High Cultist of the Sporkle
- Jun 22, 2019
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Poppet's a cursed doll "living" in the world's most cursed attic. Thankfully her curse is that she simply needs to look out a very specific window every night and see the stars. Or if she can't reach that window, she must do all that she can to try.
So each day she simply slept in front of the window, and by slept I mean fell lifeless as she’s only alive at night. And when she revived she’d be right where she needed to be… Until the strange man appeared one day.
Nobody in the attic really knows who he is, and he really only seemed to have one interest. He wandered straight to Poppet, and picked her up. Lifelessly she flopped in his hand. This seemed to disappoint the man. So he dropped her in a box on the other side of the attic, and left.
And that’s where our story begins, Poppet waking up in a box on the wrong side of the attic and compelled beyond all reason to reach the window on the other side. All that’s stopping her is an attic full of countless cursed objects and a very angry ghost of a child named Buggaboo.
1. The attic is always changing due to it’s ghostly ruler, so no two areas are the same.. Also they're a massive 200x200.
2. Characters have lots of frames of animation… Seriously, Poppet herself has 28 frames of run animation in each direction, 22 frames of cast animation for each direction, and 30 frames for each direction of her ghost form..
3. Ever wanted to be able to be a ghost? Well now you can at least temporarily. Poppet can literally change her form at will from doll to ghost and back again.
4. A strange leveling system where you can sacrifice your “experience” or in this case stars for more temporary power. Also leveling is area dependent, so you will have to attain more power on each map, not just overall.
5. Pixel movement, 1920x1080, 60FPS, and really just a lot of specs that will have you wondering if this really was built in MZ.
Oh man… When I first penned the idea for the project there were 5 completely different biomes in the attic, and significantly more dolls with more items to pick up. Etc, etc. Basically like a Diablo except with less random loot because I knew I’d never get that done in time for this.
So if for some reason people see promise in this game, I’ll expand upon it and make it far better. Otherwise here’s the best I could do in a month.
Feel free to let me know all of the bugs, bad ideas (and I guess good ones if any). I already know how to even make some of the bugs happen. I obviously won't be changing anything until after the judging. But to be honest I'm most interested to see if it blows up computers or not. So if you want to help me test out how badly one can mess with RM MZ, go ahead and download it.
Also... You will probably need a dedicated GPU to play this game. It tends to require 20-25% of my GTX 1060, to give you any kind of idea.