hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not to make anyone mad or anything, but I VERY highly doubt the new one will be Normal type. I could be wrong, but I just doubt it. Now, while nobody seems to be thinking this (I am not sure why I am the only one who is) but some may recall that a nintendo employee supposedly (could be hoax, not sure yet) leaked a rumor that Gen 6 would be releasing the first new type since gen 2. If that is true, I can very well see the new Eeveelution being that type. I mean, think about it. Dark comes out, Umbreon is the Eeveelution to show it off. It would make sense they would make a new eeveelution to show off a new type. 

Now, I could be 110% off on this, but it just seems odd to me that a new type rumor spreads like wildfire and then suddenly they bring out a new eeveelution, mind you one that doesn't quite seem to fit into any other type (besides normal, but that is unlikely). Also note that they refuse to say what type it is. They won't even give us hints. I just feel things are pointing towards something much larger in scale than them making the mistake of making a normal typed eeveelution. 

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If its a fighting type that would be hilarious, but yeah I think it will be a new type since I think transferring pokemon from DP/ HGSS/ and BW won't happen in 6th gen kinda like how you couldn't transfer pokemon from G/S/C to R/S/E.

wildwes

Even in your forums, FOE!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've wondered this: they have a dark type. But  they don't have a light type. Maybe the eeveelution will be Light type?

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, some types that have been talked about (by the fan community only mind you, not official) are Light Type, Digital Type, Genetic/DNA Type, and so on. There have been countless speculations, but Light, Digital, and DNA types have been the most commonly talked about options. My problem is the fact that certain pokemon are going to be retyped once a new type is introduced, much like Magneton and Magnemite were when Steel came out. I can easily see Porygon leading the Digital type, and even see such pokemon as Eevee, Deoxys, and Mew/Mewtwo leading the Genetic/DNA type. With the light type, I can't think of too many existing pokemon that would match it too well, but I can easily foresee Xerneas leading the group of Light types simply because of the way his antlers glow different colors of the spectrum. Even Yveltal's underside glows brightly as if it was made of Neon. 

But, looking at these options, where would light typing fit into the type chart? I would think it would have significant power over dark typing, maybe even ghost types. That would place it into the special spectrum of the chart along with Psychic, Dark, Fighting, and Ghost. But if Light would check those other types, what types would check light?

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With the light type, I can't think of too many existing pokemon that would match it too well, but I can easily foresee Xerneas leading the group of Light types simply because of the way his antlers glow different colors of the spectrum. Even Yveltal's underside glows brightly as if it was made of Neon.
Suddenly, Light type somehow makes sense...

Maybe Grass and Fire Types are immune to light and super effective against light (Well, at least Grass)? Maybe even effective against Dragon and Water types as well? Holy light to lay waste to the legends and evaporate the water? (I'm grabbing at straws now -_-) Though your proposal on Digital Types sounds really insightful and make sense.

Apple

Doodlin' crap 'til I die
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
There won't be a light type :/ Dark type in Pokemon is not the Dark vs. Light like everyone thinks, as in Japanese the type is literally translated as the Evil/Bad type, a type that uses cheap tricks like surprise attack (faint atk), underhanded moves (sucker punch, beat up, fake tears, flatter, foul play, ...) or even stealing (snatch, thief, ..) So, yea, there won't be a Light type to match Dark type.

I doubt there would be a new type either, there hadn't been one since Gen II and they were introduced because Psychic was OP'ed in the first gen. The type chart now IMO is already balanced and I hope they don't screw them up by adding more.

Maybe it's just me, but Ninfia is like a pokemon version of Skyla, so I hope it will be a flying type. That way, since we get two eeveelutions every two generations, I hope we can get a Ground type Eeveelutions as well \o//

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Last edited by a moderator:

Apple

Doodlin' crap 'til I die
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Steel type IMO isn't OP'ed. Steel pokemon are often very slow, and honestly, except for when they are part Ground- or Fighting- type, most Steel pokemon aren't that stellar in offense either (they don't super effective against many types, and against both those type I rather use Ground or Fighting to cover) :/ In game I hardly use any Steel type, except for perhaps Excadrill (legendary aren't included, but again, I never use legendary, so)...

I think Steel's resistance is perfectly normal OvO I mean, of course Steel is neutral against Water, isn't it common sense? And Psychic is Mind, and steel machine cannot be mind-controlled, right?

LOL that Ninfia ... it made perfect sense it's a bit creepy XDDD

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...in Japanese the type is literally translated as the Evil/Bad type, a type that uses cheap tricks like surprise attack (faint atk), underhanded moves (sucker punch, beat up, fake tears, flatter, foul play, ...) or even stealing (snatch, thief, ..) So, yea, there won't be a Light type to match Dark type.
Well, Light tends to usually translate into good, which would create another argument for the light to combat dark.

