POP! Preview

JackCL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
In the meantime here's some final preview shots.
I will be grateful for the answers to some questions, which, I am sure, are of interest to so many.

1. Is there a seasonal tiles (autumn, winter) or only a summer ver. forest in POP! Slasher Forest?

2. The site link removed by moderator has packs of new tiles mixed with old tiles. In particular, there are motorcycles, new windows and shop signs, sewerage tiles and etc. When will they appear on Steam and what will be the composition of these packs?

3. What's next?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1: There is one season - the pack contains about 14 sheets [including A1-A4 autotiles/building etc]. for exteriors/nature tiles so including four versions for different seasons would increase the price quite substantially.

2. It's actually against the rules to advertise potentially competitive external sites in forum posts, which is why I haven't linked to that in any of these topics. I can't answer questions about itch here.

3. I think I'll actually get this pack released before I start talking about what I'm working on next~

JackCL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I can't answer questions about itch here.
I did not ask about itch, but about when those tiles will appear here.

ps. This might be "competitive" only if there is something with which it is competitive. But if the pizza is not sold here then it is completely silly to erase all the references to pizza from the moderator's side as "potentially competitive". Just because it is not sold here anyway.

Although I can not say that I'm surprised. "If you can not compete, just ban it". Russian government thieves like to do as well aaaaall tme lol.

Last edited:

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
And in order to answer a question about why something appears on one platform over another, one has to talk about both those platforms. Which I cannot do here.

I could give you a stock, vague "I don't know" answer if you'd prefer, but that's leaving out a lot of information regarding how and why these decisions are made.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Although I can not say that I'm surprised. "If you can not compete, just ban it". Russian government thieves like to do as well aaaaall tme lol.
Ahhh yes, I just absolutely delight in squashing the competition. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think people forget that this site is first and foremost business oriented, to sell products. Vexed made it clear in the post before yours where I removed the link that she was intending to submit them here and on Steam. So, yes, by posting the link it is posting competition. Say what you like about it not being available now or whatever, it still falls under the guidelines of competition.

And Vexed is the one who asked me to take the link out, as she appreciates and has no problem abiding by the rules here.

Last edited:

JackCL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Seriously, I think people forget that this site is first and foremost business oriented, to sell products.
Seriously, I'm almost choking with laughter by reading this. :kaojoy:

"Site is first and foremost business oriented, to sell products" has almost 3 years (!!!) to start sell sewerage tiles pack from closed member+ (I've asked here about this many times and each time I received only vague stories about some incredible legal difficulties).

That was done? No.

Once again - this site had a handicap for THREE YEARS OMG!! THREE YEARS! :kaoswt2: And NOW you start to talk about "potentially competitive", "business oriented" and "sell products"! :kaoangry:

It looks so incompetent and pitiful that it almost equaled the nonprofessional with the employees of the Russian Post Office, who prefer to throw letters into the roadside ditch, and not deliver them to the addressee. However, this also does not prevent them from talking about competition and business development.

she was intending to submit them here and on Steam.
You should carefully read the posts. My question related not POP! Slasher Forest but exclusively to the tilesets not presented here, nor on steamstore. And now I have her answer "I don't know". I'm OK with it, we done.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This really isn't the place to vent your frustration about Members+ having logistical problems with being released. Having that sort of difficulty take way more than 3 years or eventually found out to be impossible to resolve is a *very* common thing when it comes to business and licensing, and it has nothing to do with how professionally Degica is handling the issue. Just look at how Marvel can't even use the term "mutant" in any of their movies or tv series even though Marvel created the X-Men. I'm frustrated too, but this is the unfortunate reality when you have so many contributors and no way to contact many of them and you have to balance things so ALL are happy with the solution at the same time. In the meantime Degica has worked very hard to get us loads of content, plus communication with the developers that is unheard of between Japan and the English speaking market. I'm not 100% happy with all the decisions they've made but saying they're behaving unprofessionally is untrue.

Vexed, I'm super excited to see what you've got in this pack. I look forward to it's release.

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks Sharm, I hope people enjoy it! :kaopride:

@JackCL Dude, I'm one person, creating and putting out graphics as and when I choose and as and when I am able. I don't make submissions to Steam, those are done by the people who publish RPG Maker. I'm very grateful that they submit my work to Steam at all - and ultimately it's a process I have 0 involvement in. That's not buck passing, that's just the way it is. I can't answer questions on when something will be released on Steam, because it's out of my hands. And that's if I choose to submit them to RPG Maker in the first place.

Also, these are pixel art asset packs. This isn't some government conspiracy to drive up prices or crush the will of the masses. I have apologised to all that this pack has taken a long time to create, and I genuinely mean that. But to be honest I could have taken 3, 4, 5 hell, even10 years. Or not released anything at all. I could have made the entire thing, released screenshots and never released it for sale cause guess what, it's my content that I've spent 1,000s of hours creating.

The fact that I'm selling this content for limited use in game development doesn't mean I'm giving up ownership of it or that people are somehow entitled to it. That goes with this pack, M+ content or anything else I create. Outside of RPG Maker Web, Steam releases and content under exclusivity contract, how and when any content I create is released is up to me. And tbh it's no wonder I often feel reticent to even share content these days when this is the kind of reaction it gets.

In regards to me having control of content that I create, or having some content be under exclusivity to certain promotions, limited time sales, memberships or vendors etc. - if you want to claim that makes me some kind of Russian despot, then sure, fine, that's cool. You carry on. I'm gonna be over here making pretty pixels.

And final point, this is a thread about Slasher Forest so it's unsurprising that people are assuming you're talking about that - if you wan't to go off topic and discuss other things, specifically the availablity of content via other vendors, find somewhere else to do it - cause as has already been pointed out, as per the site rules, these forums are not the place.

---------------------

Anywho, in an effort to get things back on track - here's a couple more screenshots. Just cause, why not?

Last edited:

Gamefall Team

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your art is absolutely amazing! I love all the POP! releases. I'm looking forward to see all the things you're planning to do.
You're awesome :kaojoy:

radiantcross13

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
O...M...G!

Can't wait to use these new tiles...I actually have been waiting for this release so much! Time to get back to rpgmaking :)

Vex...I love you gal ;)

Ultros4

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Vexed, I don't often post here but just wanted to firstly say I'm really sorry to hear about all the offline difficulties you've had and I really hope things get better for you.

Anyway I bloody love your work. I love to play around with making new characters by swapping hairstyles and outfits and the like. I can't wait for the release of this!

Zabu

Prince of light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
This pack gonna be awesome hell yeah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Hey there! Hope you're having a nice day, you are awesome!"

(Of course the hand is awful :kaoswt: )
I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenBratva