hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really, Grumpig surprised me. I am not a huge Yellow fan, so the fact that he got on my favorite list really says something. I mean, look at him... it just matches him so well. The yellow looks like it could have been his normal color.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i do agree he looks much better in the yellow, but i think red or blue grumpig would have been nicer :p

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I thought I'd share a little story.

I wanted a water type. I looked on Bulbapedia. I saw Lapras. 5% in rippling water at Village Bridge. I'm like, "Sure, that won't be too hard."

Two hours later, I find a Lapras. I think I can catch it easily. First turn, I paralyze it, it freezes my Electabuzz. No big deal. I switch out. It uses PERISH SONG.

So I use my Master Ball. NO REGRETS.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Epic story ^_^ kept me tuned to my screen for the whole duration of me readin it :p

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like Lapras and all, but I don't think I could live with myself using a Masterball on him. In fact, I really havent used many masterballs since red version. In fact again, I think I can actually name every pokemon I actually used a master ball on, off the top of my head.

Mewtwo

Entei

Shiny Groudon (first shiny legend, didnt want to take any chances)

Rayquaza

Mew (event where you got to go to the island)(again, not taking any chances)

Regigigas

Kyurem

Kyurem (again in B2)

So, really that is how many I have used total. I dont like using Master Balls. I have a certain tactic for catching pokemon using different pokeballs, and so far it hasnt done me wrong. When I either really want the pokemon, or it seems as though my tactic wont work/will take too long, then I throw the master Ball.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I haven't used a Master Ball since Diamond, so I think I deserved to get to use this one.

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Story time for everyone: When I was 4 or 5 I was playing my gold version and got a master ball, I did not know you could only have 1 through your entire playthrough of the game, so as I was walking around in the grass looking for a Pokemon I found a ponyta. My cousin was watching me play the game, but he did not know I used the master ball...on it. I told him about it, and he hit me. ;_; Flash Forward to Ruby, I got a master ball on pure accident in the Team Magma base since I thought some guy in Mossdeep was gonna give one to me or possibly Steven, so I saved the master ball until the end of the game.

I eventually found Rayquaza and almost wasted it on him, but I caught it with a Nest Ball. Felt like a bad ass. Next I did the lottery and my cousin was once again watching me play the game, but I yelled out "cool" really loudly as a text box came up saying I won a master ball. So I had two! Flash Forward till I was 13 I went back to play my Ruby again and found a shiny Latios and captured it. I thought that was just the normal default color for it since I did not see the stars, and my mind was used to the cool shiny stars in Crystal version.

As I was saving...my batteries popped out of my gba since I set the game down on a counter. I pushed them back in and turned on the game, and found out the save file was corrupt and I have to start from the old save. No shiny Latios. I never saw him again, until I hacked Diamond version and got my own.

Last edited by a moderator:

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't used a Master Ball since Diamond, so I think I deserved to get to use this one.
Lol, wow. Okay, you earned it. Lmao.

And Delsh, tough luck man. Sorry about your Latios.

BTW, I would like to remind everyone to avert their attention quickly to the news section (Post #3 of this topic). If you look to the bottom, you will notice that we will be holding a Pokemon Corner event during the month of December.

More details will be given soon, but I will say that it is a Pokemon Fan Art contest.

EDIT: Also, just noticed that the Pokemon Corner is the second most talked about topic in the Video Games section. Cool thing is, we are still the sixth most viewed topic. So that means that a good share of the people who view this also post something. That is pretty cool in my eyes. So, anyone want to shoot for the number 1 position with me?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
BTW, I would like to remind everyone to avert their attention quickly to the news section (Post #3 of this topic). If you look to the bottom, you will notice that we will be holding a Pokemon Corner event during the month of December.

More details will be given soon, but I will say that it is a Pokemon Fan Art contest.
gonna take a shot here... im guessing this is a drawing competition ? times like this i wish i could draw....

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nah, any kind of art (outside of doing an artistic nude, lol). Computer graphics, drawing, simple pixel art, whatever you can do.

Acetonide

Event Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nah, any kind of art (outside of doing an artistic nude, lol). Computer graphics, drawing, simple pixel art, whatever you can do.
Ah.. It's a shame I can't do anything I consider artistic in the least. x]]

But I had a quick question because of some of the previous comments..

I'm not crazy for going through and using only Pokeballs for a game since Ruby, am I? o.o;

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah.. It's a shame I can't do anything I consider artistic in the least. x]]

But I had a quick question because of some of the previous comments..

I'm not crazy for going through and using only Pokeballs for a game since Ruby, am I? o.o;
*applauds*

Really wish this contest was after Christmas lol. Hopefully getting a tablet then. Pen and paper will have to do!

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only pokeballs? Wow. I bow to you my friend. Dusk balls have been my best friends since they came out, lol.

And we may have more contests like this over time, so keep that tablet on hand.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright guys, the time has come. Our contest begins today!

PokeCorner Contest #1

Our first contest has to do with fan art. Fan art can take many forms and is something that almost every single person can do when they think outside the box. This isn't limited to the person who can draw or is fantastic with Photoshop, no. When you put your brain to work and think of different ways to express your fandom, then you can come up with many different kinds of fan art. So, what is the contest?

PokeCorner Contest #1 is a Fan Art competition. You make your art, you post it here, it gets judged. Very simple stuff really. For our first contest, I wanted to keep things simple. There will be a total of three winners all together, resulting in a first, second, and third place. Each place will get a prize according to their rank. Prizes will be revealed at a later date. On to our rules.

Rules

• Fan Art can NOT contain vulgarity and/or nudity.
  • Fan Art can be an edit of already made works, but you MUST have permission to use it and you MUST provide a link to the original sample.
  • Fan Art must be turned in before the due date/time. Submissions to come in after will not be judged at all.
  • Fan Art MUST follow normal forum rules.

So, you must be thinking to yourself... When is the due date for this contest?

December 31st, 2012. That is right, New Years Eve.

So, the information has been laid out and the clock has begun to tick. I know you guys can come up with some cool stuff. If you have any further questions, please ask me right away. I will be posting the prizes soon, so keep on the lookout for them. You all have yourselves a wonderful day now!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
o0o0o0o0o0o prizesssss...... i would make something up ( would probably be complete trash) but im too busy writing pokemon styled scripts and playing "Pokemon Volt White" if you dont know the game GOOGLE IT, FIND IT, GET IT, PLAY IT !! in that order ^_^

Its basically a hacked version of pokemon white, this version is pretty much the exact same regarding story line. The main difference is that its possible to catch all 649 pokemon... its difficulty setting has been upgraded as well to make for a more challenging gameplay style :)

So anyway... last night i beat the first gym, i had to fight little water dude as i chose "little fire pokemon" at the start ( cant remember his name but he is now "Pignite")

and i was like YES, Ok now i can go catch me a legendary pokemon... (Jirachi, he lives in the dreamyard in volt white with a 1% chance of finding him (in shaking grass))

so yea anyway... 4 and a bit hours i searched for jirachi beating down the Audino that would appear for exp and then... eventually...

JIRACHIIIIIII...

my lvl 28 pignite v a lvl 30 Jirachi...with rest/recover/psychic and something else (cant remember) EVERY single time i got his hp in the red he would rest, in turn putting himself to sleep, which would increase my capture chance... or so i thought...

32 Pokeballs , 10 Dive Balls, 3 Premier Balls and 11 Great Balls later... no Jirachi...

i almost cryed myself to sleep last night...

Moral of the story... DONT try catch legendary pokemon without the right pokeballs !! It may seem obvious but i spent 4 hours without even thinking a legendary would never fit in a pokeball....

:(

On a brighter note i reccommend volt white (OR Blaze Black) to all for a great pokemon game with all poke's available ^_^

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since the deadline is so late, I think I'll wait until I *hopefully* get my tablet.

On another note, Pokemon Showdown now has double battles. Thoughts? War stories?

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Double Battles... the bane of my existence.

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Double Battles... my specialty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duckstuff2008