Pokemon Corner

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by hyde9318, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Hello everyone. I contemplated the idea of starting a thread like this, then I decided it would be fun, so here we are. You and I both know that near half the people on these forums are raving Pokemon fans, whether they admit it or not. Little do people realize, Pokemon is one of the most widely played RPGs in the world (whether you consider it a true RPG or not, you can't deny this fact).

Pokemon was published in 1996 by Nintendo Entertainment and was created by Satoshi Tajiri. It was released as a pair of two games that connected to each other for multiplayer gameplay (the games were Red Version and Green Version, however Green was soon replaced by Blue version with updated graphics).

[​IMG]
    Since it's creation, Pokemon has become the second most-successful video game based franchise in the world (only bested by the Mario franchise). Pokemon now is much further advanced than the beginning games, but one thing is still a common goal among players... become the best trainer out there.

So, by now you are asking yourself... "Why are we even here anyways? I didn't come here for a Pokemon History lesson". This thread will now serve as a place for Pokemon players to meet up, interact with one another, trade friend codes, trade pokemon, battle it out, etc.

The sky is the limit in this thread. As long as you talk about Pokemon, you can do anything you want.

Welcome to Pokemon Corner!
    [​IMG]

Pokemon Corner Supported Programs

Pokemon Online -
    (Main Site) http://pokemon-online.eu/
    (Windows Download) https://github.com/d....0.05-Setup.exe
    (MAC Download) https://github.com/d...line-2.0.05.dmg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    Neverward and istathhgkbp like this.
  2. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Chaos Avian
    3DS = 4828-4752-8761

Choco-Elliot Wyvern
    3DS = 5000-1977-0269

Fomar0153
    3DS = 1805-2246-2058

Harmill
    3DS = 3883-6093-7410

Hyde9318
    Pokemon Black = 2366-3182-5875
    3DS = 0447-6377-8209

Jalen
    3DS = 2895-7188-9911

Jomarcenter
    3DS = 0173-1403-0179

Lowell
    3DS = 2680-9457-9510

Lustermx
    3DS = 2964-8611-0527

NPC
    3DS = 3625-9025-8582

Seacliff
    3DS = 4425-1619-3092

Seeaka
    3DS = 1289-8387-9683

Tai_MT
    3DS = 4038-6104-6069

wildwes
    3DS = 1736-1645-3231

Remember that all Nintendo Friend Codes dealing with Pokemon are allowed here.

Submit a Friend Code with the following information.

Game: (Game the code is good for)
    FC: (friend code)
    Any other optional information you wish to share.

Note you can submit multiple code, for multiple games. Got Black, White, and Battle Revolution? Submit 3 codes!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  3. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

News will be updated soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  4. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i had to say i think this is a great idea, however i do not own a ds so i wont be giving any freind code's , got to ask, whats the rules regarding discussing fan made pokemon game hacks ? (those are LEGAL if you dont know)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  5. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, this thread is about Pokemon, so go right ahead, as long as we stay within the forum rules.

6. Probotector 200X

Probotector 200X Probotect and Serve Veteran

Yay Pokémans!

I'm currently playing Black version, really slowly, taking my time. 6 Badges in.

I'm going to be getting Black 2 soon, but I don't really want to play it yet, not so soon after playing Black. But...Genesect is coming, and it's only available for Black 2 and White 2, not Black and White. Argh. I don't wanna miss it! That reminds me, need to get Gamestop Keldeo soon!

I never bothered sharing friend codes with anyone, but maybe I will soon.

Hmm...I think it would be cool if people would share some of their favorite Pokémon! And why!

I think my favorite is still Scyther...just something so cool about it. It's like part dinosaur, part mantis, part awesome. I know there is it's evolution, Scizor, who's often considered better...but...I like Scyther more!

It's not fair though, I haven't played all the way through a 5th Gen game, so I haven't given all those Pokémon a chance yet...But I think Scyther will stay my favorite.

7. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My favorite is a pokemon barely anybody likes, lol.

I like Drowzee/Hypno. My shiny Hypno is the basis of my main team, along with Musharna and Darkrai. Hypno is just so dayum mystical it hurts.

I like to call my team Sweet Dreamz.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  8. Jalen

Jalen The Green Goatee Gal Veteran

Hrnrhng I love Pokemon! It's my favorite game series ever and always will be, I do believe. :> My favorite Pokemon is also Scyther! The first time I saw him in my friend's Red game Safari Zone as a wee lass, I knew I had to have him; alas, imagine my sorrow when my Blue version Safari Zone had not one single Scyther. Scizor's...ehh he's okay but Scyther's where it's at. I just wish he could fly, then he'd be totally perfect.

I also love Houndour/Houndoom, Typhlosion, Bisharp, Serperior, Gliscor, and Scolipede, along with many others. It's so hard to choose, okay. ;w; I can't wait for more future Eeveelutions! I'm anxiously waiting for the day we get bug Eevee.

I own Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal (their batteries are dead, though), HeartGold and Soulsilver, Ruby and Sapphire (...dead batteries ;w;), Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and Black and White. I don't own FireRed, Leafgreen, or Emerald, which is a shame because DO WANT. I'll probably toss up my friend code for White when I get back from classes. uwub

9. Fomar0153

Fomar0153 All wrapped up for winter. Restaff

First Language:
    English
    We only need a Dragon Eeveelution all the old special types have been covered!

