Pop up console and irelevant plugin problems.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Skurge, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi guys, I've been trying to optimize my project by having it clean off unnecessary content and using new and updated plugins and the program itself to work with. That being said I have made a copy of the old version on my hard rive to fall back on in case something were to go horribly wrong.

Recently the console command window has been driving me friggin insane constantly alerting me of problems that someone like me who has 0 experience understanding code lines interrupting my test play. Note that I can always just click the play test window and continue on but regardless of that- the console window is bringing up things I think shouldn't even be showing?

For example-this project I have removed terrax lighting js and wanted to try out Kha's lighting/graphics for MV.
    Plugin is working fine, but the console keeps referencing terrax lighting even though I have gone through every single event/common event/plugin that had anything to with it had wiped. Yep moveroute core has been updated also- but why is it referencing terrax lighting as well is beyond my understanding.

Here is a screenshot of the problem, the game test window is placed over the exact same directory the lines are mentioning also.
    If anyone here wishes to help and If you need me to provide extra details please let me know what needs to be done.
    [​IMG]

2. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unrelated, but you have an invalid plugin (AudioLagFix) try redownloading it.

About your move route problem, I don't see any reference to terrax lighting on the log, just an error with the move route itself.
    Take another screenshot with the "TypeError" line expanded, so we can see more information about the error.

3. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hellow Hudell, thanks for mentioning the invalid plugin- i've updated it for all times sake :)
    As for the log, I hope this screenshot explains enough of the errors- I'm still only just understanding how to display the content required for fixes.
    I have also added my own red highlight to indicate where I am seeing Terrax js. my general understanding is if the plugin is not installed- then it should not be displayed in the log?

Attached Files:

4. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's because your project is in a folder called "Archtross before terrax"

5. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    OH.
    Well sh*t.
    Alright i've changed the name to Archtross 2017 so that blunder of mine is out the way. However there is still the issue of the console constantly showing up. And when I enter my map room-an error interrupts and crashes the game:

Type error
    Cannot read property 'toLowerCase'of undefined for more infomation, push F8

this shows:

Attached Files:

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    please rename your audiofiles to follow networking rules - filenames that break networking rules cannot be used by RMMV due to being HML5 and export to several different devices.

In this case the spaces and special letters have to go - check the console log of the filenames, whenever you see an %20 (or % followed by another number), that indicates a letter that cannot be accessed in networking environments.

Of course you have to correct the settings after renaming them whereever you use them...

7. mogwai

mogwai 1984 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It looks to me that the error is so bad, it's even breaking the error manager.

As a test you could put copy this and save it as a plugin last.
    PHP:
    PluginManager.parameters = function(name) {
        return 
    this._parameters[name.toLowerCase()] || {};
    };
    PluginManager.setParameters = function(nameparameters) {

this._parameters[name.toLowerCase()] = parameters;
    };
    The thing is breaking these functions I think.

It might be easier to disable the plugin KhasAdvancedGraphics.js and test first too.

@Andar You seem to know url escape. I've never heard of that breaking HTML5.

8. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    OK so i've altered the sound file names and decided to turn of the audiolagfix js. ( I actually don't think I need this- but it seemed to fix some audio problems at the time )

The console pop ups are still occuring but now primarily pointing out the same errors regarding the movecore js. The predestrians who use this plugin still use it properly like they are supposed to- so i'm uncertain why it think it's a bug.

Sadly I don't know where to go with this, this belongs in the pluginmanger js- but on what line I do not know sorry.

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If the console pops up automatically, then most likely you installed a plugin for that - there are one or two like this because you don't have buttons to manually opening the console on a mobile for example, so they need to get the console automatically.
    Or it could be that one of your plugins that place messages there force-opens it so that you can read the messages and react to them.

If you give us a current screenshot with the remaining messages in the console, we can check for the next step in the sequence.
    That is bughunting - one step after another (you can read more about it in my tutorial bughunting, see link in my signature)

10. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    mogwai-Andar I should let you know I've discovered what has been bringing up the popup consoles that interrupt my test play- I believe this is caused by the specialpassable plugin you created for me because when I turned the plugin off- the console pop up ceased. I figure you might have left that console command popup during your efforts to create it. I may need a little modification to stop it :) Why it has only been doing this tonite I do not know.

Also Andar I have been reading your bugtest topic- interesting read!

So far I think that rules out the moveroute core because the console when (pressing F8 now) no longer shows it as an on-going problem.
    There is still however the crash concerning the mysterious case of the 'toLowerCase'of undefined crash that the console has lead me to this page/line of the Kha graphics plugin:

Attached Files:

11. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The problem with errors on the computer is that it displays where the error is detected, not where the error is caused.
    That is why we prefer the full console screenshot of error messages, because that shows us the entire trace that is involved (as the "for want of a nail" proverb I cited in my bughunting, the obvious problem is not always the real cause.

Basically that error shows that at least one plugin is not correctly installed - the "tolowercase" is undefined because the command object itself is undefined - either you mistyped a plugin command, or the plugin that command is intended for has problems.
    And that does not need to be the plugin where the error pointed to, because the plugin command gets passed through all plugins until it is detected, and an error like that will happen in the first plugin checking for its own commands if the command is completely undefined.

So now we need three things to locate the true source - the full console output, a screenshot of the plugin manager to see what plugins you installed and a screenshot of the event where you use a plugin command to see what it is that does not exist.

(by the way - you did start a new game, yes? because that can also happen if you loaded a saved file that is older than the installation of the plugin whose command just failed)

12. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    OK, so i've done some tests with the specialpassable js turned off for the time being to avoid console popups.

Here is a screenshot of the console command that shows the moment I recieve the crash via the 'toLowerCase'of undefined' error.
    [​IMG]
    Assuming you wanted the plugins js file aswell to examine I have attached it also:
    plugins.js

Here are screenshots of the plugin manager:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) please remove the space from your folder name, use "Archtross_2017" instead of "Archtross 2017" or something like that.
    If you still get the "can't load pixi.js files after that, then your project is not correctly updated and you need to update its core files again.

But as I asked above, we still need screenshots of the event that uses the plugin command - it has to be one of the events that gets triggered when you enter that map, at the moment the error happens.

14. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well actually when teleported to the map room which triggers this error is via YEP_MainMenuManager which using the parrameters activates a common event.
    [​IMG]

This is the common event's page:
    [​IMG]

Just to note also that this function worked perfectly before without this error. I hope this information helps you.

Attached Files:

15. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skurge there is no plugin command in that common event, so you're looking at the wrong event.
    Please search again until you find that event (map or common) that contains a plugin command.

Because either one of your plugins completely broke the event interpreter, or you get this error because one event used the plugin command.
    And I think it has a higher probability that you simply have forgotten the event where you used the plugin command than that one of your plugins broke the plugin command entirely...

16. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hmm..the only plugins command I find present on the map are multiple events that display highlighted colours over terrain using the BindPictureToMap Js. by Galenmereth.

The commands are : BindPictureToMap x below_characters

I'm sorry for not providing much information as I think I am- I just can't understand what I am doing wrong considering this particular map was working fine before and I've updated all the plugins to the program aswell. That's part of bug testing I guess.

17. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that does sound like it could be the problem - especially if you're using a bind picture to map that is incompatible to the pixi version (pixi.js is the basic graphic engine used) - and you did get messages that the pixi libraries could not be loaded in your console screenshot.

So it all begins to point to a problem or incompatibility in the display part of the engine - have you already renamed and updated your project to solve the pixi errors? That definately needs to come as the next step, especially as it might be all that is needed to get the bind picture plugin working again.

18. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well I changed the project name like you asked and last I updated was only a few days ago- so if the pixi file is the issue I should then try updating it again- I will let you know of the developments soon!

19. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    not project name - directory name. The project name can be anything you want as long as the path to the project (which is set to the project name by default, but doesn't need to have the same name) does not contain illegal characters.

And that error usually happens if someone forgets to copy/update the libs folder in the project, see updating instructions.

20. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Alrighty, so good news is the program is up to date-
    Unfortunately the problems still persist the same, could it be the pixi file thing be glitching? I'm sure that pixi updates with the program itself?