Pokemon Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My favorite Pokemon is also Scyther! The first time I saw him in my friend's Red game Safari Zone as a wee lass, I knew I had to have him; alas, imagine my sorrow when my Blue version Safari Zone had not one single Scyther. Scizor's...ehh he's okay but Scyther's where it's at. I just wish he could fly, then he'd be totally perfect.
*high five*

I had Blue too, so yeah, no Scyther. I didn't know anyone else who played back then, so I couldn't trade either...But when I got Silver, DINOMANTIS was a staple on my team! ...I also would like to fly on Scyther. I was gonna say that NO Bugs can actually learn Fly...but I was wrong. Volcarona and Genesect can fly, despite neither being Flying types. Volcarona has wings at least, but how does Genesect fly!?

Anyway...I love Scyther, but I have other favorites too! Like...Lopunny, Darkrai, Giratina (Origin Forme especially), Leafeon, Infernape, Umbreon, Froslass, Exeggcute, Rampardos...to name a few. Like I said for 5th Gen, haven't been around them enough to form a proper appreciation for them, to decide my faves!

I, too, await more Eeveelutions!

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I need a Dark Gym to fight, right now!

And also I want a Dark/Ghost type with Wonder Guard ability that can learn Safeguard.

Anyways, my fave Pokemon are Dragonite and Swampert because Swampert can learn the weakness (Ice) of its only weakness (Grass) and Dragonite can beat most Pokemon. Even most, again most and not all, Ice types since Dragonite is also faster than them. And also:

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Probotector 200X, Genesect flys with with a jetpack, I presume, lol.

@Jeeneus, Give spiritomb the wonderguard ability, and watch him become indestructible, lol.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My favorite Pokemon has been Blaziken ever since Ruby/Sapphire came out (before it was cool to like Blaziken). I'm not really sure why I like it, it's just a really cool poke.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alot of people liked blaziken. I just never liked him that much though. In generation 3, my team always turned out the same by the end of the game, no matter how many times I played.

Swampert/Sceptile

Breloom (if I had Swampert)/Medicham (If I had Sceptile)

Grumpig

Salamence

Relicanth/Wailord

Metagross

punram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
N/A
My favourite pokémon would have to be Darmanitan. It never used to be, but it grew on me pretty fast!

Not only is it a daruma-inspired pokémon (lol guess what that's a reference to) but it's a pretty strong one too. In fact, I have one on my main team.

Can't really see the point in the Zen form thing, though. I'd say Sheer Force beats it just because it makes moves like Fire Punch really powerful.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I thought people liked Swampert more. No one really liked Blaziken until he got Speed Boost.

I used a Darmanitan on my White team. Its pretty cool.

Also are people going the whole hog on this competitive team thing? I really hope not.

EDIT:

Its pretty cool.
*It's.

Last edited by a moderator:

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that in the Pokemon Corner, we will only be battling for fun. Nothing real serious like they do with official tournaments. I dont want people spending countless hours coming up with perfect pokemon just to come here and compete.

However, I may start setting up tournaments and such once we start getting some regulars in here (complete with prizes!).

Jawnsunn

glass cannon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My favourite pokémon would have to be Darmanitan. It never used to be, but it grew on me pretty fast!

Not only is it a daruma-inspired pokémon (lol guess what that's a reference to) but it's a pretty strong one too. In fact, I have one on my main team.

Can't really see the point in the Zen form thing, though. I'd say Sheer Force beats it just because it makes moves like Fire Punch really powerful.
I believe in Zen Mode, Darmanitan defenses and special rises. It definitely destorys anything when used correctly with the right team(like a Shell Smash team).

If anybody really wants to get into the competitive scene, you might want to check out Smogon and play on Pokemon Online(an actual program, just so you know.)

I dont want people spending countless hours coming up with perfect pokemon just to come here and compete.
We still have this problem? Doesn't PokeGen and RNG Abuse exist? Because it's so easy nowadays.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm... That is a good point. And thank you for pointing that out to me. I have never seen PokeGen before.

I will try to counter it with rules for the tournaments. Hacked Pokemon will not be allowed and anyone caught using a hacked pokemon will be suspended from the tournament. Multiple attempts to use hacked pokemon will result in an automatic ban from all future tournaments as well.

That wont stop it completely, but hopefully it will help a little bit.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I will try to counter it with rules for the tournaments. Hacked Pokemon will not be allowed and anyone caught using a hacked pokemon will be suspended from the tournament. Multiple attempts to use hacked pokemon will result in an automatic ban from all future tournaments as well.
Good, I was worried about that too.These tournaments are gonna be really fun.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it would be impossible to get rid of EVERY hacked pokemon, but I will enforce that rule mercilessly. This would not be one of those "rules are meant to be broken" situations at all.

On a light note, I have my team ideas narrowed down to four different teams. Any opinions on which one I should begin working on?

Dragon Team:

Garchomp, Salamence, Dragonite, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Kingdra

Bug Team:

Scizor, Genesect, Heracross, Yanmega, Volcarona, Shedninja

Sandstorm Team:

Tyranitar, Aerodactyl, Excadrill, Mamoswine, Hippowdon, Heatran

Speedless Strength Team:

Regigigas, Slaking, Darmanitan, Rhyperior, Metagross, Togekiss

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think the last two teams have the best possibility of working (especially since you can take out half of the first team easily with a good ice-type. That Excadrill looks pretty scary right now. I doubt Shedinja is a good idea either, its mostly just a gimmick Pokemon.

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@hyde9318 if you were gonna go and use teirs and battle like that, your whole teams would have to be changed.

Dragon Team: you got a good team going on, but instead of haxorus get altaria, or flygon

Bug Team: No Genesect, swap that out for Foretress. and sandstorm will be your biggest weakness so beware okay?

Sandstorm Team: Grass will rape you, water will rape you, and ice will rape your team with hail. Don't rely on Sand Stream, get some smooth rocks. also roll with Onix or Steelix and boost their defense to godly hights, since Onix is fast and potentialy strong, work on that.

Speedless: EVERYONE MUST LEARN GYRO BALL!

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, Kaiser, I get the feeling you do this quite often. On that note, out of the four, which one do you think shows the most merit? That is of course, once I changed them up a slight bit.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Kaiser actually said what I would've said if I'd had the patience at the time. While it's not impossible to work with a themed team, they take a lot of planning to build well and they have a bit more of a learning curve. I'm going for a balanced, semi-standard competitive team myself, (minus the IV breeding and EV training lol).

Just curious, how did you expect to get a Genesect?

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually got one at a tournament a month ago. Didnt compete, but I went just for the atmosphere. Competitors who got to the semi-finals got a Genesect exclusive as celebration for B&W2 coming out soon. However, a bunch of the people who got them didnt want them as they wouldnt fit into their teams very well, so they traded them off to other people for pokemon that would fit them better. I grabbed one as quick as I could because I didnt know when my next shot would be.

And dont worry, my theme team will get alot of work put into it. And I am already a bit experience in competitive battling, I am just nowhere near as experinced as alot of the real good ones.

However, I think that if we do tournaments, we could have different kinds of tournaments. For instance, we could have themes per tourny.

Themed Team Tourny (your team must have a theme)

Normal Tourny Lv50

Normal Tourny Lv100

Normal Tourny Lv100 [Legends Allowed]

Basic Pokemon Tourny (No evolutions allowed)

Evolved Tourny (No basics allowed)

Etc

I think that if we held different kinds, it would allow for a wider range of people to come in and play.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's true. I assume theres a fixed battle option so we don't have to train our pokes up to 100?

EDIT: Bumming around on smogon for the first time since fourth gen. Waaaaaaaaay too much has changed.

EDIT 2: My team turned itself into a sandstorm team without telling me. I do not approve of this.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This all makes me wish that they would just do a damn pokemon stadium 3. Or pokemon snap 2 for that matter. Or a 3D actual pokemon game on a console. Imagine, walking around a continent, going through the tall grass in first person, fighting a pokemon right there in front of you, doing everything you do in the handheld games. I would be in heaven. I could even hope that that would be how they would remake generation 3 (seeing as I am sure they will soon). Would love to see Hoenn in first person.

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I actually sent some e-mails in to the pokemon company, and game freak to see if even for a side project for Pokemon Stadium 3 for the 3DS or the next Orre game for the Wii-U for future release...I don't think they don't respond back ;_; . And yes I do the team thing, because I hate seeing times that have the possibility of being totally wrecked by one pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daiomed