RMVXA Pokemon Soul and Spirit

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by jevydecky, Jul 31, 2018.

1. jevydecky

jevydecky Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So I am remaking a Pokemon fan game that I started years ago, I had to stop because my computer fried and took the external HDD down with it. I lost everything I had, my backup too. I had to give up the idea for some time. Now I decided to restart the game, some things will change from the original idea because I can't remember everything.

Please, give a feedback on what you think of the idea, good or bad. I haven't made enough progress for a demo yet and I'm not planning on adding a screenshot yet.

Pokemon Soul and Spirit

Pokemon Soul and Spirit (subject to change)

SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
    • The game will be based on Pokemon, probably up to Gen 7 (I'm not sure yet).
    • Some abilities will be changed/upgraded, increase some Pokemon stats.
    • If I add the gen 7, I will not be adding the Z-crystal instead I will add more evolution, side and mega evolution.
    • The battle mechanics is the same as Nintendo's. The battle system will definitely be Yanfly's battle system.
    • My main idea on the game is too add fused Pokemon but not all Pokemon in the Pokedex, and the fused Pokemon will have a third type ( well most of them will do).
    • There will be 9 Gym leaders referring to all 18 types (each Gym will feature 2 types).
    • The region will be overrun by Mafia so things will be messy.

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
    • Luke (protagonist), you can nickname him/her yourself) is a young (wo)man, mid 20 who will travel the region collecting badges. Differently from Ash, Luke used to be an assassin (private agent) of a scientist, betrayed him got arrested and 2 years later one of his Pokemon freed itself and came to free him/her.
    • Gemima is a 17 year old girl, antagonist, one of the victims who had their family members killed by the protagonist, and wants to revenge. She will be chasing after the protagonist to kill him/her whenever the occasion rises. P.S.: if she wins a battle against the protagonist it's game over because she'll kill him/her (that's her goal)
    • Eve is a middle age scientist who took the protagonist under her wing and trusted him/her with the mission of bringing special Pokemon for her experiment or other people to help her in her research. She's one of the 3 bosses who has taken over the region.
    I have more characters but i still need to find some proper use for them.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
    Sypnosis

The story is about Luke who was working under Eve as her most trusted personnel. He was capable of getting any Pokemon that she wanted. After learning that she killed his father and took his best artwork, Luke decided to revenge but will get caught and locked up in a cell. 2 years later his Ditto will free itself then go rescue him, that's when he will start a new journey with a Pokemon that he'll still during his escape. As he travels, he will meet people who wants him dead and people who will change him slowly but his main goal will not change ( I know it's not a good story but that's the best I could come up with).

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
    The game features a young adult who forcefully goes on a journey after losing his Pokemon and items. He has to restart from scratch with a new Pokemon that he will steal, he is not the typical good kid because he has already committed too many crimes. Getting gym badges was a way of him to blind in the environment but then he will be enjoying but he still has his main goal of revenge while at the same time being in pursuit. It will be a big game.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    No pictures at the moment because it's my 3rd time restarting the game, lost my progress twice already ( I guess that's what we call dedication)

DOWNLOAD LINK
    No demo yet.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS: I think it is good because I do see not thing wrong about it.
    SECTION B: CHARACTERS: If you want to stick with every essence of pokemon, yeah, that is how most main characters in Pokemon.
    SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT: Good
    SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT: Good start.