Poll: Console Use

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Do you own a console? If you own multiple, which console do you use the most?

1. Playstation 4

67 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Xbox One

13 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Wii U

15 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Other

38 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. None

29 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. plumbbobparadise

plumbbobparadise Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Let's see, I have a PS4 that I barely use (most of the games out for it don't appeal to me at all), my trusty Xbox360, a Wii (not U), and a PS2.  All of the consoles were acquired second hand.  Of the four consoles, I think I use the 360 and PS2 the most.  I know there were versions of the RPGmaker software for the consoles years back.  But most of my video gaming takes place on PC :)   

If you guys consider bringing RPGMaker to PS4 I would buy it in a heartbeat!  It would give me some use out of that console ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2016
  2. Robin Hoot

Robin Hoot Veteran Veteran

Got a PS4 but I rarely play it nowadays. It has been a huge disappointment to be honest. DS and 3DS are what I play most here.

3. skatasticdinoboy

skatasticdinoboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Currently, I have an Xbox One, a PS3, a PS2 that I still play sometimes, an N64 that's buried somewhere and possibly a Genesis that's buried somewhere.

I also have a 3ds, an older DS, a GameBoy Advance and a GameBoy Color.

And then there's the stuff that was either sold or randomly disappeared like the GameCube, Dreamcast, SNES, my Atari, my 360... :(  

interestingly enough, I hardly play any of them though lol! :p

4. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Assuming this is being asked for the purpose of a new console RPG Maker, I haven't owned anything outside of last generation, since I mainly game on PC and Steam now. However, I'm all for a new console RM.

That said, if this poll is for the purpose of a new console RM, may I ask what would be the obstacle of making one for the Nintendo Switch? I feel Nintendo's platform would be great for indie developers, plus with its alleged capability of going from docking to handheld, the possibilities could be endless.

Other than that, has there ever been consideration of purchasing the rights to the PS1 and PS2 versions of RPG Maker and converting them for PC use? I know there was some suggestions for it before, but wasn't sure if the market was there for something as daunting as that.

Beyond that, though, if NS is not a viable option for console, I'd vote for XB1, especially with Scorpio around the corner.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  5. vannt93

vannt93 Villager Member

My PS4 tends to be used for Blu Rays and NowTV more than anything else.

6. frzhrt834

frzhrt834 Infamous Warrior of Storms Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wii U to play some Smash Bros. :p

7. Rexxon

Rexxon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Playstation 3, and a New Nintendo 3DS for me, hope to get the Playstation 4 sooner rather than later.

8. Dust

Dust Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just got a PS4 because the system will get a few games I really want to play which are on no other platform. Otherwise I'm mostly on PC, or 3DS.

9. Prodigy 1216

Prodigy 1216 Prodigious Member Veteran

First Language:
    Malanglish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Currently I posses only an ASUS Laptop for steam gaming and my still good to go PSX. Yes! I still play FF7 and FF8 and FF9 to get some ideas. I am targeting to buy a PS4 by selling my Good-for-nothing Xbox. I dreamt to have a Nintendo console but then again IMO, Nintendo is....quite racist. Please let us play Monster Hunter Stories in PS4......Take my money I am willing!

10. InBlast

InBlast The Mad Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I have a PS3, 3DS, PSP, PS Vita.

But PC Master Race ;)

Titris Thrawns and Prodigy 1216 like this.
  11. ItaliaVeneziano1

ItaliaVeneziano1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The consoles I play the most would be 2DS, and PS3.

When I do get a current gen console besides the 2DS, it would most likely will be a PS4 or the next gen Switch.

I have older consoles too, but those 2 I play the most.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2016
  12. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The only choice for me was other. I own ps1, ps2, ps3, xbox 360, wii. I use to have more but not anymore. I gave away my xbox and gamecube. When I'm finished with these console I will move to the new ones. But I still have like 25 games to play on ps1. I do have an xbox one controller. Picked it up to have a pc controller and to play my rpg maker games with it. :)

13. Trihan

Trihan Speedy Scripter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have a PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox One, N64, Wii, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, and 3DS. XD

Play PS4 the most at the moment.

14. Kaptain J

Kaptain J The 2nd Chosen One Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now that I have a Nintendo Switch, I've been playing it nonstop (aside from my job). Man, the new Zelda is extremely good...

masterlobo likes this.
  15. masterlobo

masterlobo Veteran Veteran

Same. Poll needs to include Switch now :p

16. somenick

somenick Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have / use a PS4. Mostly for No Man's Sky. Plan to get FF15 and ME:Andromeda later, when they get more patches / updates.

Not sure if RMMV would be a success on PS4 or XBox One, though, RMMV being 100% 2D.

Unless there are plans for a new 3D RPG Maker, then I would hope it gets a PC version too.

17. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    PS4, Xbox One, 360, ps3, dreamcast, Saturn, ps2, ps1, snes, nes, gamecube, wii, wiiu, switch, n64, xbox, Gameboy, Gameboy color, Gameboy advance/sp, ds, ds-lite, 3ds, 3dsXL, new 3dsXL, psp, ps-vita.

I don't have my original library for most these systems minus the dreamcast, but still have my systems.

18. jknightandkarr

jknightandkarr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I got a 3DS and Xbox 360

Joe

19. fhloup

fhloup Mentalist, not mental. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a PS4, and just purchased Persona 5 yesterday. What great plot progression. Hooked. Thinking of the logic used ingame and how I could try to incorporate those ideas.

20. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I have a PS Vita and a 3DS, but after playing KH DDD, Pokemon Y, FE:Fates and Bravely Second I havent used my 3DS anymore. On Vita I have like 10+ games and is currently playing AC3:Liberation.

I want to get a PS4 for Persona 5, I have the budget but it's not practical for me to get one for now. IDK when it will get practical but I really hope to get one soon. If it doesn't go practical for me soon, my deadline is probably the release of KH3. Once KH3 is released, I will get that PS4 for sure.