GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey I'm a Pokemon-Fan too. At some point in the future, I want to make a game inspired by Pokemon. Unfortunately I can't write Plugins, but I'm an expert in RPG Maker (MV) with Events, Switches and Variables. These 3 little things can do a lot, if you know how. I am currently testing the limitations of RPG maker - what is possible? What not? :kaojoy:

It's hard and time consuming, but I can do a little test project.

Problem: It may not be compatible with your project. If I should do it, then let me know! If you like it, I would only need the project to pack in and edit the events. I try my best to keep it simple for you.

Or like this for "DO IT!" :)

PS: Sorry for my english. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Forgot to ask... If I should do it, what features are needed or what do you want to have?

Last edited:

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rishi Raj Jain
No I don't have any coding experience
Except for RPG Maker MV Though I would help in Any Thing else As Playtesting or Fact checking I am a huge pokemon fan
After all if you need help with coding ask around the forum I am sure there are people out there who are looking for work and pokemon fans looking for a way to make a fan game.
Apply for QA Tester Position on the following thread:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ssentials-mv-for-mv-pokemon-developers.85901/

What are you hoping to have the grid size at? I know the original Pokemon Essentials seemed to match with the older games, but with Sun/Moon being more 3D and MV being bigger tiles, what's the plan with that?
The Default as for the Tileset will be 48X48, but Character will be different heights as we are trying to make Pokemons according to Pokedex height data.
https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/stats/height-weight

Hey I'm a Pokemon-Fan too. At some point in the future, I want to make a game inspired by Pokemon. Unfortunately I can't write Plugins, but I'm an expert in RPG Maker (MV) with Events, Switches and Variables. These 3 little things can do a lot, if you know how. I am currently testing the limitations of RPG maker - what is possible? What not? :kaojoy:

It's hard and time consuming, but I can do a little test project.

Problem: It may not be compatible with your project. If I should do it, then let me know! If you like it, I would only need the project to pack in and edit the events. I try my best to keep it simple for you.

Or like this for "DO IT!" :)

PS: Sorry for my english. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Forgot to ask... If I should do it, what features are needed or what do you want to have?
No issues we can get use of your expertise, whereas this is not the correct place please visit the Join Us section in the thread or first link in this Post.

Last edited:

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As we Got the most vote for a Pokemon Styled Battle system, we are on full throttle to complete that ASAP.
Unbenannt.PNG

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Something I would love to see is the ability to just add our own Pokémon instead of using actual Pokémon or already established Fakemons.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JtheDuelist
Ofcourse you can, we are just making the Project as much self sufficient as we can for both Non-Programmers and Non-Artist.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JtheDuelist, thanks but we are already in touch with @SumRndmDde and using his plugins, we would love if he would have actively supporting the Project, but he is not making any more Pokemon Plugins, as of now.
But I won't blame him, as he is already very busy. He might give us a helping hand in future, if he thinks the Project is growing popular enough.

You can help us by directly with your Artwork or Programming skills, if you have any or by sharing the Project.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
You can help us by directly with your Artwork or Programming skills, if you have any or by sharing the Project.
Well, I have a few rough sketches and data for a Fakemon I had buried away for several years. Once I can recreate them on my PC, where should I get them to you- this post or a PM? Also, all Fakemon get proper credit, right?

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JtheDuelist No, this Project don't Focus on Fakemons at least as of now, as it is a Pokemon Essentials kind of thing.
Whereas I can link your Overworld Sprites (with Proper License), when I Upload my Project, maybe some Fangame maker might be interested in using them.

Whereas your Overworld Sprite should be Realsize, not Chibi (Gameboy style). See the Main thread for reference image.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Rishi Raj Jain Then I can't really contribute anything in particular- I can't code to save my life, and I suck at pixel art. But I'll be supporting this from the sidelines, though.

I mean, I could playtest, but that is about it.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Our new friend @GamesOfShadows is making the Berry System, through eventing, and I'm working on the Tree graphics. Now it feels something like a Pokemon game.

Next will be the Fishing system.

Klaholz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you still working on it ?
Do you know when we can download it ?

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Klaholz yes we are still working on it. But, it's taking longer then I expected.
But it won't be very long for the 1st release as we have 14 members (3 inactive), in the Team, as compared to the beginning of the Project when I started alone.

Join our Discord server for daily Updates.

Just Yeas

SuperNoob
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
no coder has volunteered yet, i see... without plugins... this wont be possible

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Just Yeas Who said we don't have Coders on Board. Check the team on this link.

@JtheDuelist Thanks for the compliment, tell me if you need any help. And would be happy if you like to release it under Monster Maker name.
Eg: Monster Maker : Flame Emblem

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ringoman