The FAMAS community presents

polaris_03_logo_smaller.png

Status: completed game, collaborative project with varied gameplay
Genre: science fiction, puzzle, adventure
Languages: English & French
Game length: minimum of approximately 2 hours
Engine: RPG Maker XP
Graphics and music: custom

In a near future, your space shuttle crashed in the middle of Antarctica. You are unharmed but your spaceship is shattered. In order to survive, you will have to explore the depth of an odd structure, nearby the crash site...

As you enter what seems to be an abandoned station, you will realise how huge it actually is, and will be able to explore each of many areas, such as the animal experiment laboratory or the greenhouse. Perhaps the secret that lies deep down Polaris 03 will finally be revealed.

Each area of the base has been created by one member of the team independently, this is how we put up this collaborative project.

DOWNLOAD POLARIS 03
v1.2 - final version - 113 MB

Other link via itch.io : https://sriden.itch.io/polaris03

Keyboard entries to know:
Enter or Space or C: confirm
X or Echap or 0 (numeric keypad): cancel
F12: back to title screen
Alt+Enter : toggle full screen mode
The game will need using these keys: A, Z, Q or W (QWERTY keyboard

People who have worked on this game:
Alex RoiEsper
Criket
forêtnor
NanakyTim
Nemau
Roi of the Suisse
sriden
trotter
Zam
Zeus81

We also want to thank these people for their help:
AlterEgo
Darxenas
Felwynn
Shin
Zim

Check the original soundtrack of this game on youtube:

DOWNLOAD POLARIS 03
v1.2 - final version - 113 MB

Last edited:

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, just wanted to let you know I played and enjoyed Polaris. Good variety on the puzzles, a nice little mystery, a few bits that caught me by surprise, and I must give my appreciation for whoever added the Thing From Another World easter egg. I feel like a few places could have been more intuitive/given more instruction, but overall the game was solid and fun. Thanks for sharing this one.

sriden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
Hey thanks a lot! Yeah, some parts may be pretty tough, that's why the player doesn't necessarily have to solve all the puzzles to complete the game.
The "Thing" easter egg was from me, I tried to keep it low key because I'm not that big on forced references, but couldn't help but having that movie in mind when I developed my segment.

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I saw it on indiexpo! Great game!

sriden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
Hey thanks!

I answered some details in the youtube comments. The moment you stopped was pretty far from the end, if you were wandering. :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

mwevzCp.png

Finally settled with a mapping style.
Hey there everyone! My laptop broke unexpectedly recently and I lost some files I hadn't backed up . . .
Pro tip to anyone looking for advice based on existing game mechanics: a lot of people reading your request won't have played the games you're talking about. Always assume your readers won't have, and explain what the mechanic actually *does* rather than just name-dropping the game. I see this a lot.
 …So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KadeFynn