Pokémon Corner: Crystal Version

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by hyde9318, May 10, 2014.

1. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I cannot get all that hyped for the sun and moon versions when there is nothing known about them. :(

I just hope that they bring back heavy character customization (I hope it will be even better then X & Y).  I really missed the customization in oras.

Anybody hoping for a gold, silver and crystal re-release now?

That was my favorite generation and it would be neat to play it again. :)

Roscalin likes this.
  2. Roscalin

Roscalin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, Considering that they already did one for 5th gen it will be a while before we see another G/S/C re-release once more. I suspect D/P/P will be the next one for 7th Gen

I wholeheartedly agree with the trainer customization, it was awesome making a trainer be unique instead of the same look every play through.

3. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English

Unfortunately, it isn't coming back... Game Freak has this habit of adding in great fun features in one game, then ripping them out never to be seen again. Remember in HGSS and your Pokemon could follow you about? Yup, one time thing, despite fans screaming for its return. The VS Seeker, heck even FRLG Game Corner mechanics! What was a slight chore to get TMs for Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball became practically impossible and not worth the effort from DPP onwards. Then only thing that has stuck were gimmick-ish battles. Double battles, triple battles, rotation battles (actually I think rotation was removed entirely, wasn't exactly fun...) and now hoard battles.

On a lighter note, I bought Pokemon Red from the E-Shop and enjoying the nostalgia (Can't wait to wreck everything with Persian! xD) Also I hope they do a GSC re-release as well. Pokemon Silver was my first Pokemon game and still my favourite. Not only was a it a direct sequel, it one-upped everything RBY did~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2016
    AwesomeCool and Seacliff like this.
  4. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Rotation battles were very much present in the Battle Maison, but I'm afraid to deny Chaos Avian with everything else.

However, out of all the one-time features Pokemon games have, I think character customization has the highest chance of coming back. After all, contests from 3rd gen makes awkward appearances now and again. But we still no nothing, so I won't get my hopes up.

On another note, this is a much more depressing conversation compared to the XY reveal three years ago.

AwesomeCool likes this.
  5. Roscalin

Roscalin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    that may be due to X/Y had a lot more on the reveal then Sun/Moon however I think their going with the silent approach for 7th gen, to make us interested in what they have to offer.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see much more till near release.

6. Ramiro

Ramiro Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs! Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    if they don't bring back character customization, 

I... I... I may play it anyway...

But I want it.

Even POKKEN has trainer customization, POKKEN D:

I wish coro coro in like... 15 days? put something new, at least the legendaries and/or starters... And no, Magearna is not enough 

7. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe customization has a pretty good chance of sticking around in some form or another, especially as Pokken is having it, and it is something gamefreak was genuinely excited for when working on gen 6. That said, it is yet to be seen whether or not customization will be expanded upon, or take an approach similar to contests and slowly die out. I hope for the former though.

On the topic of Sun and Moon though, I feel gamefreak is keeping quiet on purpose. This is the anniversary year, and as they have gone all out on near everything else this year, I dont think new main series games are going to be taken lightly, especially as they will be seen as the 20th anniversary games. I feel that sun and moon will be beyond good when they get here, and I am crazy excited for them to say the least. 

Roscalin and Seacliff like this.
  8. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Hey guys. Game Freak finally showed us a Trailer for Pokemon Sun and Moon... that actually has gameplay!

I'm not a huge fan of the starters, but the game still looks pretty good. They finally got rid of those chibi sprites from the 6th generation, and the routes and cities don't seem to be tied to squares either. Hopefully they'll also get rid of those circle-things under the Pokemons in battles.

9. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So... a lion and a bat?  Because... we don't have enough of those already?

Not a fan of these starters either.  we've had a grass/flying type before....  a straight fire type before... a straight water type before...  I, for one, would love to see them do different stuff with their starters.

Also... ANOTHER cat?  Don't we have ENOUGH cats?  Look, I'm madly in love with cats as it is...  But, I even think we have too many in Pokémon.  Seriously.

also... another seal?  Don't we have enough of those too? -_-" I don't think they're even trying anymore.

10. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I agree, for the first impression these are easily the worst set of starters. Hopefully the final evolutions prove otherwise?

Anyways, a bit more info can be dug out of the Japanese trailer of the game.

-No more denying it. The new region is based on Brazil. That's pretty cool.

-Trainer Customization is back, that's also cool.

-A couple different angles of the battles. dayum those battle-backs are an improvement over XY. Shame that the 3DS is a bit dated when it comes to graphics.

captainproton and Chaos Avian like this.
  11. Missile

Missile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It looks like the trainer is wearing a scrafty hat in the trailer, so maybe there's "some" customization.

I dunno, looks more like Hawaii?

That grass starter, yo.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
    AwesomeCool likes this.
  12. Chaos Avian

First Language:
    English
    Hmmm, to be fair with Luxray not being Electric/Dark and the failure that is Pyroar, I welcome a new lion. But yeah... bats. We have A LOT of the things. Also, for the starters I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see their finals. Litten and Popplio are not going to stay single typed, especially if they want to complete. Apart from Bulbasaur, ALL of the starters were single typed until their first/ second evolution. I don't mind Game Freak sticking to single types for base form starters. 

I see Litten being Dark, Rock (Gosh I hope not Rock) or Ground since we are in Brazil (I just hope he doesn't become a starter version of Liepard), but I agree a kitten is cute but we have LOADS of cats. Hopefully this means there's no obligatory early but soon redundant cat like Meowth, Purrlion, Poochyena, etc (Shinx is actually good lol). As for Popplio, I have NO idea what direction they'll take him. Though we don't really have much seals/ sea lions, only 2 sets (Seel, Dewgong, Speal, Sealio and Walrien). Though I do like Rowlett, we only have three sets of Grass/Flying; Shaymin which is legendary, Tropius which is really only good for being a HM Slave and the Hoppip line (I personally like the Hoppip line, but really how many people are going to use Jumpfluff?). Either way, I'm choosing Rowlett, it's an Avian so nuff said lol

As for the other things, trainer customisation is back? BIG YES. Scrapped chibi models are actual fully 3D cities and environments? HELL YES. All we need now is an optional difficulty option right from the get go!~

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  13. Seacliff

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    @MissileBrazil is in the Japanese trailer's name. Why feature Brazil in a trailer and not have the game set in Brazil?

@Chaos AvianI personally hope Litten will be Fire/Dark, it sure fits the design the most. Since your going with Rowlett, I guess I'll go with Litten. Now who's going with the Sea Lion?

AwesomeCool and Chaos Avian like this.
  14. Chaos Avian

First Language:
    English
    @Missile: Comparing the sky views of Brazil and Hawaii, the map resembles Brazil much more. Though the statues at the 1:03 -1:05 do show a Polynesian design, which would harken back to a Hawaiian background.

15. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Trainer customization or no buy!!! (seriously this important to me)

Although no big heads...

I wish we had a new water starter as cool as Blastoise again. D:

(or another kawaii fox girl, but for the final evolution this time)

We need a dark and Light (Fairy is basically light) Pokemon with some dual light and dark stuff.

16. Chaos Avian

First Language:
    English
    Hmmm, seems it actually could be Hawaii. Looked at this island...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  17. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Okay.  I'm better now.  

I love the return of customization, the region looks BEAUTIFUL, the sprites are GORGEOUS, the legendaries look cool, the starters look... interesting.

I'm a little disappointed that this isn't an expansion of Gen 6.  I would have liked to return to Kalos and maybe explore an adjacent region, a la HGSS.  Also, there's the fact that we STILL HAVEN'T SEEN VOLCANION, a Gen 6 pokemon.  I kinda had hopes for a fictional England or Italy or Spain, to pair with fictional France.  Another tropical region isn't a bad thing, though I hope they don't shoehorn in a desert or ice field for the sake of ice and ground pokemon.

AwesomeCool likes this.
  18. Chaos Avian

First Language:
    English
    Well you don't have to worry about them shoehorning in an ice field because it snows in the mountains of Hawaii. Plus think we may be getting a slew of fire types.

19. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think the water starter is a bit silly looking, but I do like the circus theme they all have. I may have to pick grass for the first time ever, I love that owl with a bowtie and tailcoat!

captainproton and AwesomeCool like this.
  20. captainproton

captainproton Dangerously Nifty Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I really hope any new pokemon they add will be from the more underrepresented types.  Like, I know they'll have lots of water types, as per usual, and especially since this looks like Fauxwaii.  But a lot of type combinations seem to be overlooked.

And I think the grass owl might actually be grass/ground.  It's got a lot of brown (and GF love their color-coding), and some owls burrow instead of nesting in trees.  I can definitely see Litten being fire/dark.  Just not another fire/fighting, PLEASE.  and as for the seal, it could go a lot of different ways.  Part fairy, part psychic, part fighting--who knows.

AwesomeCool likes this.