Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone might be able to assist me with an issue I have come across.

I have some wooden platforms stretching across some poison water but I still take damage when I cross them. I have tried it just as a tile and I have tried placing the wood as an event, but I still take damage when I cross. Any suggestions?

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
this http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/21603-region-events/ or this http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/18194-basic-floor-effects-manager/ should help you out. The first one is more versatile while the second one is specifically designed to increase functionality of the floor damage and such. Either way though you'd use them to define the damage tiles by region id and have your safe path not have that region id so that it doesn't hurt you even though technically it is still the same tile but with something else placed over it, which the editor doesn't recognize as making a difference by default.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm, any way I can accomplish this without scripts?

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Probably, but those are pretty close to plug and play. You could make your path using an autotile (Row A) and it wouldn't damage you but that requires said path to actually be a path rather than say wooden platforms on top of it... I think to make it to where you use tiles b-e as a platform it would require at the least some sort of snippet that turns off floor damage when you step on the correct tile since the game still registers you as walking on the damage tile even though it's covered over by the other tile, as it's still there.

Hollow

(◡‿◡✿)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a problem similar to this before when I had a bridge going over a bush tile, but it still made part of the sprite transparent. All I did was take the ground tile and shift-click it across where I wanted the bridge to go, and then placed the bridge back on top of it.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doh, lol. I should have thought of that. It makes perfect sense. TYVM, Hollow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayumi009