[Poll] Sectioned Gauges vs Segmented Gauges vs None

Sectioned Gauges vs Segmented Gauges vs None/Neither

• Sectioned

• Segmented

• None (smooth)

• Neither (different style - plz comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to see what people think of either of these Yanfly plugins:

...or do you guys prefer to have smooth gauges w/o the section/segment lines?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Segmented is very useful if you have effects that work with percentages so it's easier to check on, but I'm not very picky with my gauges, as long as they're there. No gauges (on enemies) is a dealbreaker, that kind of stuff annoys me too much.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Segmented is very useful if you have effects that work with percentages so it's easier to check on, but I'm not very picky with my gauges, as long as they're there. No gauges (on enemies) is a dealbreaker, that kind of stuff annoys me too much.
Hmm, I almost exclusively use utility scaling now, so very few things alter stuff by a percentage in my project. Does that mean Sectioned Gauges would be more useful for me? I do like the idea of Segmented Gauges though, but as you level up the segments quickly become tiny. I tried adjusting it, but then the low level segments are too large lol.

Elhijei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think segmented gauge only work well if the segments are meaningful regarding cost and regen. For instance Kingdom Hearts 1.
One segment = one spell ; ether = regens 3 segments ... I don't remember precisely, but point is, they work because they carry valuable information :D So unless your spell costs/ressource regeneration depend on set values you'd like to emphasize, I'm not sure it would be as efficient.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I think I'm leaning towards non-sectioned/segmented gauges now. I don't have any meaningful set values to emphasize but sectioning by % could work...but it just doesn't look as good as a smooth gauge.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is this Profile Banner thing new? Or did I just discovered it now?
Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JefftheK