Poison and antidote problem

Arty Decco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I have a poison state with the usual -15% hit point regeneration. I did not change one thing about the state of poison other than how it originally appears in the complete database. I have an antidote and it has "remove state: poison 100%." I use the antidote and the poison overlay icon goes away. However the poison is still in effect. Why does this happen? What possible good is adding the remove state : poison to an item if it does not remove state: poison? The other states like blind, silence, etc. work fine with items that remove the states in question. I do not know why poison is an exception to the others. I tried every conceivable alteration, after the way it was set up in the original complete database did not work. however, to no avail. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First things I would try, in order, would be to:
  • look and make sure you don't have duplicate Poison states in your database
  • check the skill that is applying Poison, to make sure it isn't also applying a different state (perhaps one without an overlay icon, but that has negative HRG)
  • turning all plugins in your project OFF, saving, and trying again to see whether it still happens
  • messing around with other skills, states, features on states, etc., to see whether the effects still happen after the state is cured
It's almost certain you'll find your solution by doing these, if you do it right - because Poison does cure correctly in MV, unless there's something wrong with your database or plugins.

Arty Decco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Thanks for the suggestions. I did turn off the plugins, and it appears that the plugins are not to blame. I have only a single state of Poison in the database. I know that the remove state: poison works in combat. It does in my game. However, the poison state I am dealing with, is produced from a trap that is sprung upon opening of a treasure chest. I had so much trouble making this work in my previous game, that I just did not use such an event. I guess it is just something that must be restricted to battle.

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Arty Decco

Unlikely that it needs to be restricted to a battle.

Creating a trap in a treasure chest that causes poisoning should be rather straightforward. I believe that Wavelength in on the right track here and that something is misconfigured in your database.

If you would like more help, please provide the following screenshots:
  • Screenshot of your states, specifically highlighting the poison state.
  • Screenshot of your Antidote item.
  • Screenshot of your treasure chest event.

If this all appears normal, we can look at your plugins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.
How do you delete your own stupid thread here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
etiennasse