Pokemon inspired game

tracyaat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi folks,

I really hope this is the correct forum to post this question. I see that humble bundle is running a deal on rpg maker for another day or so. This has been on and off my radar for a while now. I'm thinking about trying to make a pokemon inspired game, I have no interest to steal their IP, just something small that I can work with my son on. Are any of the rpg makers on humble a good choice for this?

Thank you :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not unless you know coding, or can get very cute with events. It will not be easy if you've never made a game before.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are any of the rpg makers on humble a good choice for this?
all and none

for all RMs, transforming them into a pokemon-like game will require a lot work. That work is doable, but unfortunately the only package that ever made it to completion contained rips and has been removed from the internet by a massive number of C&Ds from the IP Holder.

I suggest you download the trials from this site to check if you think you can do this or not before purchasing the bundle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And my first batch of gobbo battlers is up *yay* (images should show now as they first didnt - Just my luck lol)
I've released the game I've been working on for the past 7 years, and wrote a postmortem detailing the struggles of developing a game alone. Check it out! https://meiri.itch.io/apple-pie/devlog/160774/apple-pie-a-postmortem
Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD
I know it's such a small thing, but I love when games let you interact with everything. Like pressing A on some papers on the floor pops up dialogue, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ba_hq