slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey guys/gals, I need a bit of help with something. I am trying to make an event that does about the same thing as the counter person in pokemon emerald version in the slateport town. When you enter the place and walk in front of the clerk you have to pay a specific amount of gold to get in. How would I do this in an event? Thanks for the help. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the person itself is a fake event, the real event will be one on the floor where the player will pass.
Im unfamiliar with VX ace commands so ill just put an overall idea:
>on touch trigger:
>Text: "Hello entrance fee is xG"
Show choice: Yes/No
Yes: -xG
erase event* (so it respawns on map exit but doesnt re-charge if you backtrack to the exit)
No: 1 step back.

*In case of multiple floors you would need to turn on a switch which will be turned off when leaving the building.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasasewamobilbali