Floehformfjf

Complete newbie
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, let me get this straight:
1. I'm a COMPLETE beginner. I just understand how basic eventing works. I do NOT know how to script.
2. I'm also new to these forums, hence I do not know where to post this question.

Now for my question:
I've been messing around with MV for a few days. As a beginner project, I was trying to make a hub map where you choose 3 scenarios with different characters (similar to Final Fantasy VI). My first scenario involves a huntress. I wanted to make a dagger imbued with hornet poison, giving a 30% chance to paralyse the enemy on a normal attack.
However...

I have not a single clue on how to do this.
Could any of you help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

Maybe it's useful to know this, but paralysis works different in my project. It halves agility and physical attack, and decreases the evasion chance by 5%.

Last edited by a moderator:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are some screenshots to help:
Poison Dagger.png
Paralysis State.png

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Skills with an Add State: Normal Attack trait will add any "attack states" at the specified chances.

To specify a new attack state, just add an Attack State trait to a relevant object. In this case, add one to your weapon to make it contribute Paralyse with 30% success rate: double-click an empty row in the weapon's trait list, and you'll find Attack State on the Attack tab. :)

(@Animebryan you've put State Rate by mistake, that'll affect the chance of incoming states being applied instead. :kaoswt:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm the king of idiots. How did I miss that in the contract, I would never have signed it if I knew, now I can say goodbye to my pay which will have dire consequences for so many things :(.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
59412a