Home

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi,

I know there are plugins for older engines, however are there Pokémon plugins for MZ? I don't care for art assets, but something that gives the system for it, like catching creatures, using balls, having the main character not take part in the battles but only your creatures and only one of it and so on.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't think there are any, as MZ is more or less still new, but many plugins of MV work in MZ. You could try to search for Pokemon-like plugins for MV and try luck to see you can use them in MZ.

If not, you could try to ask for them in the forum:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/js-plugin-requests.136/

Last option could be eventing, but that will require a lot of work, patience and creativity, and even then it couldn't end like what you want.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know there are plugins for older engines,
no - and if you had checked recently you'll have seen that the old package is gone almost everywhere because it has been taken down by the IP Holder.
One person tried to get a "monster capture" system together for MV a few years ago, but that got nowhere. It is simply too much work for one person alone and too many others are not willing to work for something that is guaranteed to be taken down if they got too close to the original.
Because IP is not only about art assets, it is also about mechanics that are too close to the originals.

You would only have a chance if you set something together that has distinct differences from Pokemon, and that would lose the interest of that group of gamers.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Home

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
no - and if you had checked recently you'll have seen that the old package is gone almost everywhere because it has been taken down by the IP Holder.
One person tried to get a "monster capture" system together for MV a few years ago, but that got nowhere. It is simply too much work for one person alone and too many others are not willing to work for something that is guaranteed to be taken down if they got too close to the original.
Because IP is not only about art assets, it is also about mechanics that are too close to the originals.

You would only have a chance if you set something together that has distinct differences from Pokemon, and that would lose the interest of that group of gamers.
Well I don't need an exact Pokémon copy, what I need is a base that works like a monster tame game, which Pokémon is, like many other games too.

I'm a bit disappointed there is no real solution to this though, because I thought the whole idea behind RPG Maker was to make it easy to build classic RPGs without any programming or scripting knowledge.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you don't want a copy of pokemon, a lot of its functions can be evented and for the rest, there are plugins (in case of MV, the MZ is too new to have everything ready yet).
you only have to make the events and skills and structures yourself, there is no prefabricated variant around.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Pokémon plugins for MZ? I don't care for art assets, but something that gives the system for it, like catching creatures, using balls, having the main character not take part in the battles but only your creatures and only one of it and so on.
Been working on it... shouldn't be much longer now... will "release" a lil demo/plugins hopefully soon. :cutesmile:

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I know there are plugins for older engines, however are there Pokémon plugins for MZ? I don't care for art assets, but something that gives the system for it, like catching creatures, using balls, having the main character not take part in the battles but only your creatures and only one of it and so on.
While my plugins are not really made with pokemon in mind. I guess you could still have a look to my Character List and Party Manager

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have plans to add pokemon capturing, evolution, and a lot of the pokemon stats to mz. But I certainly dont intend to write a system like the old essentials. But nothing really solid written yet.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Essentials isn't even dead yet.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
essentials got a cease and desist from nintendo i believe and should no longer be being distributed anywhere.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a few places it can be found, and it just got updated to v.18 recently.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ok, maybe some people are still updating it, but they shouldnt be. if its not legally authorized, its not supported in these forums :p

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course not. I'm just happy the team is still working on it. Some great stuff has been produced with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare