_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Who bought POP! Horror City or Slasher Forest of @Vexed and didn't loved it?
Yet there is something missing for my game.
So I am here to ask for artwork, that can be used in commercial games. Attribution for the art will be given even if not demanded from the creator.

Approach:

From scratch or edit. It can be considered an edit, since Vexed includes bases for all sprites, along with all packages. You can use any Horror City character pack, as long as you own them to make the sprite. The most important part is the head with the hair, so it can be layered on any character I guess, but white dress can be helpful too.

Resource Type:
Character sprite and face set (two faces).

Maker Format:
RPG Maker MV

Art Style:
POP!

Description:

Character sprite:
Imagine a white woman dressed in a white dress but most important, having long hair in front of their face. Age can vary, I am mostly interest on a 25 year old woman. Maybe also a 9 year old would be a nice bonus for this request thread, but only if someone is really in the mood to do it. The 25 years old is what I need, the 9 year old is just good to have.
Faceset:
Face 1: Hair cover the face.
Face2: One eye is visible and looks intense into your eyes.

Since horror pictures can be considered a PG 13 issue, I put them in a spoiler button, just to protect children from accidentally seen something they wouldn't like to see. If you are not 18+ years old and get easily scared, please do not click it.

Reference Images:

latest

More on a well known onryo:

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Sadako_Yamamura

In Indonesian horror folk lore, I think it is called kuntinilanak.

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah the vengeful spirit. Cool. Cant help you sadly though for those more into the myth you might want to specify skin color as they usually have either a White or indigo face and since you want one with one eye revealed ...

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
White woman it is. turning the skin color isn't VERY hard, as long as it is distinct on the palette used, so a white Caucasian, or American would work fine. But hair should be black.

Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried doing the face, buuuut...
I accidentally made it way too small, so I guess it may be better used for the 9 year old? :'D
And way too small for MV too, I guess...
I'd prefer to remake it, but since I did something already (and I'm not sure of the actual size you need) I'd better ask, does it look like what you were aiming for?

upload_2019-5-7_22-22-4.png upload_2019-5-7_22-23-10.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What size did you make it? Pop style is very easy to size up depending on what size you started with, if you need help let me know.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I literally stretched them on paint.net and they fit all right.
p.png

Not tested it yet, but it looks nice!
Update: Needs small adjustments to center the frames, but that will be done on polishing and to be honest... they still work great as they are.

I was looking for a longer hair version, but that can work even better, because it will introduce a different look.

That leaves only the sprite that can work along with it!

It is fantastic!!! Thank you so much!

IMPORTANT:
How do you like to be credited in game?
:kaohi::kaojoy::kaoluv:

Last edited:

Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm, I don't mind being credited actually, you can just put my name along in the credits if you want :kaoblush:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Indeed I will for sure my dear and thank you for your time!!!!

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I will bump this up again.
The remaining thing that is needed is a POP! spite to represent the portrait made by @Ebanyle.
Hopefully someone can make it. :)

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just checking my luck again.
Remaining:
A character sprite that can be used with the faceset already being set.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll give it a shot.
EDIT:
View attachment 115808
Credit is optional but appreciated.

Wait what? I just missed that reply!!! @tv.ghost, even if giving credit is optional I ALWAYS give credit to anyone who contributes to a game I make.
Thank you so much for making this.

There is only one problem I got. I can not seem to resize it without making it blurry.
A POP! full sprite sheet consists of two rows, that contain 3 sprites each.
The total canvas size is 576 x 768
Thus the height should be divided by 2 and the width should be divided by 3 to get the size of a single sprite sheet.
That would be 192 x 384. The problem is that this magnificent sprite you made has the dimensions set to 72x128 and the aspect ratio is not 100% right, thus it distorts by the stretch, making it blurry.
I don't want to sound ungrateful, the sprite can work even blurry, but it would be perfect if it has the correct size, so the resizing could come out more clean. :)

If someone has any workaround on this, I would gladly follow it. I am using paint.net.

Last edited:

ZirconStorms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wait what? I just missed that reply!!! @tv.ghost, even if giving credit is optional I ALWAYS give credit to anyone who contributes to a game I make.
Thank you so much for making this.

There is only one problem I got. I can not seem to resize it without making it blurry.
A POP! full sprite sheet consists of two rows, that contain 3 sprites each.
The total canvas size is 576 x 768
Thus the height should be divided by 2 and the width should be divided by 3 to get the size of a single sprite sheet.
That would be 192 x 384. The problem is that this magnificent sprite you made has the dimensions set to 72x128 and the aspect ratio is not 100% right, thus it distorts by the stretch, making it blurry.
I don't want to sound ungrateful, the sprite can work even blurry, but it would be perfect if it has the correct size, so the resizing could come out more clean. :)

If someone has any workaround on this, I would gladly follow it. I am using paint.net.
I'll resize it; check this reply in a bit/later today for the edited version.

EDIT:
1.png
Had to tweak the hair a bit for this version, so the sprite is slightly different. If you need anything else or still have trouble with the sprite, send me a conversation/dm.

Last edited:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I also tried to remove 2 pixels from the grey gaps, used nearest neighbor on resizing and came our crystal clear. Hopefully it works. Will upload it for you to see it. You can add your signature and the Don't claim yours and then I kill this dropbox link if you want to.

@tv.ghost how would you like to be credited? Is your nick name ok? Do you mind putting some links on your pages to help you out?
p.png

Wow. It even works well on the faceset! @Ebanyle Look at that!!! :D:D:D
p.png

Last edited:

ZirconStorms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I also tried to remove 2 pixels from the grey gaps, used nearest neighbor on resizing and came our crystal clear. Hopefully it works. Will upload it for you to see it. You can add your signature and the Don't claim yours and then I kill this dropbox link if you want to.

@tv.ghost how would you like to be credited? Is your nick name ok? Do you mind putting some links on your pages to help you out?
p.png

Wow. It even works well on the faceset! @Ebanyle Look at that!!! :D:D:D
p.png
Added the edited version to my previous reply. (Your dropbox links are both giving me 401 errors)
ZirconStorms is fine for crediting.

Last edited:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My Game Development Livestream

Of course, so, someone had covid at work today and I was exposed to them, so, I'm stuck at home for...TWO WEEKS!
oh god I'm going to die
AAAAAAAAi.png
Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prismat83