FREE Pokémon-like monster catching game set in Zelda-like world

MonsterCatcher

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Set in a medieval fantasy world, players will explore wild areas and dungeons, catching enemy monsters and adding them to their team to use in and out of battle, trade items and monsters with other characters to build friendships, and solve puzzles. There’s the main town, plus five small wild areas with their own theme and Zelda-like dungeon, where monsters can actually be utilized outside of battle.

I made some games many years ago, but I don’t have the time to learn how to program something like that anymore. To give you an idea of how long ago this was, the games were stored on floppy discs. What I have in mind is far more complicated than the platformers I used to make anyway. My involvement would be in designing characters and the world and maybe some minimal coding, or at least finding some that’s already been made, such as this: http://sumrndm.site/category/plugins/pokemon-plugins/

Things like that, which have already been done, will be very helpful.

Engine: RPG Maker MV, unless you have a better suggestion.

I see a lot of unfinished monster catching games on the Internet that aspiring video game designers are working on as their pet projects. Mine differs from all the other ones I’ve seen in a handful of ways. I need a programmer who knows how to make these things possible in the game:

-turn based battles with four characters on the player’s team, including their human character and three monsters. I also want the attacks to look cool, so it’s not just the characters shaking a little when they’re attacked or attacking.
-breeding monsters to make hybrids. There are 100 total monsters including both pure breeds and hybrids.
-puzzles (like Zelda dungeons)
-mini games such as fishing and monster racing
-using monsters outside of battle for flying, climbing and swimming
The town area is like Stardew Valley:
-farming mechanism, which can be taught to specific monsters or the character’s spouse.
-friendship levels with NPC’s around the village, which can be raised by doing side quests and trading items and monsters.

Pre-existing plug-ins are fine to use.

If you’re good at sprite design, that would be a bonus, but not a necessity. What I will say is that every monster should be “cool” looking, like Blue Eyes White Dragon or something comparable — unlike Pokémon, there will not be any “cute” monsters. They’re MONSTERS. I’ll design them myself if I have time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!
My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Botch