Pokémon Corner: Crystal Version

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by hyde9318, May 10, 2014.

1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Hello PokéCorner fans!
    Welcome to the second generation of the Pokémon Corner!
     ​

After the crazy success of the first generation Corner, our post number grew and grew and grew until our thread was overflowing. While it is amazing that our small community grew like that, we now have to move on to a second thread so as to not make everything way to overcrowded and unorganized. So, without further ado, I unleash Pokémon Corner Crystal Version upon the RMWeb community!

[​IMG]
    A Little Bit of Pokemon History
    Pokemon was published in 1996 by Nintendo Entertainment and was created by Satoshi Tajiri. It was released as a pair of two games that connected to each other for multiplayer gameplay (the games were Red Version and Green Version, however Green was soon replaced by Blue version with updated graphics).

[​IMG]
    Since it's creation, Pokemon has become the second most-successful video game based franchise in the world (only bested by the Mario franchise). Pokemon now is much further advanced than the beginning games, but one thing is still a common goal among players... become the best trainer out there.

[​IMG]
    What is Pokémon Corner?
    The Pokémon Corner started on September 12th, 2012. It started out as just a simple discussion thread to talk all things Pokémon. However, it soon started gaining traffic quickly and steadily (only have small sporadic downtimes)and eventually grew into a small community of players within the RMWeb community as a whole. Now, we serve as a quick and easy way to exchange friend codes, learn the latest Pokémon News, share tips with each other, and just come together with others who share a passion.

The sky is the limit in this thread. As long as you talk about Pokemon, you can do anything you want.
     Want to see the original Corner? Check it out HERE!

Welcome to Pokemon Corner!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Pokemon Corner Supported Programs

Pokemon Online -
    (Main Site) http://pokemon-online.eu/
    (Windows Download) https://github.com/d....0.05-Setup.exe
    (MAC Download) https://github.com/d...line-2.0.05.dmg

Nemo and ?????? like this.
  2. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chaos Avian

3DS = 4828-4752-8761

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

3DS = 5000-1977-0269

Fomar0153

3DS = 1805-2246-2058

Harmill

3DS = 3883-6093-7410

Hyde9318

Pokemon Black = 2366-3182-5875

3DS = 0447-6377-8209

Jalen

3DS = 2895-7188-9911

Jomarcenter

3DS = 0173-1403-0179

Lowell

3DS = 2680-9457-9510

Lustermx

3DS = 2964-8611-0527

NPC

3DS = 3625-9025-8582

Seacliff

3DS = 4425-1619-3092

Seeaka

3DS = 1289-8387-9683

Tai_MT

3DS = 4038-6104-6069

wildwes

3DS = 1736-1645-3231

[​IMG]
     ​
    Remember that all Nintendo Friend Codes dealing with Pokemon are allowed here.

Submit a Friend Code with the following information.

Game: (Game the code is good for)

FC: (friend code)

Any other optional information you wish to share.

Note you can submit multiple code, for multiple games. Got Black, White, and Battle Revolution? Submit 3 codes!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    ?????? likes this.
  3. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    reserved

4. Luminous Warrior

Luminous Warrior Knight in Battle Scarred Armour Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    First, lol.  :troll: .

But seriously, it's awesome that Pokemon Corner is so popular. As far as I know, this is the only thread to have ever become so big it had a second gen. We should celebrate somehow.

Also, continuing the disscusion from PC Yellow, what type of Gym would you build. Me, my gym would be a total mind screw. Think Koga mixed with Sabrina mixed with Fantina (Platinum). I'd also be a Dark type Gym Leader, cause they're just so common.  :thumbsup-left:   BD   :thumbsup-right:

5. pokemonjs

pokemonjs Villager Member

First Language:
    中文
    Hello~Can I ask if this is the Crystal Engine?I want to make a pokemon game,it is said a Engine called Crystal Engine,so i come here to find it,can you tell me?Thanks very much!

6. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Game Map and Screenshots is on, like, page 4. But out of all the off-topic threads, this is by far the biggest.

7. NPC

NPC Auteurist in this world Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Pokemon corner's no good anymore! They should just erase all future gens and go back to Gen One Pokemon Corner! Geeeeez.

Okay, now that that comment's out of the way... @pokemonjs: Here's the link to the Pokemon Crystal Engine code page: http://crystalnoel42.wordpress.com/

Please credit and all the stuff listed. You really don't want to get in trouble for that.

hyde9318 likes this.
  8. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I am sure once we hit the third pokemon corner, people will start complaining that we never change it up and that none of our designs are as good as the first two pokemon corners. They will claim that they are done with the series, but then come back solely to complain more in generation 4, 5, and 6. And then everytime we do a remake, everyone will claim that they are excited cause that was their favorite generation, even though that is what they said about every remake, lmao. Okay, I jumped on that joke to much, lol. But seriously, our jokes just summed up half of the pokemon fandom.......

@Pokemonjs, thank you for stopping in. No, we are not Crystal Engine (although I can understand the confusion). NPC above me gave you a link to find what you are looking for. BUT, may I suggest looking into Dekita Scripts for your pokemon game? He started his pokemon project a long time before the Crystal engine, yet doesn't get as much credit (even though I personally prefer the stability, compatibility, and overall polish of his scripts; but I am a bit biased due to helping with the project myself, lol). His isn't a complete engine, but adding some of his scripts to the Crystal engine could give you a bit more freedom. 

Acetonide and ?????? like this.
  9. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For creating not only the most ridiculously popular off=topic post on the forum, as well as the most elaborate off-topic forum (seriously that is a nice topic header) I award you the Pokémon (Corner) Master user award.

Also, I finally decided to beat white. So yeah. I'll be playing that in some of my spare time. Of which I have so little.

Acetonide and Solo like this.
  10. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did I just get my first User Award? For creating the most popular Off-Topic Thread? Well, Touch just made my day, thank you. Its an honor. :)

And on topic, little time or not, you shall have fun. While I don't find Black and White to be the strongest games in the series, they certainly were still a blast in my book. Not a bad game to spend some free time on. 

Acetonide likes this.
  11. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's pretty awesome.  Your very own User Award!  Ha ha.

Now that I've got a post in here, I can finally watch the topic again from the "My Content" button thingie again...  Meh.

I actually loaded up my Heart Gold version the other day and tried to breed Shiny Charmander again.  3 Hours in before I needed a recharge (I hadn't recharged it from last time) and while I do have another 200 eggs...  None of the ones I hatched were Shiny.  Supahsadfaceformeh.

Oh well, at some point I'll get one, then transfer it into my X Version.

12. NPC

NPC Auteurist in this world Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'll also breed things to get the shinies...also 

I'll leave this riiiight here.

13. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wonder if anyone has made it their project to have a "Shiny Dex" yet?  Trying to obtain every Pokémon's shiny version?  It'd be awesome to see that completed.

EDIT:  I do seriously wonder about the sanity of Nintendo and Gamefreak when they allow people to request Legendaries in exchange for absolute crap.  I went on there today to just trade my Blue Basculin for the Red One (since I can't trade with myself).  What do I find?  People willing to trade their Red Basculin for things like Mew, Latias, Palkia, Xerneus, ecetera.

Seriously, they need to install "Markers" on the Legendary Pokémon or the "only obtainable through event" Pokémon that only allows them to be traded or requested to be traded for other Legendaries and Event mons.  The current state of the GTS makes it impossible to find decent or useful trades.

At the very least, there should exist search functions for "Forms" of Pokémon as well as letting you search criteria like "I want to trade my Basculin for a Basculin" and narrow the search down.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  14. Pern

Pern Hello Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I will agree with that, there's kind of a problem with the massive amount of people requesting Legendaries or harder to get Pokemon in return for something you can just go out and catch in the grass yourself. Some of em are just trollin' I'm sure, flashing their shiny Pokes. I don't know what they could implement to counter it though. Who's to say what Pokemon is worth what?

And having a complete shiny Dex would hypothetically be easy to obtain if you use an AR. I'm sure someone's done it somewhere.

15. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It wouldn't be hard to add a "Legendary Flag" to mons.  You know, the mons that you can only capture once in your game, or in any other game.  That's all they'd have to do.  Just flag the mons you can only catch ones and only allow them to be traded against other ones with the same flag.  You could also apply that same flag to the "Event" mons as well.

Honestly, it'd clean up a ton of the crap on there.

16. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    While I do agree that a Mew for a Basculin is a crap trade (I mean, come on and get your act together people, you can't put a price on Blue Basculin, he is uber cool.... lmao), I feel a single (very often overlooked) feature found in X and Y is the option to filter the search results to where only trades for pokemon you own will show up. So like, you search for a kadabra. First things that show up are people asking for things like Mew, Yveltal, Groudon, Suicune, Chuck Norris, The Ark of the Covenant, an Infinity Gem.... crap that you would never give up for a Kadabra. You click the option I mentioned before and suddenly it only shows trades for pokemon that are in your pc boxes or party. Boom, easy (well... easier...) trading. 

NPC likes this.
  17. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I clicked that.  You know what the problem is with that?  It filters out EVERYTHING except maybe two trades for mons you do have, sure, but that's all you get.  You go from thousands of trades that require Legendaries to make...  To like three trades that are remotely feasible.

The issue isn't "OMG, I can't figure out how to filter results to find good trades!".  The issue is "The game allows players to put up absolutely ridiculous trades so that is all anyone ever tries to trade for.".  The issue lies in players being able to try to trade Legendaries for fairly common stuff.  If they weren't allowed to do this, you would not only eliminate the massive amounts of stupid trades, but you'd also have a lot more people actually using the trading center for actual trades they wish to complete.  As in, if you were trying to get rid of something like a Basculin, you'd request something more reasonable that you might not have instead.  Or, you wouldn't be just picking a random low level junk mon to be trading for a Mew or a Deoxys.

On top of which, if you had that "flag" system in play, the minute you selected which Legendary you were looking for, all the game would have to do is narrow the list of requested mons to something short and alphabetical to select from.  Likewise, if you selected say a Latias right off the bat to try to obtain before ever getting a Legendary, the trade system could tell you "You don't have a suitable Pokémon to make this trade" and kick you out of it.

Seriously, we have battles that flag certain mons for use, why can't we have trades that do the same?  Standard mons that can be found anywhere in any of the games in any number of ways (trade, capture, etcetera) in nearly infinite amounts...  And then the "Legendary" mons which can only be obtained through Events or an in game event of which there is only one.  Naturally, you'd have to exclude things like capturing a "one time only" mon which can be bred with a Ditto (things like Snorlax or Sudowoodo from Gold/Silver).  I just don't think it would be hard to do, and it's crazy to me that they've never once tried to curb the really stupid behavior of players on the GTS.

Also, I want a freakin' chat box or something when you make Trades with other players.  I often get requests for trades, then they throw up a ton of different Pokémon and I have no idea what they're trying to trade me or what they want, and have no way to communicate jack crap to them.  Seriously, it's freakin' stupid.  Do the people who make these games seriously just think the entire world communicates via telepathy?  'Cause, if humanity does...  Then I've been left out and have a huge handicap.

EDIT:  Honestly, I can't count the number of times I wish I could hack the game cartridge in order to give myself boxes full of those Legendaries just to make every single ridiculous trade.  Why?  Just to pollute the entire trade pools and make sure nobody ever requested Legendaries again and to show Nintendo how broken such a system could be.  Plus, it would be fun to take the mons of the players who just put them up to "show them off".  Oh what?  Shiny Pokerus max IV, EV, God pokemon you're showing off?  Here, have a hacked Mew!  Thanks for the legit Pokémon you jerk!

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  18. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    But see, I feel the problem isnt with the game or nintendo, but with greed among players. The minute nintendo makes it to where you can't trade a pokemon for absolutely any other pokemon, people will raise their flaming pitchforks of doom and charge full blast at nintendo headquarters screaming that they don't have enough freedom over their online play. Even with the legend restriction, you still have other ridiculous options that people will want. No legends? Boom, now everyone wants the extremely super rare pokemon like feebas or pseudo-legends at level 100 for something like an oddish. As long as we have the option to pick what we want from a trade, we will always have unfair trades online. Nintendo didn't make it that way on purpose. In fact, I feel they did dayum well given the fact that they gave us an entire system that allows millions of people to store and trade pokemon all across the globe in a moments notice. But, as with any time people are given freedoms, people abuse the system. 

19. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't mind "some people abusing the system".  I seriously don't.  It happens.  It's a fact of life.  What I mind is "the vast majority of players everywhere are currently abusing the system because Nintendo refuses to do anything about it".  I'm not really complaining about "unfair trades" either.  That is going to exist regardless.  I just want to curb the behavior that leads so many people to post those things.

If we're going to talk about a way to limit the pseudo-legends and the level 100 trades, there's an easy way to do that as well.  Trainer Profile data.  Keep stats on how many trades the player has completed (along with maybe some averages of the levels involved) and allow players to filter out the "offenders".  I would gladly set my search function to "trainers who have made at least 100 trades" as well as "average trade levels of 1-45".  You could then do like a search engine does and take the amount of times the trainer gets pinged by the results as well as makes the actual trade and move them "up the list".  Meanwhile, the players with the really unreasonable stuff that nobody would ever trade them for would fall to the bottoms of the lists.  You could reset the "search data lists" every couple weeks or so in order to give players a chance to get out of the hole or rise to the top of the new list.

But, that's just my two cents.  I see broken systems all the time.  I fix things.  I fix people (or try to, at least).  It just bothers me that even though Nintendo has had a GTS for how long, they've yet to fix many of the glaring issues?  Or, they've completely neglected basic features and systems that would improve the overall experience?  It's like the staff who work on Pokémon have never played a single game online before.  It's like they've never had to deal with a room full of children before.  The more I use the antiquated "GTS" system in Pokémon, the more frustrating and limiting I find it.

Then again, Nintendo has been woefully inept in the last ten years or so.  The fact that they still treat "internet connectivity" as some sort of "on the go fancy fad" is quite telling of the company.  Xbox and Playstation?  Ready to connect to the internet the moment you plug an Ethernet cable in.  Nintendo?  Well, first, you have to buy little special adapters in order to even connect to the internet, then you have to go through some weird archaic and poorly programmed "program" to play the game online, or allow it to connect online.  After those two steps, you don't even get a friend's list or real online technical support that can ban cheaters.  In fact, you may have the entire internet service for your games shut down in order to coincide with the release of a new system, just to force you to get the new system if you want to play online again.

I love Pokémon, but seriously...  Why are these companies who help make the Pokémon games still living in the Dark Ages of Connectivity and "User Friendly" options?  It always seems like Pokémon and Nintendo go out of their way to make the online internet experience between players as frustrating and broken as possible.

Then again, they are still probably angry that they're losing money because nobody in their right mind would ever buy a "multiplayer cable" again, since in the invention of just connecting your console to the internet.

20. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is traveling into my rant from the first thread on how disappointed Nintendo makes me. I stand by the idea that it is pathetic that games now can put you in a lobby with like 60 other random people from all over the world, and then let you all play the game you are there to play, no strings attached, no connection gimmicks, etc, but Nintendo seems to think that it is okay to require people to become full fledged friends in order to play with each other. Seriously, why can't I just connect to the internet and play games with random people, no friend code bullsh*t, no 'having to do multiple activities with them in order to keep them on a friend list that I honestly don't even give a sheep about' crap. Yeah, X and Y gave us random trades and random battles, plus the option to 'pass by' random players, but other consoles were doing this same sheep two generations ago... and they were more stable. 

Nintendo is trying to hold on to their 'family values' and make sure their stuff is alright for the entire family, but I feel they are just hurting their company overall. People nowadays want to feel connected to the world. It feels like Nintendo has just found the internet. When Xbox and Playstation make a huge leap forward in internet and communication abilities, Nintendo kind of just shrugs to itself and nudges forward an inch. Why? Nintendo games are generally known for being fun to play with other people, so why is it so difficult for them to understand that they could only profit from bringing their fans together? Imagine Wii Sports... Fun game when you have tons of family members around willing to make fools of themselves in the name of gaming. Now, add in a public lobby like with Call of Duty or Halo and let people from all over the world play with each other... Not a friend list, no friend codes, no crap, just a simple lobby that allows people to join public games with other players. Why is that so difficult?