Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My first shiny was of course the red garyados. Then my next shiny was a shiny Geodude. I caught that sucker with a poke ball, and I was so proud that day. The next shiny I'm ashamed of...I was wandering safari zone minding my own business, and I run across a shiny quagsire. Of course I didn't see or hear the sparkles because I looked away a bit, and just ran away, but I always remembered the color...glitch maybe? I ran across another quagsire about 5 minutes later. It was darker. I figured out that I ran from a shiny. And still to this day I dedicate time to find that shiny again. Although I am proud of my shiny Mawlie. One of my favorite 3rd gen pokemon and it has such a pretty color.

Last edited by a moderator:

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It may just be me, but I actually have found quite a few of them.

Dratini (Soul Silver)

Lillipup (Black)(Found it about 2 hours ago while training my Drillbur)(Too bad I cant stand Lillipup)

Houndor (Soul Silver)

Psyduck (Gold)

Drilbur (White)(Now that I am training one, I wish I would have caught it)

Drowzee (Heart Gold)

Munna (White)

Magikarp (Platinum)

Magikarp (Soul Silver)

Entei (Soul Silver)(Still got this bad boy, lol)

And btw guys, I finally figured my team out, lol. Working on it right now. Also planning the first event for the corner.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying to remember now, the ones I can think of were Magikarp, Bidoof and Ralts.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I figured I'd keep this thread moving with some general Pokemon questions. What shiny Poke's have you caught? Have you ever gotten Pokerus? Which game is your favorite?
I've never caught any Shiny Pokémon, after all this time. Not even the Red Gyarados in Silver...I didn't think you could catch it, because it was "special". This was after trying to catch the Marowak you fight in Lavender Town's Tower in Blue, and it didn't work...so I didn't bother trying to catch Red Gyarados. Once I get around to SoulSilver, I'm going to catch it!!

I do have 3 Shiny Legendary Beasts though: Raikou, Suicune, and Entei. It was from an Event, Gamestop/WiFi, for 4th Gen games. I also sent over that shiny Raikou to Black, to do the Zoroark event!

So, I've never even seen a wild shiny Pokémon...

But I did get the Pokérus in Platinum! That was awesome! Since it's contagious, I plan to spread it over to my SoulSilver, and eventually Black, and even later Black 2! I was even nice and put a Pokémon with the Pokérus in the Global Link, to share it with a lucky trader.

Apple

Doodlin' crap 'til I die
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
All of my shinies had been in the 3rd genre. The first I saw was a shiny Duskull, which at the time I thought it was just a simple sprite anomaly so I killed it.

Then the second one I had was a shiny Butterfree, I'd use it except I already had a level 70+ Butterfree in the same game. It was my Fire Red Nuzlocke run. I caught a shiny Fearow shortly after.

And recently, I got another shiny Zubat in Emerald. I had mixed feeling about it because I got it only a bit after losing my starter pokemon (my poor Combusken, and she was one fight away from evolution, too). But just little after catching that Zubat, I lost another pokemon of my team, and as any proud Nuzlocker does in the situation, I ragequitted and the shiny Zubat was never saved into the gamefile :<

I had really terrible luck with Emerald >v<

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
You're talking about shinies?

Aside from the easy-to-caught shinies like Gyarados (GSC and HGSS), Dratini, Gible, and Haxorus (BW2), I caught a shiny Seaking in Fire Red Safari Zone, Fearow somewhere in One Island TWICE and a shiny Ratatta in Crystal but I failed to catch it and ran out of balls.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, my team is not ready for any hardcore battling, and wont be for a while, but I am ready to throw my friend code up finally.

Friend Code Pokemon Black Version: 2366-3182-5875

Trainer Name: Logan

Also, made a logo for my team that I am working on. The team itself is nothing horribly special, and it certainly wont be some amazing team, but I get bored and I like to make logos for different things, so I threw one together for my team.

For the record, if you have a specific team and you would like your own logo for your team as well, let me know. I do these just for fun and I would be more than happy to make one for your team if you want. Just give me an idea of how you want the logo to look, what your team name is, and if you want any pokemon in the logo itself.

Also, I am currently thinking we should have a basic event at the end of this month to celebrate the release of B&W2, which is the beginning of next month. Anyone else think that would be cool?

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think it's a good idea.

Des

timefantasy.net
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
N/A
this is a good thread guys. :wub:

i miss the competitve pokemon scene

Zeramae

It's okay by me
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I miss it as well, and sold my pokemon game a couple years ago.

If you ever use a program like Pokemon Online to host tournaments, then I'd definitely join in the thread discussion and all that.

My favorite Pokemon (and my old team) are all NU based on Smogon xD It would be fun to bring the team out of retirement, but I wouldn't be able to join in unless it's done using an online program similar to the one I just listed. Just something to keep in mind if you really want a big turn-out.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh good lord, I havent thought about Pokemon Online. Thank you so much.

Ok, update for everyone. We will now be supporting Pokemon Online. By doing this, we open up the Pokemon Corner to everyone, not just people with the latest handheld games or console games.

i will be updating the thread a bit to have details on Pokemon Online, as well as a download link for anyone who needs it. On top of that, we will also possibly have PO tournaments as well.

@Amanda, thank you for the compliment.

Seeaka

In limbo; bad at it
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*psst* I have been looking into getting a Pokemon Showdown (The current battle simulator) server set up, but I'm not quite sure of all the details yet, so please don't keep your hopes up for the moment.

EDIT: Or hyde can also post about Pokemon online, too. That's okay, but it is becoming outdated, I've heard. I'll keep up the research, I guess.

IFAILATSPELLING

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You get it up, let me know.

And PO will work fine for now. It is getting outdated, but it works for what we are doing at the moment.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
all the online pokemon games i ever tryed have been MEGAFAIL, if theres a "half" decent one that would be nice, also i recommend "Blaze Black" and/or Volt White to anyone who enjoyed the origional black/white versions, they are basically LEGAL hacks made by fans, and they enable ALL pokemon to be caught in the wild or via event's , i myself got about 360ish before i gave up , NO CHEATS , i guess that doesnt really count though as the whole game is a hack, e.g a cheat lol , either way its a very fun VERY HARD "re-mix" of the origioan black and white games, and should be tryed by everyone who liked them, if you just google it you shold find links/information about them easily enough

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
they are basically LEGAL hacks made by fans
Under what logic are you working out that they are legal.

Downloading ROMs is illegal, even if you own a copy of the game yourself. There is a grey area around making a copy to your PC from your own copy, but almost no one does that.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yes if you download the complete pokemon black nds rom, that is illegal no denying it, but

downloading the "add-ons" made by fans to enchance games is as far as i know very legal as your not acctually giving away the nds rom itself, only the changed files that you done :) i researched the topic to make sure before i replyed, however i do accept that its quite a "grey" area so if you rather i not mention them in this thread/forum again i understand ^_^

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, ROMs in general are a grey area. Are they legal, are they illegal... My real point being that near everyone here has, at some point in their lives, owned an illegal ROM or a hack, or even an ISO. We really can't deny it. Personally, I have used ROMs in the past to check out a game a bit before I go and buy it. Playing Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 before I dished out the cash made me run to the store, pick up the game, pick up the strategy guide, and ultimately ended up buying a 3DS to play the games better. I dont look at ROMs as illegal games. I look at them as restricted demos. Why restricted? Because some games dont run at full speed, they are usually very buggy, and you must play them on your computer. IT gives me incentive to buy the games I like normally so that I can play them how they were meant to be played.

I understand that some people see it differently than I do, but that is how I feel about ROMs. And the subject of Modding or Hacking is something I have strong feelings about. Not everyone wants their game Modded or Hacked, but I think that it is a good thing when the idea is embraced. Look at Bethesda. They make modding tools for their own games. Lord, New Vegas got a tool that was almost as easy to use as RPG Maker, in terms of making new content. Sure it took a while to make maps, but hell... we couldn't have asked for a better tool for the situation. Then you have my "ever so favorite" game company (sarcasm) Square Enix, who likes to pass out Cease and Desist orders like candy on Halloween ("Here you go kids, make sure everyone gets one now!). I mean, how power and money hungry can a company actually get? I personally am all up for fan created content. I think it makes a game grow overall.

On this same subject, but with pokemon now. Pokemon has created this amazing universe, but we have never really gotten a chance to play other roles in it other than the kid who wants to get 8 badges and be the champion (Why is it when you get the badges, nobody refers to you as the champion? Ever. They still refer to the old champion). Allowing people to mod a pokemon game allows them to view the universe through their own eyes. I think it is a great thing. I have seen such a wide range of mods, ranging from simple changes to where wild pokemon are, all the way to a complete Zombie Apocalypse conversion (you dont know fear til you stare down a zombie Salamence). And one argument I hear alot is "You just hacked a game, you didnt make a game of your own". Stop that. Stop it right now. It is every bit as difficult (sometimes even more) to completely convert a already made game into something else as it would be to make your own game. With your own game, you are given the chance to know how everything works and where everything is. With a hack, you must learn the preexisting game inside and out, and then know how to change it to work differently. I used to mod games, I know how hard major modding can be.

Anyways, sorry for that little rant there at the end. Back to the topic. I have a question for Touchfuzzy. Is this conversation even allowed? I know ROMs are really allowed here, so I dont want to let this topic go on if we would be able to get in trouble.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not going to crack down on it. A discussion of a mod is a discussion of the mod, and not really a discussion of obtaining ROMs which, would not be allowed.

I just am not sure on the claim of it being legal, as IP laws and all that jazz are super complicated.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I dont think they are legal.

However, I did hear somewhere that it is not illegal to acquire them, it is illegal to make and distribute them. Whether or not that is true or not, I dont know.

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I noticed Black at my local Sam's Club pretty cheap. Is that one of the series worth getting?

I've only really played the first ones (red, blue, yellow), so don't know anything about what's come after that. Come to think of it I don't think I've even seen any episodes (well, maybe a few) after Ash's first world tournament (or whatever it was called). I still keep my gameboy color around because I have some original gameboy games I'm not willing to part with (Final Fantasy Legend series and a few others).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakshitkaneki