Poll: Console Use

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Do you own a console? If you own multiple, which console do you use the most?

1. Playstation 4

67 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Xbox One

13 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Wii U

15 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Other

38 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. None

29 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I actually have a few consoles stashed away, but at the moment I am only using my computer. 

2. Name

Name Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I own alot, but anything nintendo will always be my number one!! (love my wiiu)

3. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I voted other - I currently own both WiiU and Xbox One. No games for them though... I program games for them XD

As for other consoles, don't own a PS3, PS4, Wii or Xbox 360. I was still playing games on my PS2 and original Xbox.

Never had an N64, but played my nephew's console and bought games for us to play.

Had NES, Snes, Genesis, GBA, Dreamcast and PSP.

4. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I use my vita the most, but lately I've been on an FFXIV binge so I've been using my PS4 quite a bit. I do have other systems, but I don't play them as much.

5. Rikifive

Rikifive Bringer of Happiness Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    NES! :3

~also PS1 and PS2. :3

I know these are irrelevant, but I don't own other consoles, though I'm not hiding, that I'd love to have some fun with them as I love local multiplayer games and consoles are great sources of these.

Canini and Marsigne like this.
  6. Kenen

Kenen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am strictly a PC gamer, entirely due to graphics/performance and the ability to mod.

7. SLEEP

SLEEP grunge rock cloud strife Veteran

First Language:
    emglish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I own a WiiU but since Splatoon is over i haven't touched it... so Nintendo 3DS wins. I voted "other".

8. DarkWalker

DarkWalker Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I basically use my PC and my Android tablet to play, with a bit of 3DS on the side every few months when something I want to play is released.

I used to purchase everything Nintendo; I have stashed away a NES, a SNES, N64, Wii, GBA, and DS. But as consoles became more like actual computers, I found myself getting more and more frustrated with them; a computer I can't tweak and mess with isn't a device I want to have at home. Thanks to that, and to how many previously console exclusive franchises are now being released for PC, I kinda abandoned non-mobile console gaming, and even my mobile console (3DS) is seeing far less gaming use than my Android tablet.

9. Allusion

Allusion ♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I ticked 'other'~

I own a Wii and a PS3 (that rhymes!) and I've definitely used the latter more than the former. Like many others, I'm not too keen about upgrading to PS4 due to the lack of appealing games, though that could totally change with time. Lately, most of my attention goes to my andrioid due to how much cheaper those games/apps are and the transportibility. :)

10. sithious

sithious Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovenian
    Vita support would blow my mind!

11. MechaGS

MechaGS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A PS4 and Wii U user reporting in.

12. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Vita is a dying console i'm afraid.

13. Chaneque

Chaneque Prince of Strange Things Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have all handhelds. My parents are split up and I go see my dad at the weekends, so it made it easier to have a handheld console so I could play my games anywhere. My dad has a PS3 and I keep trying to play Disgaea 3 on it, but I'm just not there enough! Also, we only have one TV in the house, so I don't like to hog it with playing games. I have a Gameboy Advance (I don't use it anymore, I don't really have any games for it anyway), a Nintendo DS (my third one - I still have both its broken predecessors, though), a Nintendo 3DS, and a PSP. I think my favourite is my 3DS - it's certainly my most reliable console! 

14. sithious

sithious Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovenian
    True, but still a fantastic piece of hardware, with large adoption rates per title. It has a passionate community that supports the quality games that show up on it.

15. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have a PS4, PS3, Wii. Wii U, 3DS, and a 360.

(I also am a heavy emulator user, but I'll assume we're not including those.)

The system I use most frequently is my PS4 tho admittedly, I'm slowly gravitating back to the PS3 and even PS2.

This is because I really enjoy RPGs and the PS3/PS2 has quite a few good ones that I'm more than happy to revisit.

16. starcrescendo

starcrescendo Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I selected "Other" because I don't have any of the "current gen" consoles and still don't have any reason to. I have a PS3, Wii, and XBox 360. Along with some older consoles that you obviously won't care about! But yeah I don't really see a need to upgrade. There's a lot of games I'd like but I can't justify buying any console for just a few games.

17. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
       I ticked ps4. Also have a psp and an xbox 360 but haven't played either of them in ages (the xbox actually being broken) other than occasionally picking up the psp to play FFT.

That said, upgrading to this generation of consoles is something that in hindsight I sort of regret, it's great for navigating netflix and other apps on the television, but the fact remains that to this day more than 80% of the games available are mere 'definitive editions' of last gen games with allegedly prettier graphics, so my actual game library for it is really small at like, five games. Seeing as how it looks like MS and Sony are into halving their products lifespan for the prospect of more money it doesn't look like I'll be picking up a new console from either one anytime soon; as of right now I'm thinking ps4 will be my last console. Just seems not worth it anymore, all things considered.

18. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've got all consoles except for Xbox One. There's just nothing exclusive on it that I want bad enough to justify. 

Playstation 4 for me all the way. Wii U I played for Xenoblade Chronicles X (and oh my god that game took me forever to play! I think that was the longest game I ever played!). I'll typically buy whatever system has the new Xeno game on it and these days it's been Nintendo! 

19. SquallStorm

SquallStorm Resident Persona 5 Hyper Veteran

First Language:
    English
    PS4/3DS.

20. sabao

sabao Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Would a 3DS or Vita be powerful enough to handle anything on the level MV can do? As much as the idea of playing on a console with a controller is appealing, playing RM games as they are now on a giant TV feels like a little overkill. Deploying on a 3DS seems daunting though.