my favourate is easily Charizard ^_^ cause he is pro

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Half of my current team as of now are all Eeveelutions. :lol:

Better find some Ground types available in Gen IV because I don't have BW yet.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really need to stop working on my team lol, its taking me too much time. I just tested my team out in OU on the Showdown! simulator. I won, but I'm still thinking somethings not right.

I think I have a weakness to dark, as strange as that is for a sandstorm team.

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hate teirs. I like getting pokemon that work for me and on a team. Ironic to me my weakness is ground even though ground types are my powerhouses.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't like tiers and the fact the Blaziken is Uber, but it helps me sort out my Pokemon, and its the way the battle simulator I use for testing teams organizes trainers.

Jawnsunn

glass cannon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tiers are for balancing guys. Only Speed Boost Blaziken got banned to Ubers.

If we didn't have tiers, the competitive scene would suck because people would keep using the same abusive Pokemon.

Most of everybody's favorite/well desgined Pokemon are on the UU tier.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I am going to recruit two helpers. These will be to help me set up tournaments and Pokemon Corner events. As well, pokemon corner is now going to span two sites. We will now be including RMP as part of the Pokemon Corner. So, with an expansion and the possibility of events, I could use help.

If you would like to apply, pm me. I want to know your experience with pokemon, how much you know about the franchise and pokemon in general, and how much you are willing to contribute. Also, I would prefer (and I will be favoring) people with good experience in competitive battling or knowledge of the competitive scene as a whole. This doesnt mean I will strictly pick these people, but they do have a better chance.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll shoot you a pm about that in the morning, bit too tired to type a lot right now.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
On the subject of Genesect, if you aren't keeping up...it will be available in Black 2 and White 2, for about a month after initial release. It doesn't seem like you can get it for Black and White, which is totally bogus! You can get one in Black 2 or White 2 and send it to Black or White, but that's not the same thing at all.

And...before Genesect is available and Black 2 and White 2 come out, Keldeo is available! Yup, more "trolling"...making Keldeo available just until Black 2 and White 2 comes out, so you can't get it in Black 2 or White 2 without first getting it in Black or White, even though it's alternate forme is only available in Black 2 and White 2. It's, a bit of a pain, really. Sure, it's free, but...they could make this a little nicer. Oh well.

(That's for US stuff, the dates and stuff are probably different in different countries)

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Should I keep my team a secret for the sake of strategy, or should I post it here for you guys to critique?

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Post it. No team is godly perfect, my team isn't perfect, no ones is. The national championship teams can be easily destroyed( I defeated someone who had the same pokemon, same strategy, same everything)

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For some reason I read "Post it" as "Yo pops." lol

My team is using pretty standard movesets at the moment, I plan on adjusting them once I do more testing.

Ferroseed, Shed Shell, Iron Barbs

Spikes

Stealth Rock

Leech Seed

Power Whip

Hippowdon, Muscle Band, Sand Stream

Earthquake

Ice Fang

Slack Off

Whirlwind

Reuniclus, Life Orb, Magic Guard

Calm Mind

Psychic

Focus Blast

Recover

Stoutland, Choice Band, Sand Rush

Return

Wild Charge

Pursuit

Superpower

Vaporeon, Leftovers, Water Absorb

Wish

Protect

Scald

Roar

Infernape, Choice Scarf, Blaze

Close Combat

Fire Blast

U-Turn

Stone Edge

I really like the way this turned out to be semi-balanced despite being a Sandstorm Team. I've one about 75% of the matches I've tried with it, gonna keep testing it.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool team. I like it.

And btw guys, I have my two helpers already.

Our Pokemon Corner official Administration team is now:

Myself

KaiserKami

Seeaka

Welcome to the team guys. I am sure we will work just fine together.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I figured I'd keep this thread moving with some general Pokemon questions. What shiny Poke's have you caught? Have you ever gotten Pokerus? Which game is your favorite?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured I'd keep this thread moving with some general Pokemon questions. What shiny Poke's have you caught? Have you ever gotten Pokerus? Which game is your favorite?
I caught a shiny Poochyena. The only shiny I've ever caught. It was such a useless shiny but it was shiny and mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's better than me. I've only ever caught the Red Gyarados. I do remember one time that I saw a shiny Quagsire and accidentally OHKO'd it. I was so sad. D:

Jawnsunn

glass cannon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I caught a shiny Pikachu, Shinx, and Machoke, but they weren't really capable teammates, since I was running a Nuzlocke on my Platinum.

May I ask why shiny pokemon are so loved? I mean it's great that you got something that comes every 1/68th of an encounter, but having a Pokemon that's just a different color doesn't feel very rewarding, nor does it make me feel great. I rather get better stat values on my Pokemon anyway. Just my opinion, that's all.

Gold Magikarps are cool though, Frick the haters.

Jalen

The Green Goatee Gal
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I caught a shiny Psyduck in the Diamond Safari Zone. I nearly **** bricks when I saw it, but thankfully I managed to snag it! I then traded it for a shiny Starly, because shiny Golduck is ugly as hell. >: Shiny Staraptor, on the other hand, is badass <3

Over the course of my Pokemon career, I've had a shiny Togepi (lol the Togepi that hatches from the egg you get in Gold/Silver was shiny for me), shiny Smoochum (that other egg that you get in Gold/Silver, no joke), shiny Raltz (it was a boy, and it was modest, so...well now he's a pretty shiny Gardevoir), shiny Zubat, shiny Doduo, and shiny Eevee. I still haven't touched that Eevee. I know I wanna make him an Umbreon (he has a good nature for it), but he feels too precious to touch, haha.

I've also seen a shiny Meowth on Gold/Silver, but I was young and naive back then and didn't obsessively carry over 100 Pokeballs with me at all times, so I had nothing to catch it with. I ran away from it because I felt too bad murdering it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Jawnsunn First, try 1/8192 of encounters.

Second, stats have had nothing to do with shinyness since Gen II.

Nitpicking aside though, it really is kind of irrational to care about a shiny Pokemon, but at the same time, they're just cool. :D

@Jalen So many shinys :D . It's really cool that you caught that shiny in a Safari Zone, I can't even catch common Pokemon there.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
shiny Raltz (it was a boy, and it was modest, so...well now he's a pretty shiny Gardevoir)
JEALOUS. I've always wanted a shiny Raltz because the shiny color on the Gardevoir is so pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?
You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schico