Not open for further replies.

Mon Dez

Good Loser
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog/English
Primarily Uses
This is the only thing I hope for the remake of Ruby and Sapphire is the Pokemon Contest. For some reason I enjoyed the Pokemon contest in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and played in every single category to get all of the ribbons. Secret bases were pretty enjoyable as well and I hope they bring that to the remake also.

Solo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is the only thing I hope for the remake of Ruby and Sapphire is the Pokemon Contest. For some reason I enjoyed the Pokemon contest in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and played in every single category to get all of the ribbons. Secret bases were pretty enjoyable as well and I hope they bring that to the remake also.
Yeah, contests would be a hoot in 3D! I hope they preserve everything that Ruby/Sapphire introduced, like contests, and I also hope there's full compatibility with Pokémon Bank right off the bat, so I can import my beloved shiny Braixen for contests! ^_^

Another thing I hope they preserve is the style of the music. Back then, there wasn't a lot of electronic/rocky stuff in Pokémon music yet. I hope they update the quality of the music to the level of X/Y while preserving the actual style. Route 6 etc. in X/Y is a perfect example of what it could be. They have the potential to create a BEAUTIFUL orchestral score with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I hope they respect the source material and seize that opportunity. R/S had my favorite battle themes, and it just wouldn't seem right if they tampered with them by adding electric guitar and heavy electronic beats... no, let me hear resounding brass, and heartfelt strings!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never actually liked the contests either...  Too much "random chance" and then Meta Gaming.  I got tired of going online to grab a guide to see the best ways to compete in those things and then doing it just to win.  I did like in DPP when those things got upgraded to the other contests where you danced and matched accessories and stuff.  I found that far more appealing than "I need these worthless moves on this specially bred Pokémon with specially created Pokeblocks to beat level 2 of this contest".

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, while there is debate on the new games going on, I want to put in my own predictions as I did before with other games (take it all with a grain of salt, I am often wrong and these are just MY OPINIONS).

• I feel the customization of X and Y is going to be taken to a whole new level beyond anything we have thought of before. The fact that (in my opinion) generation 3 seemed to be the best in terms of customization before X and Y (with the contests and bases), I feel they are going to take the concept and just run with it. Imagine... We get an upgraded version of the secret base feature, plus extended multiplayer options, PLUS player customization... We can practically create our own player gyms! I don't know about all of you, but I have wanted that since Red and Blue version. Give me some more clothing options for my character and I'll be a happy man.
  • With the super-upgraded multiplayer we were given in generation 6, I feel the Gen 3 remakes will push the system to its limits. Generation 3 was already where nintendo started pushing the limits of what you can do with other players (multiplayer contests, battle frontier, secret bases), so why not make it a special point yet again? I feel nintendo will push online play even further now that they are comfortable with what they did in X and Y. Now, if I can play the game in co-op with a friend helping me take on Team Magma/Aqua... I may have a happy stroke.
  • Mega-Evolutions... I foresee more. And not just one or two, I seem to think we will be getting a decent number of them. Right off hand, I am damn sure we will get Megas for all three Hoenn starters mainly because Blaziken already got one. Then, I am pretty sure Groudon and Kyogre will too because of what nintendo said...
"The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes." -Serebii
This just makes me feel that they are either getting a mega evo or new forms. And where they get new stuff, I am sure Rayquaza isn't far behind, he never gets left out. Now, we also know Latios and Latias got mega evolutions, so I feel that further cements mega evos for the cover legends. But what about other gen 3 legends? Deoxys shouldn't get one in my opinion cause he already has multiple forms and is overpowered. I wouldn't mind Jirachi get one as I feel the poor little meteor pokemon of wishes doesn't get much love compared to his other cute legend cousins like Mew, Victini, and Celebi. That brings me to legends of whom I feel deserve some much need power boosts... the Regis. I LOVE the Regis, but they are SO underpowered. Like to the point that I can barely use them, which is painful due to how cool I thought they were. Then they came out with Regigigas, who was also underpowered. The Regis get NO love. NONE. So, give them new forms, make them useful. That would make me happy, very happy.
  • End game content. This is tricky as this is only ideas and speculation. However, the remake games tend to switch things up to make the games better in the long run. Leaf Green and Fire Red got the Sevii Islands to boost endgame content. Heart Gold and Soul Silver switched up the main storyline a slight bit, reopened the Safarii Zone in Fuschia, and added a few new areas in Johto to explore. HG/SS remakes were more ambitious in terms of how much was added than FR/LG, so I only foresee OR/AS being even more grand. I don't think we will be seeing more than Hoenn in terms of regions we have been to. But the trailer seemed to focus on the point that we will be seeing new pokemon. And We all know that Kalos had a disappointing amount of new pokemon for us to meet. I have this idea in my head that we will be going somewhere we have never seen before with pokemon we have never met, even if it is only 10 new ones in the end. It probably won't be some huge grand exploration in a foreign continent, but maybe a group of islands close by to Hoenn that are now becoming settled or something, connecting Kalos and Hoenn in some way. I don't feel it is a coincidence that Kalos and Hoenn are getting games in one generation, so I feel something will connect the two, whether it be storyline or regional borders.
  • Like I said, this is ALL speculation, but we will see soon. A major trailer will be coming out Sunday.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
yeah, the Regis' feel like they're not special...

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I really want the battle frontier and the casi... I mean, game corner, back.

Mon Dez

Good Loser
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog/English
Primarily Uses
The Regi's were my main team back in the old Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald gba days. There was something about them that always drew my attention whether it was this feel of origin compared to the other legendaries, they just felt right with me. 

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Gimme the battle pyramid and I will be a-okay! :)

Also, I think the Groudon and Kyogre changes are this: you take your respective legendary and Rayquaza to a pokeblock mixer, and throw them in! Instant fusion, and high nutrition.

Also, I'd never leave the game if you could start your own gym. What if you could design a badge? What if- what if they started adding a whole underground like Sinnoh, except not as boringly empty? My...my mind is buzzing with excitement.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A Pokémon game where you can become a Gym Leader?

I'M IN!  I'd love to try that out!  Try to be the toughest gym in the league!  Work within the confines of the "Gym Rules", like you have to have a theme and a set amount of levels...  But, you could work your way up...  You could have a "Day/Night" simulation run on top of it like Harvest Moon does and have Trainers show up every so often to challenge you.  Maybe even earn some "subordinates" as you do well and Trainers stay to study under you.  Oh, you could even customize your Gym Layout (complete with gimmicks!  Unlock some gimmicks too!) and your badge!  You could even assign the "Special Feature" to your badge!

Man, that'd be a lot of fun and a massive time sink for me.

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A set amount of traps for players to fall into! I can just imagine crossing Mossdeep with Sootopolis Gym. ALL THE RAGE. :3 Maybe throw in a bit of Sabrina's gym to make them even madder. :D

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My gym would be a mixture of the "Quiz Gyms" and the "Teleporter Gyms".  9 rooms, 4 teleporters each.  To get access to each teleporter, you must answer the Quiz Question of the trainer guarding it.  If you answer wrong, you must fight them.  The only rooms without four teleporters, of course, would be the entrance and the Gym Leader room.

Or, maybe, if it were possible...  A gym that required you to have every single HM on you in order to reach the Gym Leader at all.  If that didn't induce rage... I have no idea what would, ha ha.

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bring out the almighty Bidoof! My shiny "Master" is just waiting for your challenge...

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick warning before staff comes in and cleans house...

This thread is being closed soon. Grab your crap and get out, there is nothing to see here!

We are moving to a new thread due to being over 100 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lanzy