Choco-Elliot Wyvern likes this.
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I absolutely love pokemon and forever will, I grew up with generation 1 and owned Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Stadium, so I was the sheep in my school for having it. Then when it came to generation 2 came out, I shined out on top being the best player in my school, and being the only one to have pokemon close to lvl 100 (in my old school having all the obtainable legendaries, a lvl 100, or a rare pokemon you were praised) I was amazing. Once gen 3 came in I was a bit older and a good player in tactics game so I tore everyone a new behind when it came to battles, and I purchased the players guide so I knew about the mirage island, sky pillar, and how to get those dayum regis!

Gen 4 was my battling gen because I love doing double battles with the sinnoh pokemon. And now currently after winning many battles and losing just as much as wins, I battled alot of people from around the world and in my state trying to regain my top player status and head to a pokemon tornament. 5th gen battles. I hate triple battles with a passion sometimes due to how cheap the opponent can be with some tactics. (I'll post my FC when I'm out of class if someone wants to battle for fun.)

I own Yellow, Gold, Silver Crystal( G and S don't work anymore ;_; ) Ruby, Saphhire (I lost my emerald ;_; ) Diamond (lost it ;_; ) Soul Silver, and White. Oh and alot of the spin off games, but not the poke park ones.

My absolute favorite pokemon is Pichu. Love it to death, with it being my second baby pokemon I got (You can get another egg if you hatch togepi in gen 2) and it was so powerful at the time, it was lvl 65 and it could take on the elite four's pokemon no problem. (zap cannon FTW!)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  11. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Gible.

12. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Lol. Gible. Oh wait, Ill one up you... Garchomp.

I love Gible and Garchomp.

I think if I had a choice, my dream Dragon team would be Garchomp, Dragonite, Haxorus, Salamence, Hydreigon, and Kingdra. Good lord, I would love that team.

Oh wait.. I take that back. I want a team almost nobody would want... an all Bug team. Yeah.

Well guys, it looks like team Sweet Dreamz is going into storage. Starting tonight on a bug team. I promise you guys, when we start competing in this thread, these bugs are going to be STRONG.

I am thinking... Genesect, Volcarona, Shedninja, Yanmega, Herecross, Scizor.

13. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The one thing is that Gible is so amazingly cute. Like in the, it will take your hand off cute. Its unfortunate that it doesn't stay cute through its evolutions ;_; .

(Actually my favorite Pokemon is Houndour/doom, Gible is my second fav)

14. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Houndoom was really cool. I will admit that. But, for some reason, everytime I used Houndoom, I had to have an Arcanine as well. Not sure why I did that, but I really dont like to use one without the other. Dont ask why, I just dont know.

And btw guys, look what I just found. This site is cool.

http://pokemon.pikimal.com/

And, before I begin putting my competition team together, I want opinions.

What type should I specialize in?

Bug

Dark

Poison

Dragon

Ghost

15. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My favourite pokemon is Pikachu :3 I think I still have about...20 Pikachu plushies somewhere x3

16. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you see the pikachu picture in the top post? The one of pikachu from the 90s and pikachu from the 2000s? I think that is still my favorite pokemon picture on the web.

RyanA likes this.
  17. tpasmall

tpasmall The Mauve Avenger Veteran

First Language:
    English
    As lame as it is, my favorite pokemone is pikachu too.

My wife and I play the card game, we each have our own seperate collections (I bought 3 thousand cards and evenly sorted out certain cards and randomly sorted out the rest, now we buy packs on our own and battle eachother, it's amazing being married to a poke-nerd). She plays the games on gameboy and ds, but I don't. I'd post her ID up here but I don't know if she'd like it or not haha.

RyanA likes this.
  18. Apple

Apple Doodlin' crap 'til I die Veteran

Unn... my favorite series as well, but unlike most people, I have a lot of favorite pokemon. Since lately I've only been playing nuzlocke, so any pokemon that made it until the end (or sometimes just by half game), I'd always consider them to be bro or sister and give them a lot of affection. There are times I quitted a run altogether just because I lost a pokemon in battle.

(For anyone who's unfamiliar, nuzlocke is a type of challenge in which if your pokemon fainted, it is considered DEAD and must be released or permanently-boxed; also you can only catch the first pokemon you see in each route/area. If you haven't tried the challenge, you can't fathom how painful it is when the pokemon you've been using for the last 40 levels got KO'ed)

One of my favorite pokemon ever was Stoutland, of the 5th Gen. After being with you from level 3 until the end of the game, carried the whole team through many dire situations, Elite Four, N, Ghetsis battle, it's hard not to love her. Aesthetically, then my favorite would have to be Joltik (so little and so cute ;_; ) and Scraggy family line (serious, he just looks so punky and cool and ass-kicking)

@Hyde: Bug type is awesome. I had a Beautifly and a Butterfree before. They were both so BOSS. Butterfree especially could carry my team through Kanto's Elite Four. She was so hax it wasn't even funny (Compoundeye + Sleep Power + Dream Eater, who dare say otherwise?)

RyanA likes this.
  19. Jawnsunn

Jawnsunn glass cannon Member

First Language:
    English
    Bisharp is the raddest thing to ever come out of Pokemon. Seriously.

I'm pretty hype for Black 2 and White 2, loved the Black and White and I'm really glad that there's more to the Unova region.

Oh, and there's a proper hard mode on Black 2.

yes.

Is this for online play or the DS card game? Because if you chose one type for an online team, you will most likely get f'd up pretty bad. You might want to specialize on different types and work synergy between your Pokemon.

don't listen to me if you're playing the card game though.

RyanA likes this.
  20. hyde9318

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That challenge sounds painful. I could see my starter getting killed within 10 minutes of the game, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.