And I am not thinking Nintendo would have any problem un-balancing the chart. I mean, they haven't been really the smartest game company around in quite a while. Sometimes I am pretty sure they are run by chimps. They don't really do things that would be good for their community, they do things to make themselves look innovative. Look at the internet capabilities in most of their games. Friend Codes are required to play with other people instead of hosting public servers like Playstation and Microsoft do for the PS3 and Xbox360. Then look at the Wii. They promised a revolutionary new console that would change gaming as we know it. Then they went and released maybe a single good game or two each year for the remainder of the console's lifespan. And then with Pokemon, they often hold sessions online where fans can say what they want to see in the next pokemon games, and then they go and put maybe one single suggestion actually in.

Sorry for my little rant, I am not too fond of Nintedo's business tactics. Never get me started on Capcom though... oh god.

Also, is it just me, or is steel type better for making existing pokemon better? Lol.

Pineco --> Forretress

Scyther --> Scizor

Onix --> Steelix

Apple

Doodlin' crap 'til I die
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
XD Good type? So what does it do? Convince other pokemon to end battle peacefully without resorting to violence? Heal opponent's pokemon HP and perhaps PP to save their trip to Poke centre? Yea, I don't think there will be a Light type ...

Steel type was created to make Fighting more desirable. Pineco aside (since it's not a pokemon introduced in the first genre before Steel was introduced), Scizor and Steelix can't be said to be better than its pre-evolved forms for sure. Many would claim that Scyther and Onyx are actually better because of Eviolite and because of some typings they resists (like Scyther vs. Ground or Fighting which are most common of all attack types~)

punram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Steel Pokémon always seemed well balanced to me. They've usually got a second type you can exploit too - usually ground - so that leaves other options to overpowering them.
Offensively it's a pretty lousy type too, so it makes sense for it to be so defensive. 

Anyways, I haven't posted here for a while, so I have to say I'm really excited for Gen 6. The starters are all really promising, but damn do I love the looks of Froakie. I hope his third evolution looks as fun as he does  :D

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay, I'm not the only one who wants to use Froakie!! He is so freaking cool and funny looking. Everyone gawks over Fennekin, but Froakie is where it is at man.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I guess I'm the only guy hoping to try out the grass type Chespin? Man that guy looks cool, I have a weakness for cute woodland mammals~<3

This is just a small speculation on my part but Chespin looks a little like some sort of knight, Froakie used Extremespeed and Night Slash in the trailer so he could turn out to be some sort of ninja frog (TMNT xD), as for Fennekin... It just looks like a fow with psychic powers, I can't exactly put it into a specific archetype... I guess it could be Spirit Medium...?

Something JUST hit me about Froakie! He may in fact be a thief and not a ninja! Look at the similarities!~

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I thought about this typing after the trailer came out and I am hoping my theory is correct.

Froakie does, in fact, look like some kind of ninja or thief. That would probably place him in a typing of Water/Dark. Fennekin is almost surely Fire/Psychic by the looks of his/her attacks in the trailer. Looking at those two, think of Chespin now. Chespin is rumored to be based after a medieval knight, with his little grass helmet (so freaking funny). With knight, that could be anything, but looking at the others having a possible dark and psychic influence, I would place my money of Chespin having a secondary type of fighting.

Fire --> Water --> Grass

Psychic <-- Dark <-- Fighting

See what is happening there? Reverse typing. I could be wrong, but that would be the first combination of its kind. BUT, this is just small speculation of the trailer. I am most likely 100 miles away from the truth here, but it sure would be cool as hell.

And, back to Ninfia, I noticed something today.

I am probably pulling at straws now, but anyone notice her ribbons are red, blue, and green? As in RGB Color Models? As in, combinations of light waves to create different colors?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model

Like I said, probably just overthinking this, but maybe another hint at a light type. And yes, I know a light type doesn't make sense in most ways, but the fans have called for a light type since dark came out back in gen 2. And we established that Nintendo doesn't really ever do things that makes sense anyways.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Right on the ball there with a few things Hyde, no doubt about the typing for Fennekin and Fraokie!~ Though I can't make a definite decision on Chespin, Fighting type does make sense, but so does Steel type (other forest/ woodland Pokemon with Steel type include Forestress and Ferrothorn). But the reverse typing does back up your theory.

