Argami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello!
I wanted to know if it's possible to make a Confusion State that when affecting the hero, allows you to select a skill anyway, and then shows the message "The Hero is confused and self attacks" or something like this, then, obviusly, the hero makes a self attak.
Is there any way possible to do that?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Argami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
*little bump*

BehemothTheBeast

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could just make a state called confusion, but it would attack everyone including your own allies. If he is the only one then yes, it would attack himself like you want.

Just make a condition called confusion, you should be able to google the instructions for VXACE pretty easy. It's easier than me saving and re-typing a few pages.

Argami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello @BehemothTheBeast !

Yes, I found that way to do it (We can call it the default system's way). The problem is that when the Hero attacks himself the turn "skips" automatically. What I want is the possibility to first select the skill you wanna use, and then a messages advertises you that you are under the effects of the Confusion State.

The reason I want to do it that way is that you can use a potion (for example) to avoid the effects of the state. For that reason I need a way to let the Player select a Skill / Item before the Hero attacks himself.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would probably do this with a combination of Buffs & States Core and Target Core and make a tag for the state for skill execution which generates a random number for the self-harm chance, and if it's lower than the percentage threshold redefines the actor's targets to only include themselves.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is the chance to self-attack when confused supposed to be totally random? I don´t remember how it works in Pokemon.

Argami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Trihan I downloaded Yanfly's Buff & States Manager and Target Manager and I have readed both, but I can't find the way to use it for my purpose. I think I don't understand how to combine the two scripts. Can you be more specific, please?

@Canini Yes! In Pokemon games it is random, but most of the times the attack self hurt the attack user.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Trihan I could be wrong, but aren't the two things you mention MV plugins, rather than Ace Scripts?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sugar babies, I didn't notice that this was for Ace. Ignore me.

Argami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Oops! So we keep trying!
Is there anyone who knows how to do it the VX Ace way?

EDIT:
Maybe there's a way to check if an state is on at the beggining of the turn (after selecting the skill or the object), and then if the state is on, another state that causes self attack is applied to the player. It's just an idea...

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoanjoboryMaster