or something like it, although this is without using common events.

Variable Map.pngVariables 1.png

Variables 2.png

Variables 3.png

Variables 4.png
Hope it helps! It's not all encompassing and not a complete walkthrough, as you learn best by doing~

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aels