Pokemon inspired game

tracyaat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi folks,

I really hope this is the correct forum to post this question. I see that humble bundle is running a deal on rpg maker for another day or so. This has been on and off my radar for a while now. I'm thinking about trying to make a pokemon inspired game, I have no interest to steal their IP, just something small that I can work with my son on. Are any of the rpg makers on humble a good choice for this?

Thank you :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not unless you know coding, or can get very cute with events. It will not be easy if you've never made a game before.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are any of the rpg makers on humble a good choice for this?
all and none

for all RMs, transforming them into a pokemon-like game will require a lot work. That work is doable, but unfortunately the only package that ever made it to completion contained rips and has been removed from the internet by a massive number of C&Ds from the IP Holder.

I suggest you download the trials from this site to check if you think you can do this or not before purchasing the bundle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.
The project I am working on is going great at the moment. I'm hoping everyone is having as successful a time as I am. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xephiers