SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Description of the Feature:
  • Create hotspots that are different than a simple rectangle.
  • Add points to create a shape, more closely following a desired selection area.

Mockups:
mockup.jpg

Why is this feature good?
This feature is great because of the following:
  • Better feel for users with making hotspots feel more "correct"
  • More flexibility to create areas to click that may not follow typical shaping (for example, selecting a tree when the mouse is on the tree and not when the mouse is on a bush BEHIND the tree).

Possible issues with this feature?
Issues that might arise from this feature:
  • Having too many points/sides could be a performance problem
  • Moving individual points could be incredibly tedious.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the feature request, I think you can use the Add Hotspot command setting with Shape to "Pixel" to get a pixel perfect shape. Maybe that could be a workaround for you.

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi, thanks for the feature request, I think you can use the Add Hotspot command setting with Shape to "Pixel" to get a pixel perfect shape. Maybe that could be a workaround for you.
I just played around with that and it is very clunky. There's this problem where the preview boxes are larger than my screen, making it impossible to reliably use right now. My monitor is 1920x1080, so I set my game projects to that resolution. Unfortunately, the dialogue box opens up MASSIVELY past my screen borders and I can't move it to confirm any changes. Add that to the fact that I would need to add 15 more pictures, layer them, and set up as many hotspots... it's all a spread-out mess. I'd rather have an awkward feel to the shapes for any menus because to do otherwise is very unwieldy. This solution is far better for objects that may be moved/removed, though.

Side note:
I used a smaller resolution in the mockup because a bug shouldn't be the primary focus.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, you have to go to Tools > Preferences > Application and uncheck "Original Size Preview" checkbox to fix it.

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi, you have to go to Tools > Preferences > Application and uncheck "Original Size Preview" checkbox to fix it.
My thanks! That makes things SO much easier! Still would be a bit of a hassle to get all those shapes layered in the correct spots, but not impossible as I had thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GmOcean