Apple

Doodlin' crap 'til I die
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The Psychic - Dark - Fighting cycle had been widely established for quite awhile now ever since the trailer was released. Some was even hoping that the starters would be dual-type so none would really hold an edge over the other. But then official information that first stages are still monotype killed that hope ; v ;

Like I said, probably just overthinking this, but maybe another hint at a light type. And yes, I know a light type doesn't make sense in most ways, but the fans have called for a light type since dark came out back in gen 2. And we established that Nintendo doesn't really ever do things that makes sense anyways.
That theory actually does sound pretty cool. But I'd love it if you refrain from using sentences like "we established that Nin doesn't really do logical things" etc. I disagreed with your whole rant, but ignored it, so don't start a fan war :"D

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh no, I am not trying to start a fan war, sorry. I know a lot of people are die hard Nintendo fans. They just disappoint me in some of their decisions sometimes and they have left a bad taste in my mouth. I understand that doesn't go for everyone and I apologize if I offended you in any way.

And I must have looked over people talking about that. I knew I wasn't the first to have that theory, but I just didn't realize it was already spoken of publicly.

Now see, My Ninfia (unofficially called Ninfeon for English speaking regions, mind you unofficially)theory come from me thinking about it way too much, lol. And Apple, I do agree with you that a Light type may sound ridiculous. But, I think it is more possible than other new things. My main reason is that Game Freak has been leaning more towards good and evil pokemon stories instead of all pokemon are automatically good. Take the latest Keldeo movie. Keldeo and the three Sacred Swordsman may as well have been considered the beta-Light-Types due to how they act and their special ability in the games. A sort of "testing the waters" for Nintendo and Gamefreak to see if they would catch on, perhaps. My other reason is that so many people have cried out for a light type since gen 2 and Dark Type came out. While Nintendo doesn't do it horribly often, they do take heed to some ideas that arise over the years for pokemon. For instance, the new Medal Case and Join Avenue that showed up in Black and White 2 were both fan ideas. While we personally may not think Light Type is that creative or even needed, I can see them giving in finally and giving the fans their dream type.

Now, I am going to get speared and beaten for this idea, but this is something I want. If Light DOES become a type (in the small chance it does happen), some Legendary Pokemon should get a typing change and/or get a new form. Cresslia, change her to light. She is the opposite of Darkrai and even claims to be the "Brighter" side of the MoonLight. Come on, she screams light type. And it would finally allow her to actually check Darkrai, who I believe to be extremely overpowered when battles don't have the sleep clause (either way, Darkrai is and always will be my favorite pokemon). Then, Arceus. Don't give him another plate, don't change his normal type to light. I say give him a new form that is just strictly Light Type, and doesn't have the Multitype ability. Make his transform into something regal, like a king or a god would look like. I can't really think of any other Legends that would makes sense to get the light type, and really off the top of my head, I can't think of any normal pokemon either. Still think shiny pokemon should get some kind of benefit like boosted exp or slightly higher stats, but that is a topic for a different post.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heh, I never did know that the Medal Case and Join Avenue were fan ideas. And you seem ti make Light type make more sense xD I do agree about certain Pokemon being Light type. And although Nintendo does do some stupid things (One of which not allowing Mean Look to be Baton Passed nerfing Umbreon -_-) they're pretty much the only gaming company I can think that actually listen to their fans every now and again (Evil stare at Capcom), plus they do bring out pretty good ideas. The GBA to DS transfer introduced in 4th Gen and the Pokemon World Tournament in 5th Gen were were genius ideas! Now all I want is a Hoenn remake and I will be Oone happy fan boy! (Though I don't get why a lot if people didn't like Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald...)

Apple

Doodlin' crap 'til I die
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Hyde9318: I'm not a Nintendo diehard, I just don't like it that you rant with your personal preference (frankly, I disagree with them all), and then you treat it like absolute fact ("we established that Nintendo made bad decisions etc."), that's all.

AFAIK, people had been asking for a light type since Gen II because of the introduction of Dark type (which in Japanese is actually the Bad type, but people misunderstood it as Dark vs. Light thing). An actual Light type might be introduced, but I don't think it will be the Light/Holy/Good thing that people mistake is used to combat Darkness in Western RPG. The color theory you made on Ninfia actually made a lot of sense, and if there would be Light type then it will originate from that.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I agree with you really. I would much prefer light type actually deal with light, as in light waves, instead of a good and evil thing. Personally, I dont think nintendo should break away from their original idea... There are no evil pokemon. Yeah, some pokemon can be used for evil when in the wrong hands, and even some pokemon are mischievous, but there are no evil pokemon (just misunderstood ones). So with that idea, I would much rather them stay as far away from light being "good" as possible. If Light Type does come out, I want to see attacks based on light waves, or pokemon that can illuminate an area just by being there. Now that would be cool and make more sense than a 'good' pokemon.

Now, am I the only one wondering something about Ninfia? It seems Nintendo never releases Eeveelutions one at a time. They tend to do two usually. I kind of wonder if tricky nintendo has something up their sleeves... I wont lie. I hope Ninfia isnt the only one this time around. If anything, I would love to see either Poison, Dragon, or Ghost next, but I probably will be waiting a damn long time for those, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detulovnoc