RMXP Pokemon Dream: The Nightmare

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by SombraCakes, Jun 23, 2018.

1. SombraCakes

SombraCakes Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Pokemon Dream: The Nightmare
    (Looking for members)​

(You are required at least 2 of the following. You can delete some sections. You can also rename these.)
    SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
    • Do any gym in any order!
    • Difficult
    • New Pokemon
    • New Mega Evolutions
    • Dialogue Option

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
    • You
      A trainer who came from Johto and arrives at Allira not only to fight and become the best in the region, but to visit his sister... Olivia.
    • Olivia
      A trainer who battles with a purpose, you'll see her from time to time. She helps you battle the evil team and gives you motivation throughout the journey. Trust me, you're going to need the motivation.
    • Professor Polira
      A tough professor who doesn't believe you have what it takes in this world, but you have to prove him wrong. Don't give in... motivation.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
    • I'm going to avoid complete detail to avoid spoilers... But you travel to a new region because your sister wanted you to visit! As you arrive and begin your journey into the world of Allira you notice the evil job of Team Nightmare as they collect crystals to summon Darkrai. Someone has to stop them! You let your sister know about the evil doings and you and sister help stop the crime of Team Nightmare... but is that all?

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
    • There are four temples throughout the mountainous land of Allira (all of them in concept but they are) Fire, Air, Water, and Ground. They all hold a pokemon that guards the crystal of evil do-er's... but will that be enough? There are also day and night cycles.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

And now you understand the story, I would like some help with the project, we do have some people, but musicians / pixel artists / mappers would be nice.

Thanks for reading!
    - Amanda

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Rehjul and Canini like this.
  2. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I am unfortunately busy with my own project atm, but I wish you luck. I really like that you can do the gyms in any order (last official game I played was black/white and you get railroaded HARD in that game) and that the professor character is not immediately supporting, and you have to prove yourself to them. Seems like a fresh take!

Rehjul likes this.
  3. Mihe

Mihe Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What separates this from any other pokemon fan game I've played before? Are there new game mechanics? Mini games? New concepts? New pokemon and new story means nothing if it is the same concept and gameplay as all of the rest of the games. Even the official games are getting more creative now (sun and moon, ultra sun and ultra moon) so what does this one have to offer that would make me want to play it?