ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I'm still pretty new at this javascript thing, and I've mostly been learning by disassembling other people's scripts. Unfortunately, nothing I've managed to look at has helped me figure out how to go about doing the following:

• Popping a window with text over the menu scene
  • Making that window have an 'ok' choice that closes it, or cancelling it closes it
  • Making it so that while this window is on screen, it has focus, so the cursor doesn't move underneath it.

I have found a way to open a window on top of other windows, which shows the message, but I can't find a way to clear that message, and it doesn't have focus, so the menu underneath is still moved/accessed. I'm sure this is easy to do, I just don't know where to look. Anyone wanna help me out here?

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to give the window focus over other windows, you can. But if we're talking about touch input, the window classes only recognize inputs that are within their frame with touch.

So,  what you can do is set a window inactive I believe inside of the menu scene when your help window is active. 

Take a look at the shop scene; windows get disabled when another window is active.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to give the window focus over other windows, you can. But if we're talking about touch input, the window classes only recognize inputs that are within their frame with touch.

So,  what you can do is set a window inactive I believe inside of the menu scene when your help window is active. 

Take a look at the shop scene; windows get disabled when another window is active.

Thanks for the help, but I actually found a plugin that does exactly what I needed.

Iavra Generic Popup

Just had to change the position of the popup window, and was good to go. Thanks anyway, though.

optimized.png

It doesn't take focus, but it clears on it's own in a set amount of time, so it's workable.

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad to hear you got what you needed! Also, I'm glad you're taking the time out to learn this JavaScript stuff; it's pretty fun.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think after I get this game done, I'm going to take a long vacation from game development. It feels great to see the coding skills get better and it is fun - but god it is also so exhausting.
Just advertising that I released version 0.9 of my game yesterday, for feedback purposes. My first game or creative endeavor ever :D Would be cool if someone tries it out!
An overall view of my full set of sprites so far, this was really fun to work in this past year! :kaopride:
1653056206274.png

Even though the game is cancelled, I'm still doing art in my spare time and seeing how it'd look.

It's a lot of fun. Wish I could be an artist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaptainGummiFrogg