hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't remember where, but I saw something online at the time of the trailer release saying that a representative was claiming that this generation would not have near as much new pokemon as 5th gen did, but if that claim was true or not is up for grabs.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well the game development is not yet finished you guys. So everything is still being worked on from pokemon to everything and since they going to release it worldwide instead of the usual distribution system method. This making it harder to develop the game without any grammar error and what not. Making communication between the developer and the localization team much harder to translate at the same time. Do you think you can translate a game while under developing. Everything need to be checked you know. And they only got 10 month to develop and translate in all language at the same time. So don't believed in the 50~ new pokemon until only 2-3 month left from releasing.

Edit: the name of the legendary pokemon is reviled here it is...

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope to hell its only 50. i wouldnt mind as much if i had already databased as much as pokemon has , but whatever i can keep working slowly and it will get there , also i updated my map name script for tons of new effects ( which was inspired by pokemon which is why i mention it) :p

Have you tested the new demo ?

^ This Probably isnt the place for this discussion, may seem like im trying to take the subject "off-topic" lol

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually havent had the chance quite yet, but I am looking at some free time later tonight. Hopefully then.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I haven't played any of the games since Ruby (I just couldn't get into that game) and lost interest in the series. But X and Y may have piqued my interest again.

MascotChu

Lord of Thunder
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I'm totally for X and Y. I'll be getting Y myself, and choosing Froakie.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well the game development is not yet finished you guys. So everything is still being worked on from pokemon to everything and since they going to release it worldwide instead of the usual distribution system method. This making it harder to develop the game without any grammar error and what not. Making communication between the developer and the localization team much harder to translate at the same time. Do you think you can translate a game while under developing. Everything need to be checked you know. And they only got 10 month to develop and translate in all language at the same time. So don't believed in the 50~ new pokemon until only 2-3 month left from releasing.

Edit: the name of the legendary pokemon is reviled here it is...
The game's actually probably only a few months away from being finished, if that, before they go into bugfixing and translating, the last steps. Remember, they actually started BW2 during the late stage development of BW, so a similar timeline would not stike me as odd with BW2 and XY. This would mean, given the standard dev times for Nintendo and the progress in the trailer, that it's actually pretty close to done. (I kinda thought Gen 5 was just a stepping stop for this anyway) I just REALLY hope they don't only add 50 pokes, because that would mean to me that they're just churning out games like some COD dev instead of putting time into it.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Truly, I hope that they do only 50 or so. Personally, I think they spend way too much time looking at possible new pokemon and not enough time actually looking in to how the game plays out. You mention that they pull a CoD, but that is what they have been doing already. They blind you with 150 new pokemon every generation and you don't completely see that nothing really has changed. For the most part, if you just switched over the graphics and took out the new pokemon, you would realize you have been playing the third generation games for quite a few years. They really took some huge steps between the second and third gen, but they haven't taken any steps forward like that since. I say screw the new pokemon, give us not just a more polished game, but a whole new look at pokemon. Really move the series forward. I am extremely happy that they are moving in to the 3D modeling for pokemon finally, and I am very excited to see what other things have been worked on. I was actually pretty disappointed when I got Black 2. I mean, it did fix some things from Black 1, but those are things that could have been in the first one, eliminating the need for a second game.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
NO NO NO.

HUGE STEPS have been taken between each generation. The gaps between the first three were the SMALLEST. Gen 4 introduced the second Physical/Special Split, completely altering the game play. Gen 5 introduced THE FIRST PLOT TO EVER EXIST IN A POKEMON GAME and then it introduced the second (the second was much worse though D:). You can't compare Black and White to their sequels because THEY ARE SEQUELS. They are NOT a different Generation. You can't expect them to change much. Think about Platinum. How much did that change from Diamond? None. It didn't change a thing. Don't even try to say that it did. People liked Platinum anyway. Now look at BW2. By all rights, NOTHING should have changed at all between BW and BW2. No one was expecting it too. But then EVERYTHING CHANGED. It was almost as good a sequel as we could of hoped for (Damn you obvious plot twist!).

Black and White added so much more to the table. Think how much the meta changed because they FINALLY added more abilities to the game. Think How great it was that Black and White were actually TWO different games instead of the ol' "Let's change the legendary and sell it for the same price!" THINK about how lists are always better with a third thing.

What did they do in between Gens II and III. They added double battles, something that was in the anime from the first season. What did they do in between Gen IV and V? They added triple battles rotation battles, a completely novel concept that NO ONE saw coming.

They have NOT pulled a CoD, at least not yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------

They have NOT pulled a CoD, at least not yet. Why?

A. The game has changed in every installment.

B. BW and BW2 weren't the next installment.

What do I mean by that? The 3DS had (1) just come out and it was (2) selling poorly, however the team wanted to make (3) a full 3D game because (4) who wouldn't. Meanwhile, they had (5) ideas that didn't require full 3D and (6) people who wanted new Pokemon and (7) still didn't have 3DS's. Therefore, Gen V was a STALLING generation, not a full generation, that managed to beat the odds and turn out amazing despite the limited time spent on it, similar to (8) Majora's Mask. Gen V was a steeping stone to full 3D, where they set up more concepts and better graphics for Gen VI to build off of.

...At least in my eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally some minor points.

I'll miss the classic pixelled sprites of old, however they were kinda terrible with Gen V's dynamic camera.

If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting I will never play another Pokemon game.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting I will never play another Pokemon game.
^ LOL

I highly doubt it, the trailer showed Fennekin using something that looks like Psyshock. Fire/ Psychic would be great (Ninetales should of got this typing ¬_¬) and frankly makes sense.

Fatalfugus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Out of the many different creatures we've been introduced to throughout the series, Abra and its evolutions will always be my favorites.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any ideas floating around as to how the new legends will fit in?

We have Arceus, he is the god of pokemon.

We have Mew who is kind of the first creation (lore wise) and who helped mold the future generations of animal beings (pokemon).

We have Dialga and Palkia who rule over space and time, while Giratina is their balance (or their check I guess).

We have Groudon and Kyogre who helped shape the planet, while their counterpart, Rayquaza, watches over the skies.

We have Zekrom and Reshiram who symbolize humanity and humanity's ambitions, while their check (Kyurem) symbolizes the darker, colder side of humanity (or at least, that is what I took from his character in my own mind).

Where do Xerneas and Yveltal fit in? To me, I am truly seeing a beginning and end, Alpha and Omega, creation and destruction. But that wouldnt make too much sense as Arceus is already the "Alpha" pokemon. What gets me though is how much Xerneas reminds me of Arceus. Look at him real quick.

His/her general shape is very similar to Arceus, minus his/her colors and the antlers. However, the antlers could be transferred to Arceus sort of if you reshape them into a semi-circle and place them around the stomach. Also, Arceus is often looked at as a "rainbow" pokemon, having the power to switch to any type in the game, and in the anime and manga sometimes even having the power of all the types at once (so, a rainbow). Xerneas clearly has some type of "rainbow" dealing power due to how they portrayed him/her in the trailer. The antlers are very colorful.

So what does that mean? Could Xerneas and Yveltal have something to do with Arceus and is Arceus finally getting some recognition past a small gamefreak event and a rather rushed straight-to-DVD movie? Maybe these two legends are Arceus' offspring in some way, but that still leaves me wondering what they represent.

I guess we just have to wait and see, but what do you guys think?

Jalen

The Green Goatee Gal
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm kind of thinking Sky God and Forest God, perhaps? Xerneas (if that is his real name!) looks so much like the forest god from Princess Mononoke that it can't be a coincidence!

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I kinda thought most of the lore involving legendaries overlapped a bit anyway. I honestly don't know what they'll do.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is where names are coming from.

http://serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

And btw, just a fun fact, I believe this is the first time that a generation has been released as a worldwide release instead of different dates for different regions.

tpasmall

The Mauve Avenger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, looks like my wife will be getting a 3DS for our next anniversary. She loves the pokemon games. She still plays Black on a semi-daily basis, which we got on the day it came out. I really like the card games but haven't really played the video games since blue. Though I did briefly play Emerald, I just don't like that you have to buy multiple versions of the same game, and have multiple systems, to get all the pokemon. It's annoying to me, but a great marketing strategy.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, I was on deviantart and I just had to share these with you guys. Someone already went and did 2D battle sprites for these guys...

Same person even did possible shiny sprites for the legends.

And I don't know about you guys, but I already have my starter picked out.

Apple

Doodlin' crap 'til I die
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I think the artist would appreciate it if you credit him and link back to his website rather than just posting his arts elsewhere.

I still stick with Xereas and Yveltal represent the possibility of pokemon fusion :D

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am now making custom GUIs for PokeMMO, if anyone plays it yet.

That is my thread I am doing it in. And for the record, PokeMMO is just fantastic.

Also, I could really use a GUI tester or two, so if anyone plays the game and would like to lend a hand, let me know.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KURAMAA0